SOI things that seem like they're not functioning as intende

Rootbreaker
Rootbreaker Posts: 396
You can't reinforce a transformed card from your hand. Do they fuse together and reinforce when you have two opposite flipped ones in play?

Investigating counts as playing a card for werewolf transforming. Casting a thraben inspector (and nothing else) transformed my werewolf back to day side.

Comments

• Ha!
    I knew transform would be full of issues icon_e_biggrin.gif
    First I wanted to play Eldrazi, but I couldn't because Devoid spells were not colorless.
    Now I want to play Werewolves, but there will be many issues with transform and reinforce and they will never get fixed icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hmm, just tested having a day side and night side version of the same werewolf. They do combine and reinforce each other, and a 4/4 // 6/6 turns into an 8/8 // 12/12 when reinforced, so that part works nicely.
  • Irving
    Irving Posts: 95
    Thraben Gargoyle has nothing to indicate that it can't attack, but it can't until it flips (just like its paper counterpart).
  • When I match one pig my own Clue gems, its shield value goes UP one. Is this intended?
  • I've been playing around with werewolves and overall they behave better than I expected, but there are some issues.

If a card that summons a token enters the werewolves transform to humans. In paper it says "any player casts two or more spells" which means if someone casts a spell that summons 5 tokens, that's one spell and doesn't transform the werewolf. But in PQ it says "any player plays two or more cards" so I guess this is working as intended because the coded the game bad? Anyway with the support that gives +2/+2 when a creature transforms, I don't mind.

Sometimes when I play a werewolf it transforms at the start of my opponent's turn. But the werewolf entered during that turn, so a spell was cast, it shouldn't transform. And it doesn't happen every time, so it's not like they coded it to start counting once it's on the field, something else breaks.

Speaking of transformations when they shouldn't happen, a few times my werewolf transformed back to human when my opponent didn't cast a spell. One time I had two werewolves and only one transformed to human, so it's not like I missed something, it really happens and there is no reason for one werewolf to transform and the other not, when the condition is the same.

The AI has no idea how to use the new spells, he uses buff spells on my creatures if he has no creatures on the board and he uses destroy spells on his creatures if I have no creatures on the board.

There is a new red spell, forgot it's name, that deals damage to creature equal to it's power, but the text says equal to it's toughness.

There were other things that I don't remember, I'll post some more when I see them again.
  • Lambhild Pacifist can attack if it's attack is 6 or more.
    Buffing the creature to 6 or more attack by any means (a spell, a support, a reinforce either by another copy or by mirrorpool) even without having other creatures on the board makes it able to attack.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    True faith censer and hope against hope consider everything an human, not sure about the rest of the human support.

Stensia masquerade seems uncastable without vampires.
  • Runaway Carriage doesn't do anything. That is, it doesn't gain Prevent Damage when it comes into play. Also can second True-Faith Censer, although I wasn't sure if it just checked when it enters the battlefield, as opposed to always giving +1/+0.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thing in the Ice says it can't attack or block. It can be attacked by creatures with Berserker... isn't that blocking?
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    @shteev - Berserker isn't causing your creatures to defend, its making the attacking creature deal damage to ANY accessible creature first before going to the PWs. If you have a non-vigilance, non-defender, non-reach flying creature, and the attacking berserker creature doesn't also have flying, your creature cannot be targeted.
  • tm00
    My runaway carriage was uneffected from the damage of chandra's something so it seems to work for me.

And now something that all kiora users might abuse greatly: silverful partisan gets +4/+4 each time you cast a spell even if it doesn't target( it happened with seek the wild and natural connection) so it is basically a 13 mana noyan dar. Enjoy.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    shteev wrote:
    Thing in the Ice says it can't attack or block. It can be attacked by creatures with Berserker... isn't that blocking?
    @shteev - Berserker isn't causing your creatures to defend, its making the attacking creature deal damage to ANY accessible creature first before going to the PWs. If you have a non-vigilance, non-defender, non-reach flying creature, and the attacking berserker creature doesn't also have flying, your creature cannot be targeted.

He didn't say defend he said block and that is exactly what it is doing.

Also cards like Kessig Forgemaster will trigger their blocking effect when blocking a Berserker.
  • Reaganstorme
    soultwist wrote:
    He didn't say defend he said block and that is exactly what it is doing.

Also cards like Kessig Forgemaster will trigger their blocking effect when blocking a Berserker.

You're quite right. My apologies for the mixup.

tm00 wrote:
    And now something that all kiora users might abuse greatly: silverful partisan gets +4/+4 each time you cast a spell even if it doesn't target( it happened with seek the wild and natural connection) so it is basically a 13 mana noyan dar. Enjoy.

I think those spells have to target other wolf creatures in your deck, not just be any old spell, and not grabbing any other type of creature? I got the same effect with Talent of the Telepath when i used it to grab a wolf, but didn't the next turn when i used it to get a support.

Proc-ing off of Natural Selection is strange though.
  • tm00
    Played another match with him:used 2 spells in one turn: the first one,natural something( turn 3 gems to green ) triggered him, but seek the wilds didn't.

It also only got the bonus once when I had another wolf out.
  • shteev
    When Ghoulsteed respawns from a Landfall Black, if you have 3 creatures, you discard 2 cards, and THEN it asks you if you want to replace a creature.

Doing it the other way around would be preferable.
  • shteev
    My opponent Liliana got a Drownyard Temple out of the graveyard, but when I clicked on it, the UI wouldn't show me the card.

I assume it was a Drownyard Temple because a) she gained 3 mana from it at the beginning of her turn, and b) it appeared in play unexpectedly after she made a match.
  • Lambhild Pacifist can attack if it's attack is 6 or more.
    Buffing the creature to 6 or more attack by any means (a spell, a support, a reinforce either by another copy or by mirrorpool) even without having other creatures on the board makes it able to attack.
    That's probably intentional. The text doesn't say other, and the magic card works the same way.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    shteev wrote:

It's all semantics, and probably how it's all coded.

There may be such thing as an unblockable creature, but I don't think there's an unattackable creature. If you give Thing vigilance, it wouldn't be able to block anything. If you give Thing berserker, it wouldn't be able to attack anything.

For it to be skipped by something with berserker, however, it'd likely have to say "cannot attack or be attacked".

I agree that it probably shouldn't be attacked, though.
  • Reaganstorme
    Indulgent Aristocrat doesnt discard vampire creature cards when activation gems are broken. All creatures get the +1/+1 bonus though.