Urgent : Devs! Event might be a disaster!

Options
Ohboy
Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So we're coming to the first node refresh soon, and the boss is sitting on 64%. I've hit every objective so far, and I'm at 160/450 towards my progression.

I think no one is going to hit max progression at this rate. Did the devs underestimate the effect of everyone being able to play every node? Or did more players join the game between avacyn and now?

In any case, we should see the forums swamped with complaints soon. Which is a pity, because this event seems way better than avacyn.

Comments

• Shadow76
    Options
    Yeah that would make me upset to not get the Panharmanicon. Plus I'm really not feeling the 6 hour cool down. This game is a grind not a "play for 30 mins, take 6 hours off, then play for 30 mins" game.
  • SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    My wife and I had just noticed this as well. If we're not at 225 by 50% this has disaster written all over it.

Edit: The last boss is worth 50, so it's doable, but it's going to be tough for a lot of folks.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 rounds with perfect runs and hitting every objective puts the maximum ribbons achievable at 420, just shy of 450.... So a 6th round is needed. If we even make it that far without the boss dying it will be a super quick race after the 6th respawn. I believe many of us will miss the final prize.
  • schattenstern
    schattenstern Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have 3 nearly perfect runs (only 2 secondaries missed) and I don't see any real chance to get the final prize, the boss seems to lose health as fast as avacyn but we have far less opportunities to get points. Maybe a decrease of the needed points for progression is needed.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has this perhaps been done on purpose so that everyone doesn't get the full progression reward?
  • schattenstern
    schattenstern Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The problem is that currently no one will get the full reward (the rare)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like this is especially problematic when you consider this is the first time we're playing off against these battles, so if you look at your secondary objectives, and pick the wrong strategy to meet them, you're screwed. I failed to meet the secondary objectives against the gremlin on the second node because of this, and fear that will mean there's zero change I'll get the Panharmonicon.

Also the calculation I read earlier needs to consider that Noxious Gearhulk is bugged, and doesn't give credit for the second artificer objective. I cast 7 supports when I completed that match and only got credit for "cast 4 or more supports" but not the "cast 1 or more support"
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agee whith what is being said here.

See my post 'A fairer way for boss events ?' in the Events forum
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, another event fail. You would think they learned from the first Avacyn event?

I basically started playing when the boss was at 50%. Now the boss is at 29% and I have 331 points. My nodes regain 1 charge each in 7 hours which is just before my bedtime.

To whomever designed the event timer: Can you please stop punishing players based on their timezone? Seriously. Everyone has a different schedule, you need to allow for that flexibility.

Casual and competitive play should always be kept separate. The coalition challenge should continue up until the boss is depleted of health. After that point in time, players should be able to continue for personal progression until the entire event ends (for a fixed length of time). It's not rocket science.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a timezone punishment, exactly the right word.... If there is a 6th round, it will be at 2 AM in Europe. So except if they extend the duration not just a little but a lot we will never get the rare reward in ANY of the next events except playing in the middle of the night every sunday
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thésée wrote:
    This is a timezone punishment, exactly the right word.... If there is a 6th round, it will be at 2 AM in Europe. So except if they extend the duration not just a little but a lot we will never get the rare reward in ANY of the next events except playing in the middle of the night every sunday
    Agreed. See my post "A fairer way for boss events ?" In the Events forum
  • MrStem0
    Options
    Sat on perfect score here, I understand that I may have t get up in the night to achieve another refresh. But if we don't even get the opportunity that's complete TinyKitty.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Agee whith what is being said here.

See my post 'A fairer way for boss events ?' in the Events forum
    You forgot to link it for lazy people like myself.

So with the 4th round not yet complete (event started with 2 rounds available) and the West coast still asleep, we are at 20%. The next round (5) will surely be the last, shutting everyone out of the final progression prize. Maybe they could just give everyone the rare and pack? Seems ludicrous that a perfect score can't net the best personal prize.

Realistically, the devs can do math and figure out exactly how much health to give the big boss to finish whenever they like. Why bother doing it this way at all? Just make it a fixed number of rounds instead of an event where people have to stress about being on right at the end to get their last few points. You also avoid snafu's like underestimating health and making the progression impossible.
  • techparadox
    Options
    "Might be a disaster"? More like "Is definitely a failure". I just checked the life bar, and it was at 18% with just a hair over two hours to go before the next refresh. The event will definitely be over with the next cycle, so unless there's either an actual Tezzeret boss that will spawn after the nodes are dead to give us a new batch of points, or if the devs extend the bar to make the event viable, there's no way anyone is going to get to that KLD pack and Panharmonicon.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The easiest thing to do is to just award the same event exclusive card next event. No harm done especially since people don't even have to stay up for events anymore.
  • Mvpelway7
    Mvpelway7 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I'm bummed. I was easily top in my coalition, but there is just no way with these timers for me to get to 450.. I've never failed one before once I started it. This wasn't thought through very well.

Another issue that i can see here is players that need every gem possible to take advantage of the limited mythic purchases. This event will make even the high gem goal difficult
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Boss is at 17%. I have 325 points. I've missed a total of 15 possible points, all from secondary objectives. Respawn isn't for another hour and a half. It won't be enough to reach 450. The boss will be dead in 6 1/2 hours when it will be enough possible points. The event is impossible to finish.
  • Oaklanbash
    Oaklanbash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    People relax.... the prize will be given out... we will not get the reward today but they will compensate us somehow. If we have to run the event again great.... more rewards for all.... you people are such negative Nancy's
  • SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Oaklanbash wrote:
    People relax.... the prize will be given out... we will not get the reward today but they will compensate us somehow. If we have to run the event again great.... more rewards for all.... you people are such negative Nancy's

Normally I would agree with you, but Thalia is still fresh in my memory.
  • Pestilence
    Pestilence Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When was the last time we got compensated for their ineptitude?
    I remember actual crystals once long ago that seemed like compensation but it's been either an insult like xp that could be earned spending 10min in qb or a pack of xp that could be earned in 2min in qb.