Card Images Not Loading

Options
Reaganstorme
Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
Can't post the images directly due to size, but this is an old bug still present in the game that I've taken screenshots of.

Link 1
Link 2

Most commonly I've seen this with blue, but it occurred again today with green.

The opponent had played a Murasa Ranger in previous turns which had resolved successfully before being killed and sent to the graveyard. A while later the opponent tried to cast it again but the image failed to display correctly.

During the casting phase where the card is first displayed on the screen, the image linked to the card was a Green Elemental Token creature. There had been NO elementals played that game previously, though I can't recall if Zendikar's Roil had also been cast or was active. One of the green support gems was Nissa's Pilgrimage, and its possible the other is ZR.

Once cast, the card displayed as you can see in the second linked image as a grey scale highlight box.

I would suspect that the token pic is displacing the correct image reference by being loaded after the initial creature is cast then sent to graveyard. This would then break the next version of the original card being played.

Hope you see this JC as we discussed during the week.

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. In all kinds of match ups.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Yep, me too.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just had another game where this happened.

Sequence:
    Opponent plays creature, i destroy creature.
    I play creature, my creature destroyed by "Turn to Frog". Frog Token created.
    Frog Token attacks, dies to opponents defender.
    Next version of Opponent's previously destroyed creature cast, image missing.

Its definitely something to do with dead token creatures breaking image links.