Cool new support animation!

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey, I love the new animation you get when you pop a support?

You didn't think maybe your time might be better spent making the game work?

Comments

• blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    no criticism from me here.

I do love the new discard animation.

Liliana is my fav pw. icon_e_smile.gif
  • shteev
    Options
    If the guy who coded that worked on my dev team, I'd fire that sonofabitch for wasting my time and money.
  • shteev
    Options
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... JpIjoidCJ9

Still doing this, I see.

Can't post a screenshot of the game on the game's official forums because it's too large.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Can't post a screenshot of the game on the game's official forums because it's too large.
    Try uploading the image on imgur, they have an editor and you can lower the resolution or you can even link a smaller thumbnail. That's what I usually do.
  • shteev
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Try uploading the image on imgur, they have an editor and you can lower the resolution or you can even link a smaller thumbnail. That's what I usually do.

Ok cheers, I'm on my phone at the moment, don't know my way around it so well.
  • shteev
    Options
    The new animation doesn't even work properly. Creature abilities flicker on and off when the support dies.

Seriously, that guy sitting in the corner of your office? The one who doesn't answer his emails and nobody is really sure what he does? Fire that guy.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic, but the people in charge of UI/UX don't have anything to do with fixing card bugs and the like. icon_e_smile.gif
  • shteev
    Options
    shteev wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic, but the people in charge of UI/UX don't have anything to do with fixing card bugs and the like. icon_e_smile.gif

Well if that isn't the weirdest argument I've ever heard... Are they writing in a different language that neither of the other understands?

Maybe the UI team could use the spare time they have to write dilletante projects to learn some skills applicable to other areas of the project?
  • shteev
    Options
    Ooh, here's a question! Could the UI/UX team have done something useful like make the Converge icon show what color mana the card has?

You know, something that players have been asking for?
  • shteev
    Options
    I'm guessing the UI includes, perhaps, turning on and off the cards in your hand, so maybe they could have added a feature whereby you can tell Awaken cards not to fill up with mana if you don't want them to, or to only cast when they are full of Awaken mana when you want them to?

I figured out a pretty good way of doing it in my head while I was writing that last sentence, so it can't be that hard.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:

Well if that isn't the weirdest argument I've ever heard... Are they writing in a different language that neither of the other understands?

Maybe the UI team could use the spare time they have to write dilletante projects to learn some skills applicable to other areas of the project?

I love it. Let's also get the accounting team in on the action!

Getting the ui team to touch the production code for game mechanics is probably the very reason the support is bugged.
  • shteev
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    shteev wrote:

I love it. Let's also get the accounting team in on the action!

Why stop there! Let's get everyone in the company! All human beings! ALL MATTER IN THE UNIVERSE!!!
  • shteev
    Options
    The post I just put on facebook about how terrible the planeswalker selection screen is just got 4 likes in 17 minutes... is that something that falls under the UI/UX team's jurisdiction?
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    The post I just put on facebook about how terrible the planeswalker selection screen is just got 4 likes in 17 minutes... is that something that falls under the UI/UX team's jurisdiction?
    I have a thread about that in Suggestions.
    I have all of them (except Nahiri). Playing a game with Ajain and then trying to select Sarkhan for the next game is a nightmare. I can play another game for the time it takes. And this is gonna get worse when new planeswalkers are added.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    I have all of them (except Nahiri). Playing a game with Ajain and then trying to select Sarkhan for the next game is a nightmare. I can play another game for the time it takes. And this is gonna get worse when new planeswalkers are added.

Are you exaggerating? It takes literally a second max per swipe, so 10 seconds?

It's a pretty bad setup though.
  • shteev
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    shteev wrote:

Are you exaggerating? It takes literally a second max per swipe, so 10 seconds?

Probably longer than 10 seconds, but it's a pretty bad UI/UX. It regularly skips over 2 planeswalkers when you scroll it expecting one... and you often accidentally select a planeswalker, especially if you're scrolling fast, so you have to look at their deck. And then sometimes minimising their deck takes ages.

There's a scrollbar on the screen, but I'm buggered if I can pick it up to use it.

Of all the UI's I've used and the UX's I've had, it ranks pretty low.