1.8 Release Notes (11/22/16)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

The next update for Magic: Puzzle Quest will be available later today to download. Please see complete release notes below. Good news is that this download will not require server maintenance beforehand. Enjoy the update!

MTGPQ 1.8.0:
What's New:
- Planeswalkers Vault - Preview upcoming Planeswalkers before they are available!
- Inbox & Rewards in Activity Hub: View Direct Messages and Rewards earned in the Activity Hub.

System Improvements:
- Seamless Deployment: after the release of 1.8.0, each new update will not require the game to be shut down.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed certain connectivity issues.
- Fixed placeholder text that displays when viewing the Rewards prompt.
- Fixed missing strings for the Eldritch Moon offers
- Fixed The Altar's Reap art displays when viewing the nodes for multiple Avacyn's Madness event variants.

*Updated 11/22 with complete 1.8 Release Notes

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Excellent! No downtime is great news. And being more transparent with PW rotation schedule is also a v positive move icon_e_smile.gif

Question - could a similar viewable schedule of exclusive mythics for sale be created?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    (Please note that anything listed below is subject to change before release.)
    Sometimes it does!
    LakeStone wrote:
    - Planeswalkers Vault - Preview upcoming Planeswalkers before they are available!
    Awesome! I know your planned releases change depending on circumstance, but at least we will be able to see at least the next one up. A step in the right direction!
    LakeStone wrote:
    Inbox & Rewards in Activity Hub: View Direct Messages and Rewards earned in the Activity Hub.
    Does this mean we can start DM'ing people? Or is this just coalition chat in the Activity Hub?

Are "Rewards earned" like the pop-up screens when an event ends? Or is this going to be the requested feature to show us when the free packs are ripe for picking without going to the vault? Or is it going to be a mini-vault window showing how many packs you have unopened?

I suppose we shall see.
    LakeStone wrote:
    Seamless Deployment: after the release of 1.8.0, each new update will not require the game to be shut down.
    Will clients update themselves automatically or will they need to be updated via the play/app store still? I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be good and not accidentally lose accounts. Everyone should remember to take a screen shot of the settings page (for uid) and the rares/mythics they have. And as always make sure you connect to facebook in case your phone dies so you don't lose everything.
    LakeStone wrote:
    Bug Fixes
    - Fixed certain connectivity issues.
    - Fixed placeholder text that displays when viewing the Rewards prompt.
    - Fixed missing strings for the Eldritch Moon offers
    - Fixed The Altar's Reap art displays when viewing the nodes for multiple Avacyn's Madness event variants.
    These are UI and server bug fixes, so not the client fixes people are waiting for. Doesn't ruffle my feathers. I'm sure they are working on Kaladesh which by my calculations ought to be out around the first full week of December just in time for the Anniversary. If I had to guess, I'd say they did fix lots of bugs, but it's tied in with the new code so can't be pushed to our current clients.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good stuff,
    Could you please fix this annoying support lock issue screen ?
    I know you can hide it by clicking on support again but its bit difficult if the affected one is an investigated one from Timo's journal
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good stuff,
    Could you please fix this annoying support lock issue screen ?
    I know you can hide it by clicking on support again but its bit difficult if the affected one is an investigated one from Timo's journal

I think last I read they still didn't know what causes this, so that might take a while.
  • losdamianos
    Options
    It only happens when you tap on screen to skip animation which may I add are way to long
    there really should be a graphical option to skip unnecessary animation for players who played this game for a while
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It only happens when you tap on screen to skip animation which may I add are way to long
    there really should be a graphical option to skip unnecessary animation for players who played this game for a while

I've actually accidentally disproved it. I cast something and reached for water, so I didn't tap to skip, and the thing still came up for me.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Season's Past working with Transform cards yet? Any change on Transform cards at all?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Season's Past working with Transform cards yet? Any change on Transform cards at all?
    These are all UI/UX and server updates. As I've said before, we're gonna have to wait a couple weeks for bug fixes.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The new, cleaned-up Activity Hub reminds me of one of the BIGGEST pet peeve I have for the game: The daily login reward.

With something so important being placed at the bottom of the page people likely will not care to read fully (because, hey, Events, QB and Vaults are far more important than those announcements; especially for people who sometimes don't turn their phone off and thus the app keeps running as it's stuck on QB page or something), it can be dangerously easy to miss the daily reward (which has to be collected manually to boot), and there is NO WAY to recoup them once lost. Sure, the fatpack only requires you to login for 21 days, but a booster pack, especially from the latest set, placed on the 30th day is still not a measly reward (definitely worth a hell lot more than 1500 runes on the preceding day), and making such reward easy to miss is rage-inducing. At least.

But I guess no use sulking about it now. Good job on the clean up anyway, keep improving, devs.
  • watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    In future, is it possible to add a timer on how long will the particular PW remain in the sale? The same way 'themed' packs are timed? It would help with crystals management...
  • Splizwarf
    Options
    watman wrote:
    In future, is it possible to add a timer on how long will the particular PW remain in the sale? The same way 'themed' packs are timed? It would help with crystals management...

This is a very good idea. I want Tez (for 'experiments') and can't afford him til next weekend; had to go look up how long he'd be around via the D3Go FAQ page, outside the MtGPQ app. Friction.
  • losdamianos
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    System Improvements:
    - Seamless Deployment: after the release of 1.8.0, each new update will not require the game to be shut down.

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif
    I'll happily take planned maintenance over your "seemless deployment"
  • rob443
    rob443 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'll happily take planned maintenance over your "seemless deployment"

A unannounced maintenance that kicks you out of your game wont make you happy either. icon_lol.gif