Berserker vs becomes blocked - prickleboar

Options
Bluezeak
Bluezeak Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
Prickleboar with brawlers plate ...

Is berserker the same thing as "getting blocked"?
When prickleboar becomes blocked, it gets first strike. But it also gets first strike if it get berserker and it attacks an opponents creature - is that intended? I didn't expect this. Is this how the card is supposed to work?

If so, I recommend changing the text and the way the card works. Make it "prickleboar has first strike while attackimg" not "when blocked"

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Berserker makes the first creature your opponent controls that isn't at 0 or less toughness block your attacker.
  • Bluezeak
    Options
    So the confusion is around berserker. Under conditions that would cause berserker to allow you to hit your opponents creature, berserker technically makes your opponent block, and that activates prickleboar ability.

I just wanted to make sure pricklboar is working as intended, if berserker was SUPPOSED to be activating his ability (i.e. that it activates vs creatures without defender, reach, or vigilence).
  • Bluezeak
    Options
    Ibe discovered another odd issue related to the above: Retreat to Valakut. "Landfall: the first creature you control gains +2/+0 and the first creature your opponent controls can't block"

Prickleboar + brawlers plate + retreat to Valakut. On landfall, retreat to Valakut does not activate. I'll submit a bug
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bluezeak wrote:
    Ibe discovered another odd issue related to the above: Retreat to Valakut. "Landfall: the first creature you control gains +2/+0 and the first creature your opponent controls can't block"

Prickleboar + brawlers plate + retreat to Valakut. On landfall, retreat to Valakut does not activate. I'll submit a bug

But then berserk forces the creature to block over-riding Valakut?
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Berserker works on things that "can't block", because it's not the defender choosing whether to block, but the berserker choosing to attack it (which does count as "becoming blocked").

Don't know if that's intentional, but there's some sort of logic to it at least.