9/2/2016 - Saheeli Rai's Challenge - Secondary Objectives

Options
Hibernum_JC
Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey folks,

Since it was requested to us through PMs and such, here are the secondary objectives for the upcoming event. This way you'll be able to theorycraft your decks in advance!

The event has 4 nodes - a central node, which forces Saheeli Rai as a Planeswalker, and three other nodes where you can play with any other Planeswalker (no color restrictions this time around!)

Without further ado, here is the list of secondary objectives:

Saheeli Rai Node (Central)
Summon 8 or more Constructs during a single fight

Top Node
Cast 8 or more Supports during a single fight

Bottom Left Node
Cast 8 or more Spells during a single fight

Bottom Right Node
Summon 8 or more Creatures during a single fight

As an aside, note that Thopters are now classified as Constructs, so they will count for Saheeli Rai's Construct objective.

Comments

• tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks, was starting to wonder about this after noticing that the reward page only came up after choosing your walker in the current event
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Do thorptors still count as creatures then?
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    What does Saheeli's deck look like?
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Do thorptors still count as creatures then?
    They should as they are considered as construct creatures...
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hopefully the devs can see why it is important for us to know this info before we choose a planeswalker to champion a node. It would be extremely frustrating for a player to pick Tez for example on the bottom right node since, why not they're all the same, and then later find the top node is where he wanted him so he could try to achieve the support objective. I suggest that this info be added somewhere that it can be seen through the app. Anyone not privy to the forums here will be in for a nasty surprise if not.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will the cooldown between games still be the same length? I see myself needing to playtest some decks in QB but will have too little time in between the current event ending and the new one starting straight after..
  • KroNoS
    Options
    THANK YOU for the information regarding this new event.

it is greatly appreciated!

FOLLOW UP QUESTION - is Saheeli Rai's deck completely preconstructed or can we modify it?
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Are the secondary objectives with 3 points since you only listed one per node?
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    Will the cooldown between games still be the same length? I see myself needing to playtest some decks in QB but will have too little time in between the current event ending and the new one starting straight after..

Depending on when you played your first matches with all your planeswalkers in the current event, you should have close to three hours between the 'end' of the current event and the start of the new one. Assuming you started right at 9 a.m PST and played each planeswalker at least once, your last refresh for each will be close to 5 a.m. PST. After that the event is essentially over for you and you just have to wait for the timer to run out to collect rewards and hope that noone beats your score. During that time you should have plenty of time to playtest some decks.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JC, are you deliberately not revealing the other secondary objectives for each node or there are none?

I am fine if you do not want to tell everything, just let we know it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    Nitymp wrote:

Depending on when you played your first matches with all your planeswalkers in the current event, you should have close to three hours between the 'end' of the current event and the start of the new one. Assuming you started right at 9 a.m PST and played each planeswalker at least once, your last refresh for each will be close to 5 a.m. PST. After that the event is essentially over for you and you just have to wait for the timer to run out to collect rewards and hope that noone beats your score. During that time you should have plenty of time to playtest some decks.

No I knew that, but thanks icon_e_smile.gif Just that I am in the UK so event time end is 5pm and last nodes available at 1pm, which means I can play my last round at lunch (as usual) but can't really play much while at work. Then of course there is the commute home etc to deal with and wanted to edit some decks first etc.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    What does Saheeli's deck look like?

Yes, is this premade or can it be varied?
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I assume this will be tiered. Which PW determines our tier? Not all of them will be at the same level, and the highest ones might not be those most suitable for the nodes.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    I assume this will be tiered. Which PW determines our tier? Not all of them will be at the same level, and the highest ones might not be those most suitable for the nodes.
    Don't know the real logic for this one but if you check the rewards it will tell you which tier you are(base on your current mastery levels).
    For me I have 3 golds and 2 silver and it says gold.
    Think probably will just count the highest one.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:

the game will go thru all 5 of your Color mastery n take your highest one as the tier you qualify as.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    fox1342 wrote:
    Don't know the real logic for this one but if you check the rewards it will tell you which tier you are(base on your current mastery levels).
    For me I have 3 golds and 2 silver and it says gold.
    Think probably will just count the highest one.
    You are not Platinum? Damn, why did I go Platinum when even you are not icon_cry.gif
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another thought - Is this a Rage event?
  • pacha
    pacha Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    Another thought - Is this a Rage event?

It is a good question, and it determines the deckbuilding IMHO, even more with such secondary objectives (cast 8 supports/spells/creatures)
  • alextfish
    Options
    I doubt it's Enraged. That seems to be more an Innistrad thing, and this event is Kaladesh-themed (even though the prizes are SOI).