9/11/2016 and Prized Amalgam is STILL freezing games.

Options
Mainloop25
Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
I had assumed this was fixed in the Thursday update, but reinforcing still freezes the game fairly often.

Comments

• Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As per David [Hi-Fi] Moore from this thread:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The update was exclusively related to some additions and corrections for Chinese language text.

It shouldn't be causing any issues. Definitely open a Support ticket if you are seeing any irregularities after the patch:

http://www.d3go.com/mobile-games-support

Thanks very much.
  • Necandi
    Options
    Hello Tech support,

Just to let you guys know that prized Amalgam is freezing every time with Liliana. All I have to do is use her First ability and discard it and then summon a zombie. When it is destroyed in combat and summon a zombie, the prized Amalgam Works as intended. Please check it up. Thanks in advance.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi, while this is a pretty good description of your issue, unfortunately you've posted to the Marvel Puzzle Quest section, not the Magic The Gathering one.

If you're having trouble navigating to the correct forum, here's a link to a thread already there about the same Prized Amalgam issue.

Prized Amalgam Freezing Issues
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moved the above two posts from MPQ forum. Please be sure to post in the correct game forum to have your issue properly addressed. Thanks!
  • Necandi
    Options
    Yeah, my mistake. Sorry about that.
  • malafein
    malafein Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    It's still freezing on 9/15/2016.

Prized Amalgam was in graveyard after being destroyed in battle.
    I had two other creatures on the field.
    I then cast Shamble back, summoning a 2/2 zombie, which triggered Prized Amalgam to return.
    I selected the 2/2 zombie token to replace with the amalgam.
    Game froze, and forced me to quit, losing the match.

It's really disappointing when this happens during the special events, as you only get so many matches to earn points.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    malafein wrote:
    It's still freezing on 9/15/2016.

Prized Amalgam was in graveyard after being destroyed in battle.
    I had two other creatures on the field.
    I then cast Shamble back, summoning a 2/2 zombie, which triggered Prized Amalgam to return.
    I selected the 2/2 zombie token to replace with the amalgam.
    Game froze, and forced me to quit, losing the match.

It's really disappointing when this happens during the special events, as you only get so many matches to earn points.
    From my experience, it freezes only when you select to replace tokens with it.
    But it might be a general issue with tokens, because when I used Turn to Frog on tokens I also got a freeze.
  • M3f
    M3f Posts: 46
    Options
    Got a freeze by using 3rd Liliana ability also when before I discarrded PA with her first skill. It froze the match imediately when ressurection brought him back. No tokens involved.
  • Necandi
    Options
    M3f wrote:
    Got a freeze by using 3rd Liliana ability also when before I discarrded PA with her first skill. It froze the match imediately when ressurection brought him back. No tokens involved.
    That is exactly what is happenig to me. PA is always freezing when it is discarded by Liliana's first ability then brought back. I tried discarding it with Behold the Beyond and Forgotten Creation. In both cases, when i summoned a zombie, PA came to the battlefield as it should.
  • Springsteen
    Springsteen Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have a similar issue that might help with the debug. Twice now I'll have two prized amalgams in the graveyard, one cast and one reinforced by a Mirrorpool, both having been killed by an opponent's creature. On the board are Thopters and two empty spaces. I cast Drunau Corpse Trawler which brings out a zombie token as well in the 3rd spot. Prized Amalgam comes back and I select for it to replace the the token zombie. The second Prized Amalgam comes back and reinforces the first. This freezes the game.

Was able to replicate this twice. Not exactly sure what causes the freeze but again could be the interaction with the token.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I ranLilliana this past event by accident. Being an idiot I also kept PA in her deck. Two freezes as noted. When discarding PA with Lilianna's first ability, the discarded card returning to the board freezes the game. Cost me a few placing but ended the event with 65/70, so was nor going to hit the top ten anyway.

It's not that PA is unplayable, but care must be taken not to discard it. It works fine if sent to the graveyard from the board. Of course, you could just take it out of your deck entirely (slaps self on forehead)
  • venomAA
    venomAA Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This bug is old. Don't know why the haven't fixed it or rework the card
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Recorded in the Shadows Over Innistrad Buglist. Please head to that thread to like the original post and make it a Hot Topic. Thankyou.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pretty sure this happens specifically when the graveyard is empty apart from PA. It tries to bring back something else, but fails and freezes.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    Pretty sure this happens specifically when the graveyard is empty apart from PA. It tries to bring back something else, but fails and freezes.

That is great info! Good catch.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It may or may not have something to do with the priorities given to the battlefield order given to creatures with Defend. I've mostly had it freeze when a Diregraf Colossus or Crow of Dark Tidings enters the field after a Prized Amalgam is in the graveyard. Perhaps it gets confused when trying to determine which creature is going to occupy the fitst slot, like it's trying to shove two creatures in the same slot.