Not. Another. Dime.

Options
Gun Bunny
Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi, everybody!

Most of you may know me only from encountering my decks in the wild. A select few I have had the honor and privilege of playing with as coalition mates. I have had highs, and lows, with you all, and have slogged through the mud with the best of you.

Some of my proudest gaming moments have come in MTGPQ: Winning Saheeli Rai in my last event in silver. Helping to found a top ten coalition. Witnessing the creation of the "I Hate Gun Bunny" fan club. Reaching out to and helping recruit the founder of the "I Hate Gun Bunny" fan club. Having a confirmed one turn AI kill by one of my decks.

But recent, and not-so-recent, events have made me reconsider what these accomplishments have cost me. With that in mind, I went back through my bank statements, and found the total cost.

$1,374.70

For a lot of you, that's probably a ridiculous sum of money to spend on a game, and I would tend to agree with you. For a select few of you, that's peanuts compared to your own expenditures. I am not posting that figure to brag, or belittle anyone. I am posting it to inform D3, Hibernum, (going forward, I'll refer to them as D3H) and anyone else who cares, that that is all they are ever getting. You are losing the whales, D3H, and along with them a sizeable chunk of the rest of the player base.

I've played since almost the beginning, before QB even existed, and runes could actually buy cards. Back when drop rates weren't ridiculously low. I've experienced every bug that's plagued this game, every card nerf, the very few buffs that have been handed out to cards (GR was my very first mythic, and that was when it kinda sucked). I have grown to love the game far more than I than I probably should. I played paper magic for years (Legends through Weatherlight) and found the mix of lore, artwork, and visuals (for what it is, this is a truly beautiful game, artistically speaking) to be a wonderfully addictive pastime for over a year. In that time, however, I have keenly noticed the utter lack of transparency and feedback given by the game developers. The notion that D3H doesn't listen didn't get spun out of whole cloth, nor did it manifest overnight.

This community has so many great ideas available that would improve the game it's not even funny. Yet D3H chugs along their own path, heedless of what their customers are telling them they want. The recent interview given regarding the state of the game, and the allegedly tremendous support and feedback that occurs between you and the player base is laughably pathetic. If you truly believe everything that interview contains, you are delusional and cannot be helped. If that was misguided marketing spin, it calls into serious question your ethical position in relation to the player base. Are you truly willing to lie to that extent to make money? That will end in failure, as it always does.

You have one more chance to redeem the relationship with your players, the lifeblood of your business. Choose wisely.

As for me, I've made my choice.

Not. Another. Dime.

Comments

• Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not. Another. Dime.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pretty much exactly how I feel, well said.

I stopped spending a couple of months ago and with this update i've now decided to outright quit playing.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't dared check what i spent, but it's most likely in the same region. (respect for daring. Gunbunny)

My wallet stays closed untill the direction is changed to a point where we -are- rewarded for the money and energy we put in the game
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you on iPhone? You should try and get some of that refunded.
  • LillyFay
    LillyFay Posts: 2
    Options
    Not.Another.Dime.
  • Kevinanth
    Kevinanth Posts: 50
    Options
    Not Another Dime
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not another cent.
  • mmraie
    mmraie Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nope. Real freaking done with spending
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have an idea, let's pay the devs with 'Mana Coins', after 400 of them they'll have a chance at getting said sought-after dime.
  • adman149
    adman149 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not another dime from me
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not. Another. Dime.

(And I REALLY wanted the archangel and Kiran)
  • cwashley
    cwashley Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not. Another. Dime.
  • FARTFACTORY
    FARTFACTORY Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This was so well written. I'm right there with ya Gun Bunny.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZKrQwNAhEU
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not another dime from me.
  • Kevinanth
    Kevinanth Posts: 50
    Options
    On iPhone you can I disable in app purchases app by app in settings. Will keep you from impulse buys.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Kevinanth: Please don't take it personally that I'm not +1ing your posts, for some weird reason the forum won't let me...
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was on the fence. I seriously considered taking out my wallet and dropping some real money into this game.
    I doubt I would have been a whale. Maybe a minnow. Maybe somewhere in between.
    This update has really helped me to make a decision.

Not. One. Dime.
  • BLKDarkness7
    BLKDarkness7 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kevinanth wrote:
    On iPhone you can I disable in app purchases app by app in settings. Will keep you from impulse buys.

This should be pinned. That impulse buy will get you every time. #NotAnotherDime
  • Apothecary
    Options
    I haven't spent more than a few hundred dollars on this game, and though I disagree with the currency devaluation through the removal of fat packs and big boxes, along with decreased earning potential in events, I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

I hope that the developers will increase the amount of mana crystals earned through the daily rewards, and possibly remove duplicates from card packs if they don't restore the old packs system. The devluation of currency is definitely a big issue.

I am so tired of all these whiny top 10 coalitioners who feel like they're owed refunds and entitlements because they can't get their guaranteed gamebreaking mythics for free anymore.

Kudos to you guys! Thank you for continuing to release new content and dealing with the vocal minority with patience

Apothecary
  • Stykbych
    Stykbych Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm with you as well. Tired of the players being ignored, but expected to keep D3's pockets stuffed. No more.
This discussion has been closed.