1.9.1 Release Notes (12/21/16)

Options

Comments

• buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now guys.

You did, like, TEST this update before you put it out, right?
  • MBonott0
    MBonott0 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    the supports still doesn't show the unit card when
    I tap on them.

HH

Here it's working. That was the first thing I've checked when update finished.
  • malafein
    malafein Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    the supports still doesn't show the unit card when
    I tap on them.

HH

It looks like I have to tap a support twice for it to show up. The first time there's a flash on screen. The second time it will flash a little before showing up. Afterwards, I just have to tap that specific support gem once for it to pop up.

I'm running Android on a OnePlus 2.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my mistake, (thought it was a server update).

just updated and it works fine now. looks like improved
    clarity on the gem board too.

HH
  • Hibernum_Will
    Options
    jetnoctis wrote:
    Do we need to own Dovin Baan to use him for the blue-white node? Or will he already be there for us to use like in the old Saheeli event?
    You'll need to own Dovin Baan to battle on the Blue and White Node.
    majincob wrote:
    Couple Questions:

1. Will the Inventor's Fair come with smaller brackets and/or multiple events for the same prize like they did with the Saheeli Rai events?

Last event I joined 3 hours before the end in platinum and could see down to ~1700 place, If all plat players are in one bracket, roughly 0.1% of the platinum players can get the reward. Not to mention 5/3000 in Gold and Silver.

2. Will this be a coalition event? Makes a difference in planning, especially if we have to purchase and level Dovin to even play competitively.
    1. Rooms will have standard brackets (maximum of 3000 players). We'll run the Inventor's Fair Event multiple times - however, the current plan is that each run of the event will have a different exclusive Mythic card. (As always, there's a small chance that the current plan may change.)

2. There will be Coalition Rewards in the event, but the exclusive Mythic Card will be on the individual leaderboard.
  • MBonott0
    Options
    It's just here or the game become very slow after 40min playing? Animation frame-to-frame...
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So he'll be available in the vault before the event starts then, right?
  • rambclem
    Options
    In my case the game is quite unplayable now, very laggy and it uses a lot of resources and phone gets very hot...
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    octal9 wrote:

Honestly, if you are requiring a specific Planeswalker for an event, it should be pre-loaded into the node.

Requiring players to buy (potentially without a non-real currency option) a PW in order to play a node is an insulting money grab. Please either gift it to everyone or do as you did for Saheeli's event where she was pre-loaded into the node.

Also, are there any plans to reduce the graphical issues with the gem board? It's not always headache inducing now, but when there are many servos / energized gems it's still very hard to read the board and causes severly playability issues due to slowness.
  • MBonott0
    Options
    rambclem wrote:
    In my case the game is quite unplayable now, very laggy and it uses a lot of resources and phone gets very hot...

Yup. Same here.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Each event, one node is set aside for a specific Planeswalker, while the other nodes require a Planeswalker of the appropriate mana affinity.

In the first Inventor's Fair, the Blue and White Node will be restricted to Dovin Baan.
    With a red and a green node, the new Chandra and the new Nissa seem to look like good candidates for locking down nodes in the event. Will we have to pay real money to purchase those planeswalkers to play the event or will those events not be until the new planeswalkers are available in the vault for manacrystal.png ?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @hibernum_will: if we need to own Dovin to use him on white/blue for the event will you put him up for sale again so we can purchase him?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I own Dovin Baan, but this is pretty shameless.

Having an "entry fee" into your events is not a good policy.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, just wow.

A coalition event that you need to have paid $$ for in order to enter? Even if Dovin is available for purchase with crystals in the vault before the event, this is still a very bad idea.

Some people don't want Dovin because they feel he is too tied to one set or for other reasons (be it saving up for other PWs or just not having runes to level or even crystals).

On TOP of this, the event is a coalition one which means a lot of people will feel forced to buy him if they don't want to play the event with just 2 nodes and screw over their coalition.

Not cool guys, not cool.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    this is just silly. you should give everyone Dovin for the event only, and let them build their own decks with him (to avoid the problems saheeli event had). but until you get him for money or manacrystal.png you can't use him outside the event.
    why couldn't this have been done?
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jetnoctis wrote:
    Do we need to own Dovin Baan to use him for the blue-white node? Or will he already be there for us to use like in the old Saheeli event?
    to battle on the Blue and White Node.
    So I have to change my previous statement.

More greedy than ever forcing people to buy content.

Next event will be what? You need a specific mythic(of the exclusive list) to even join?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Yes. Dovin Baan will be available in the vault starting December 29th, the day before the Inventor's Fair, therefore you'll be able to acquire him with crystals.

I have gone ahead and updated the original post with this new information.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi everyone. Dovin Baan will be available in the vault starting December 29th, the day before the Inventor's Fair, therefore you'll be able to acquire him with crystals.
    Thanks. Is his crystal cost locked down yet, or is it still subject to change?
  • Zero416
    Zero416 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby,

Thanks but the real question is, next time you guys lock out nodes for the fair, which pws are required? Chandra v2 or Nissa v2? And will they be available for crystals before the fair or will you force us to buy these pws to compete for the 'exclusive' rewards? If that's the case this is shady business.

Thanks for the update to bugs and open communication and the old PvE event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi everyone. Dovin Baan will be available in the vault starting December 29th, the day before the Inventor's Fair, therefore you'll be able to acquire him with crystals.
    Thanks. Is his crystal cost locked down yet, or is it still subject to change?
    Since Dovin Baan's vault appearance is still over a week away, I personally do not have that information. If I end up acquiring that info later in the week, I can edit the post to include it.

Having said that though, dual-colored Planeswalkers have historically cost more than mono-colored, so I personally would speculate that to be true for Dovin Baan as well.