Ghoulsteed summon

Options
TheLegendDan
TheLegendDan Posts: 52
Summoned a ghoulsteed using a 5 gem landfall and it triggered its ability even though none had been destroyed this game and discarded 2 cards in my hand.

Comments

• Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The game treats all cards in the graveyard as "destroyed" and "removed from the battlefield". So if you discarded Goulsteed then it can be summoned from the graveyard as the card states.

Liliana decks plan around this concept a lot due to her third ability. Discard large creatures --> reanimate them cheaper than their face casting cost.
  • TheLegendDan
    Options
    There were no cards in the graveyard. It was round 2 for the match and no ghoulsteed was summoned from the graveyard.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    That is a lot more interesting. Being summoned without any copies in the graveyard is important to distinguish.

Did you have one in play? Or only in hand? Or both one in play and one in hand at the time you made a match-5?
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've seen odd GS summons before too. But wa smidgame so can't remember. I wish it had a Y/N so that you could choose not to have it appear (and discard cards) if you didn't want it. Maybe that's why it's so cheap for a black 4/4, it gets annoying.
  • TheLegendDan
    Options
    Purhaps summoned is the wrong word.

I had 1 ghoulsteed in hand with 4 other cards. 1 vampire on battlefield, mythic traitor can't remember whole name, anyway. Ghoulsteed needed 4 mana to cast, 5 black gem match to play it, played ghoulsteed which discarded 2 cards.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Here's the card for reference:

Ghoulsteed.png

Ok. That makes it a different issue than I originally thought.

The card ability activated on the Black match-5, discarding two cards only as no Ghoulsteed in the Graveyard, even though Ghoulsteed wasn't in play from your hand yet.

Definite bug. Good catch.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Recorded in the Shadows Over Innistrad Buglist. Please head to that thread to like the original post and make it a Hot Topic. Thankyou.