Lag in 1.9.2

Options
buscemi
buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWZEpQV1PYs

Here's some footage from my second crashed game in the Inventor's Fair, played against [player name available on request]. I've lost 0 points through gameplay, but I'm languishing in 78th place.

I've been playing this game since 2015 on the same device, and I've never seen lag this bad before. I mean, sure, I'm used to my game slowing down for a few frames every time a Deploy the Gatewatch filled up in 1.9.1, but this is taking it to a whole nother level.

Sadly, my youthful inexperience with the screen recording software means I stopped the video too early to record the moment when the game actually ground to a complete halt when I clicked on a support (although weirdly, the pause menu was still working, even though everything else was unresponsive).

My first crashed game was also played against a Kiora.. that one ground to a halt when I clicked on the pause menu.

Some of my team suspect the particular problem card that my opponent was playing with is Oath of Nissa... like any Fetch card at the moment, it starts to cause problems as soon as it is filled with mana in someone's hand. I hope that gets fixed. I hope all Fetch cards get fixed. I hope everything gets fixed. But that's not going to get me an Aetherworks Marvel, is it.

Comments

• Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Feels the pain of the crash as well twice now.

AI was holding cards filled with mana and game came to screeching halt.
  • buscemi
    Options
    I'm getting a few reports in of people encountering similar problems against the same player's Kiora deck.

Posting his name here to try and help collate information about the problem. Oh, and I forgot to capitalise the 'm' at the start of his name in this screenshot:

16114434_10209988580904097_3496177966756793365_n.jpg?oh=97a8b4c9cac7a131353a5ebdc3769579&oe=59223C99

As has been made clear here, please don't post this player's name in text. Also note that this is not an accusation of wrongdoing by the player himself.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had trouble playing against him, too. Not "I lost" problems, but "The game slowed down to unplayable speed" problems.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It worth mentioning that Exert Influence in a hands causes problems. It worst than other fetch cards
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same here. I've played against him twice. I have a Galaxy S6, so it's not the newest phone, but it's pretty good.

While I've had some lag when playing against fetch cards--the usual suspects of Deploy, Talent, Seek the Wilds, and so on--both of my matches were absolutely terrible.

It was like watching a PowerPoint presentation on how to play MTGPQ, but less fun. A single turn of him matching gems would take upwards of 2 minutes. I could almost hear my phone screaming.

Since his deck contains Crush and Exert, playing creatures only makes it worse. Thankfully, I had the tools to beat his deck.

In the first match, after 54 minutes of watching the slideshow, I managed to beat him with an alpha strike of C2 ultimate, plus Colossusx2, Ulrich, and Pig totalling 88 damage.
    In the second match, I simply sided out all of my Kiora's creatures and handlocked him to win with a combination of Fevered Visions and Explosive Apparatus. Mind you, that didn't stop the lag. That match took AN HOUR AND SEVENTEEN MINUTES.

Honestly, if this wasn't an exclusive event, I probably would have just quit.

So anyway, beware, everybody. Hopefully not everyone has to go through this nonsense.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MADAFAKA wrote:
    It worth mentioning that Exert Influence in a hands causes problems. It worst than other fetch cards

That's the first time I've heard that. Interesting. He definitely was playing Exert.

The card that was the outlier for me was Oath of Nissa, which I never see played, so I have assumed it was the main culprit.

Also, to be clear, I don't think the guy running the deck necessarily knows his deck is doing this, or made it as a deliberate troll deck. It's a viable Kiora cycle deck built on making Octopi and controlling the board. We're not trying to slander him.
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    IDK bout Oath of Nissa.

I have had it played against me a few times and game didn't freeze like having card draw stuck in ones hand.

I also took Exert Influence and talent of telepath out of my deck and its ran with hardly any lag.

Using a Note 5 just for the record.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Submitting a ticket is a soul destroying escapade, isn't it? i thought I'd go through with it just this one last time, tho. Here it is, I'mposting it here just so that it isn't forever lost in the nether regions of the customer support department...
    Hiya! I've had 2 lockups in the recent Inventor's Fair event, and it's cost me a spot in the top 25 icon_e_sad.gif

They both occured under similar circumstances, playing vs a Kiora deck. The game slowed down to a degree which I have never seen before 1.9.2, to the point where it was unplayable. There is video footage in this thread I started in the forums: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57750
    Also contained within the thread are some ideas why players think this lag is occuring.

In my first frozen game, the game ground to a halt when I hit the pause menu. The menu began to grow in the middle of the screen, but stopped when it was only a few pixels high, and then all animation ceased. With advice from my teammates, I kept clicking on the tiny pause menu, to see if I could hit the 'X' icon that closed it down again. After 10 minutes or so, I managed it, and the menu closed down... sadly, tho, while clicking on the tiny, tiny meny, it seems I also unintentionally quit the game icon_e_sad.gif

In the second game, (from which the video footage was taken), the lag was even worse... Eventually, after 30 minutes, everything froze up when I clicked on a support. The screen became slightly darker, as it normally would when a support card would be shown, but no such card was displayed, and every element of the game was unresponsive except the pause menu.

I hope you can fix these problems, and also do something about the fact that I missed out of the Aetherwork Marvel prize!

I've been talking to the community support manager, and he says that 'I will be following up with the developers regarding this issue'.

What the hell are 'data version' and 'server version'?
  • buscemi
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    ...everything froze up when I clicked on a support.

How very apt icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Submitting a ticket is a soul destroying escapade, isn't it? i thought I'd go through with it just this one last time, tho. Here it is, I'mposting it here just so that it isn't forever lost in the nether regions of the customer support department...
    Hiya! I've had 2 lockups in the recent Inventor's Fair event, and it's cost me a spot in the top 25 icon_e_sad.gif

They both occured under similar circumstances, playing vs a Kiora deck. The game slowed down to a degree which I have never seen before 1.9.2, to the point where it was unplayable. There is video footage in this thread I started in the forums: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57750
    Also contained within the thread are some ideas why players think this lag is occuring.

In my first frozen game, the game ground to a halt when I hit the pause menu. The menu began to grow in the middle of the screen, but stopped when it was only a few pixels high, and then all animation ceased. With advice from my teammates, I kept clicking on the tiny pause menu, to see if I could hit the 'X' icon that closed it down again. After 10 minutes or so, I managed it, and the menu closed down... sadly, tho, while clicking on the tiny, tiny meny, it seems I also unintentionally quit the game icon_e_sad.gif

In the second game, (from which the video footage was taken), the lag was even worse... Eventually, after 30 minutes, everything froze up when I clicked on a support. The screen became slightly darker, as it normally would when a support card would be shown, but no such card was displayed, and every element of the game was unresponsive except the pause menu.

I hope you can fix these problems, and also do something about the fact that I missed out of the Aetherwork Marvel prize!

I've been talking to the community support manager, and he says that 'I will be following up with the developers regarding this issue'.

What the hell are 'data version' and 'server version'?

The pause thing I find happens when you press it during the opponent's turn.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    buscemi wrote:
    In my first frozen game, the game ground to a halt when I hit the pause menu.

The pause thing I find happens when you press it during the opponent's turn.

It was on my turn, actually, but there were still one or two mana stream effects on the screen, so that's certainly a thing to avoid doing at the moment.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.
    Feb 2, 08:37 PST

Hello D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Thank you for taking this time to report the issue that you are experiencing. We will inform the developer of the issue to make sure they are aware that the problem is occurring.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (***)
    Feb 3, 10:21 PST

Hello! I was very suprised to see that you consider this request solved? Upon corresponding with the Community Manager, Brigby, he told me that "the way you structured your initial ticket made it seem like you were just reporting 2 bug encounters, and not that you wanted something done to your account or to receive compensation for anything."

I did say this in my initial request: "I hope you can fix these problems, and also do something about the fact that I missed out of the Aetherwork Marvel prize!"

But perhaps I was not clear enough, so let me be clearer: I would like to receive compensation for not receiving the Aetherworks Marvel prize.

Thanks!

- shteev.
    Feb 6, 16:01 PST

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding the issue. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide compensation for this issue as you have requested. The developers have been made aware of this issue, though there is very little we can do to assist you any further. Is there anything else you would like us to do for you before closing your ticket? Please keep in mind that we cannot resolve the issue on our end, and it will be up to the developers to release the fix in a future update, and also please keep in mind we will not be able to offer compensation for this issue.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    Mar 8, 16:17 PST

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

We noticed you haven't responded to this ticket in a while and we hope you received our previous response from Feb 6

Please note that any ticket without a response in 30 days will be marked as solved and then shortly after closed. If your issue has not been resolved and is still occurring, we will need you to respond to the last message sent by Customer Service. If the ticket closes before you are able to respond, you can always create a follow-up ticket to continue the conversation.

If you are still experiencing this issue then we would be glad to continue to help. Please let us know!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    Mar 22, 16:17 PST

Hiya! I am still experiencing the issue of not having won Aetherworks Marvel in the Inventor's Fair due to the game crashing. I continue to not have won this card on a daily basis, and I expect to go on not having won it in that event as a result of crashing for some time.

Have you made any progress on this issue? Are you expecting a patch to be issued at a future date that will fix it?

Eternally yours,

- shteev.