Thank you Devs...

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
For listening to our feedback. The updated objectives are still really challenging (I missed both on 3.1 by 1 each) but I feel like with some work and tweaks I'll be able to master them.

My group of coalitions is collaborating and having a lot of fun this time on RAC -- and even I'm not going straight Ob through the whole thing.

Nice to have some reasons to step out of my box and still feel I can be successful.

Comments

• Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That was the intention. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Indeed, I was thrilled to see the changes that were made to push the objectives into the realm of viability for more players. Well done.
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Also many thanks to those who made it know their frustrations so the developers would know the objectives were a little unrealistic. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PastrySpider
    PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kudos. It's still by far the most challenging PvE event yet but nothing is impossible. Now I'm having to make a lot of strategic choices about going after certain objectives.
  • Abbot_Nalaar
    Abbot_Nalaar Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You guys nailed it. I do not expect as many "that a boys" because of all the salty people but just know you even made it fun for them.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Options
    Fix the **** that is infinite gonti combos on every challenging node for this and there wouldnt be a need for salt. I LOVE watching the ai end the game with ONE turn... cascade into 2 whales, then infinite match with dynavolt and marvel just cycling cards over and over and over....
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But... but.... now we can't go 'Haha!!! I did it in 3 turns!!" to our teammates!

Oh, wait. Yes we can icon_e_smile.gif

Carry on!
  • Schlemoc
    Schlemoc Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I also wanted to thank the devs for taking the time to change everything around some. I definitely feel a difference in game play.

For those still griping over gonti, build around it. You know it is there. Plan against it.

Ive lost more this time than last so far, but it has rarely been as bad of a run away beat down head between my legs like last. This is to be a challenge. Not a gimme.

I feel the devs have gone a long way in balancing this event, and making it seem less impossible. The reason ive lost more is because im playing a glass cannon deck. Its a blast when rolling against the ais. I wouldnt be able to play it against a pvp due to low pw health. Its still fun losing with it this time round.
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed. A good balance in this event, we appreciate you listening to the feedback.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Schlemoc wrote:
    For those still griping over gonti, build around it. You know it is there. Plan against it.

Considering support removal isn't targeted, what's your advise? I run Demolish to deal with it, and now rather than targeting legitimate threats, it blows up servos. This is especially an issue with Tezzeret and his ability to pop out 3 servos per turn.

I'm happy to work around an OP as balls support if I can actually tell my spells to kill that one specifically once they're cast.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    could try using void gems to help reduce overload 3 triggers.
    the only reliable method I know is clear energy cards such as
    die young.
    my current problem is the multiple copies of the same few
    cards being dealt. dealing a better variety of cards would
    improve the fun factor for the event.

HH
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Schlemoc wrote:

Considering support removal isn't targeted, what's your advise? I run Demolish to deal with it, and now rather than targeting legitimate threats, it blows up servos. This is especially an issue with Tezzeret and his ability to pop out 3 servos per turn.

I'm happy to work around an OP as balls support if I can actually tell my spells to kill that one specifically once they're cast.

Destroy the energy that powers those mythic supports instead
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Schlemoc wrote:

Loop decks, gem changers, decks that benefit from energy. It's a play through type things because you can't really attack the supports. Find ways to make all the energy they create work for you. OR play black and use Die Young.
  • Schlemoc
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Schlemoc wrote:

Before i built my dovin deck for tezz, i ran koth. Demolish is great even if it hits the servos. It wipes out the energy. Theres the red gremlins card that i wish i had for this instance as well. Build a red deck with olivia if you have her, creature removal, and gem destruction. You will hit the supports takin away shields, and remove energy. Toss in harnessed lightning for good measure. The supports are harmless without energy.

Die young in a black deck is also good, and already provided.

The white card that disables on entry would be a good way to eliminate servos,but a white pw would be needed. That would narrow your chances some.

Heck, use the blue uncommon that bounces for overload 2 for creature removal.

Im just brainstorming at the moment for you. I know my coalition has had great luck with die young and harnessed lightning to keep energy off the board. I been using a blue draw control deck so i have good chances of getting the cards i need to deal with him. I brought in tamiyo and jori to the koth deck for draws, so i would try to line up a harnessed each turn.

Thats what i meant by play around it. Hard at times, but not impossible.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Second platinum bracket?

Huh.

Sometimes it's the little things.
  • zolesz
    zolesz Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    Schlemoc wrote:

How about Sword of the Animist? My experience is that it's pretty effective against Tezzeret.
  • Schlemoc
    Options

How about Sword of the Animist? My experience is that it's pretty effective against Tezzeret.

Completely slipped my mind, but it would bw exactly the type of approach i am recommending. Thank for throwing that one out there for players.