Shadows Over Innistrad Buglist (Pre 1.7)

Options
Reaganstorme
Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
Please like this post to turn this thread into a HOT TOPIC and make it more visible to the Developers.

Also, this thread is intended for reporting bugs with Shadows Over Innistrad specifically, and is not meant for discussing the causes of the noted bugs. Please create topics to discuss relevant information so that this thread doesn't get diluted.

(Current edit date: 22/9/16)

White:
Hope Against Hope - Not casting if first creature is not a Human tribal type.
Incited Rabble - Activation Gems not cleared after returned to hand.
Silverstike - Caused freeze with Gideon's Reproach also in play.
Spectral Shepard - Not losing buff correctly when Sword of the Animist destroyed.
Thalia's Lieutenant - Not receiving Enter The Battlefield buffs correctly on Reinforcement.

Blue:
Thing in the Ice - Can't block after transforming. If so, missing text "This creature cannot Block". Unconfirmed if bug or correct mechanic.
Thing in the Ice - Cannot acquire vigilance, even after transforming. Related to above inability to block.
Thing in the Ice - Causes game freeze on transformation when dealt damage from a source other than itself.
Thing in the Ice - Transforms upon cast if bounced after transformation and played again.

Black:
Accursed Witch - Does not give player Mana when controlled by Opponent and targeted by player.
Diregraf Colossus - Not entering Battlefield correctly. Confirmed by Dev (url)here(/url).
Ghoulsteed - Match-5 Black caused Ghoulsteed to discard cards before entering play, no copies in Graveyard.
Indulgent Aristocrat - Card text not updated since mechanic change. Should read "Discard the first creature FROM YOUR HAND".
Kindly Stranger - Resurrection does not clear Transformed versions Toughness stat back to base.
Relentless Undead - Reported that it does not bring back Diregraf Colossus from graveyard.

Red:
Avacyn's Judgement - Reported to not gain madness benefit.
Avacyn's Judgement - Description ambiguous. Repeat means "perform this action again" implying "Repeat this 3 times" happens four times in total. Should read "Repeat this 2 more times".
Flameblade Angel - Not producing damage effect occasionally.
Geier Reach Bandit - Causes game crash when transformed (night side) Bandit is in play with Mirrorpool on the board.
Goldnight Castigator - Creature does not take double damage, player takes triple and more based on reinforcement(?).
Goldnight Castigator (NEW 22/9) - Does not double Fevered Visions damage.
Harness The Storm - Full Awaken cards do not get token creatures. Other Awaken effects also fail to Trigger.
Harness The Storm - Forgets that player initiated loop with Match-5.
Harness The Storm - Does not stack benefits from Slayer's Plate.
Kessig Forgemaster - Damages itself.
Malevolent Whispers - Does not give stolen creature Haste. Unconfirmed if bug or correct mechanic.
Village Messenger - Transforms immediately if only card cast by player. Also (url)Transforms back unexpectedly.(/url) Possible interaction with Haste?

Green:
Hermit of the Natterknolls - Transforms immediately on cast.
Silverfur Partisan - (url)Receiving buff from Animist Awakening.(/url)
Silverfur Partisan - Gains +4/+4 when you cast some spells to fetch a Werewolf. Gather the Pack, Talent of the Telepath does not. Seek the Wilds does.
Seasons Past - Can cause a Clue to be returned to hand, with a 2 mana casting cost.
Seasons Past - Interaction with Sage of Ancient Wisdom caused game Freeze.
Seasons Past - When you choose not to play Season's Past, it casts anyway, but does not change any tiles to green.
Seasons Past - Infinite loop possible when copy of Seasons Past is in grave yard and is target of second casting. (url)Dev confirmed to be under review.(/url)

Multicoloured and Colourless:
Anguished Unmaking- Hexproof first creature plus support in play prevents casting.
Fevered Visions - Not interacting with Sphinx's Tutelage correctly.
Olivia, Mobilised for War - Able to stack multiple activations of creature coming into play buff when only card in hand has madness. Unconfirmed if bug or correct mechanic design.
Prized Amalgam - Freezing game on resurrection. Theory: happens specifically when the graveyard is empty apart from PA. It tries to bring back something else, but fails and freezes.
Runnaway Carriage - (url)Not regarded as Blocked when Defender has First Strike.(/url)
Sigurd, Heron's Grace - Not giving Hexproof to player.
Sigurd, Heron's Grace - Hexproof shenanigans with Disable.
Slayers Plate - Not generating Spirit Tokens on creature death.
Thraben Gargoyle - Unable to be bounced when Transformed.
True Faith Censer - Vigilance buff persisting after Support destroyed.

Clues:
Returned to Hand - Clue was able to be returned to player's hand. Unconfirmed if bug or correct mechanic design. Possible interaction with Seasons Past.
Sigil of the Empty Throne - Does not produce Angel Tokens based on Clues. Other cards similarly not supported: Jessian Thief, Thing in the Ice, Blessed Spirits. Many other cards treating Clues as Supports; eg Helm of the Gods.
Ulvenwald Mysteries - Clue popping caused token card to block screen. Also reported here, with images.
Ulvenwald Mysteries - Tokens not spawning when Supports played. Possible card text error.

Other Block Related Issues:
AI does not target Shadows over Innistrad spells correctly.
Transformed creatures not receiving Toughness Boosts correctly. Reported here (Village Messenger), and here (Sage of Ancient Wisdom).
Old Discard mechanic still on some cards.
New Discard mechanic has broken Erebos Titan.
New Discard mechanic causes Remorseless Punishment to fail when cards have madness.
Card Popups block screen. Reported with Clues (as per above) and Token creatures (url)here(/url).
Startled Awake and Westvale Abbey not lootable. Unconfirmed if Exclusives or missing from set as they are not displayed in "Show All" cards list.

Most likely not Bugs: (though all are unconfirmed if bug or correct mechanic design by a Dev)
Rattlechains - Not giving Mana to Spirit cards fetched by player. Fetch is not Draw.
Relentless Undead - Does not come into play when discarded from hand.
Act of Treason - Allows more than 4 creatures for caster.
Anguished Unmaking - Does not destroy first creature if it has Hexproof, despite not being targeted. Consistent with other "First Creature with Hexproof" interactions.
Transformed creatures can't be Reinforced from Hand. Transformed version treated as different creature.

Possibly resolved issues:
Lambholt Pacifist - Can Attack if own Power is 6 or higher. Card now behaves as written. Cannot attack unless another creature present with power 6 or more.
Tharben Gargoyle - Missing "This creature can't attack" text on card. Can now attack. Reported by several players.
Thraben Gargoyle - Reported able to attack when not transformed. Working correctly.

If anyone has the links that are missing from the above list please post them here.

This list has been complied from the last 9 pages of the Bugs Forum and a few from the General Discussion Forum. Will try and keep this list updated as best I can.

Comments

• jimilinho_
    Options
    Good work putting this together
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Updated list.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    True Faith Censor is colorless.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder what % of cards this represents from the whole set. That's a lot of bugged cards and effects.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Konman wrote:

Fixed. Thanks.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Konman wrote:

Fixed. Thanks.
    Konman wrote:
    I wonder what % of cards this represents from the whole set. That's a lot of bugged cards and effects.

There are more bugs that have been fixed since release, but these ones are still present. So less than before, still quite a lot. icon_neutral.gif
  • Netatron
    Options
    Nothing on Season's Past? It's not just overpowered, it also has a ton of bugs. It froze the first game I tried it in, even.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Activation tiles stop working after a few turns. Old bug, still never addressed. (Evolutionary Leap, Grave Mist, etc.)
    Borrowing a creature causes the summon effect to reoccur. Old bug, still never addressed.

Season's Past with Sage causes game crashes.
    Season's Past can cause a Clue to be returned to hand, with a 2 mana casting cost.
    When you choose not to play Season's Past, it casts anyway, it just fails to change any tiles to green.

Silverfur gains +4/+4 when you cast a spell to fetch a Werewolf, but not when other spells are cast to fetch a Werewolf. Gather the Pack does not, Seek the Wilds does, I can't remember if Talent of the Telepath does. In any event, do you "control" a card in your hand?

Olivia can "discard" a madness card and give +3/+3, Flying, and Life Link.
    Conversely, Remorseless Punishment seems to sometimes fail when the opponent has madness cards.
    Relentless Dead does not seem to ever bring back Diregraf Colossus (unconfirmed, just my observation).

Hallowed Moonlight crashes the game when it destroys token creatures when I play against the AI in story mode.

Thing in the Ice cannot acquire vigilance, even after transforming.

That's all I can remember for now.
  • Netatron
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    Thing in the Ice cannot acquire vigilance, even after transforming.

It's also easy to crash the game with Thing in the Ice, generally related to causing it to transform by dealing damage from sources other than itself I believe.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Updated with more bugs.

As a quick mention, this thread is intended for reporting bugs with Shadows Over Innistrad specifically, and is not meant for discussing the causes of the noted bugs. Please create topics to discuss relevant information so that this thread doesn't get diluted.

Also, please post links to threads documenting reported bugs, to assist people to contribute to those discussions.

Non-SOI specific bug mentions are welcomed, but I won't be listing them in the opening post.

Thankyou for listing additional bugs everyone.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok going to help.
    Reading all bugs and will edit this with what's missing and what's wrong.

Edit: ok let's see

Missing: avacyn judgement: reported to not gain madness benefit
    Avacyn judgement: description ambiguous. Could easily mean to should be cast 4 times total(initial + 3 repetitions).

Thing in the ice: transforms upon cast if bounced after transformation and played again.

Silverfur partisan gaining benefit from animist: totally a bug. No need for doubts.

Not bugs: rattlechains is meant to give mana on spirit draw. Fetch is not a draw so it's not a bug.

Relentless dead: should not be cast from discard and should not bring back multiple copies. Not a bug.

Act of treason: temporary creature control allows always more than 3 creatures. Not a bug.

Anguished unmaking: not a bug. Hexproof is consistently granting immunity to all effects that does not state "first creature". Not the expected behavior on a vacuum but consistent on all cards. Could be even changed in future but right now not a bug.

Will edit again if something else comes to mind.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm bringing this to the team's attention to make sure we have bugs listed in the database for any of these we may have missed.
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Great idea for a thread; here are a few more notes on potential SOI bugs:

1. Wolf of Devil’s Breach - Has the same characteristic behavior as Olivia regarding madness; namely:
      -With no cards in hand, the ability will not trigger. -With at least one card in hand without madness, the ability will trigger, and the last non-madness card in hand will be discarded. -With only madness cards in hand, the ability will trigger, but no card will be discarded.

2. Goldnight Castigator - I haven't exhaustively tested all possibilities, and the description in the OP is mostly correct, but there are a few more potential nuances, and from what I've seen this is the general behavior:
      -The PW takes 3x damage from normal attacks and spells, and from most (but not all) abilities; however, the "-X" damage animation only displays 2x damage instead of what's actually subtracted. -The creature takes 1x damage from all sources (haven't seen any exceptions thus far). -(Some?) recurring triggered abilities, e.g.
    Psychic Rebuttal, deal 1x damage to the PW; activate and trap gems might also behave this way.
    -With Enraged in effect, I've heard it mentioned that the PW takes 8x damage, but can neither confirm nor refute this from my own games.

3. Tormenting Voice - Discards the first card in hand, rather than the last.

4. Fevered Visions - Either the card is bugged, or the text is misleading; the wording suggests the opponent will first draw a card, then take 4 damage if they have 4 or more cards in hand after the Visions draw, whereas the damage effect only occurs if they have more than 4 cards in hand after the Visions draw, or equivalently if they have 4 or more cards in hand before the Visions draw.

5. Breakneck Rider - Once transformed (night side), does not always transform back to day side even after the condition listed on the card (2 or more cards cast last turn) has been fulfilled, and even when other night-side creatures with the same condition correctly transform on that turn.

6. Geier Reach Bandit - If a transformed (night side) Bandit is in play with Mirrorpool on the board, playing a second Bandit will freeze the game; the first Bandit's ability triggers, the second Bandit gains +3/+3 and transforms, then Mirrorpool appears to lose its target and remains on the board, and no further action is possible except for quitting the game. This does not appear to happen when other werewolves are cast with a transformed (night side) Bandit already in play (though I haven't tested all of them exhaustively).

7. Lambholt Pacifist and Thraben Gargoyle - The descriptions in the OP might be outdated; I could be mistaken (and will try to test later when I have a chance), but I believe both of these were stealth fixes in a recent patch, i.e. Lambholt Pacifist can no longer attack even if its power is 6 or greater while the controlling player has no other creatures that satisfy the condition, and Thraben Gargoyle can attack normally before transforming (day side).
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dodecapod wrote:
    4. Fevered Visions - Either the card is bugged, or the text is misleading; the wording suggests the opponent will first draw a card, then take 4 damage if they have 4 or more cards in hand after the Visions draw, whereas the damage effect only occurs if they have more than 4 cards in hand after the Visions draw, or equivalently if they have 4 or more cards in hand before the Visions draw.

The card makes sense to me. Currently it says, "At the end of your opponent’s turn, your opponent draws 1 card. If your opponent now has 4 or more cards in hand, your opponent takes 4 damage." So at the end of their turn they draw a card and the "now" is referring to the current end step still.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Thanks everyone. I'm bringing this to the team's attention to make sure we have bugs listed in the database for any of these we may have missed.

David, can we get someone from the team to confirm if any of these aren't bugs please? A few of these are likely interactions that are working as intended and it would be great to get some clarification to avoid confusion.

Thanks for responding to the thread.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    @Dodecapod - Thanks for including those. But this one...
    Dodecapod wrote:
    6. Geier Reach Bandit - If a transformed (night side) Bandit is in play with Mirrorpool on the board, playing a second Bandit will freeze the game; the first Bandit's ability triggers, the second Bandit gains +3/+3 and transforms, then Mirrorpool appears to lose its target and remains on the board, and no further action is possible except for quitting the game. This does not appear to happen when other werewolves are cast with a transformed (night side) Bandit already in play (though I haven't tested all of them exhaustively).

I can't find this card on the D3 cards list, nor Decktester. Is it in the game? Looks like it should be a rare.
    Geier-Reach-Bandit-Vildin-Pack-Alpha-Shadows-over-Innistrad-Spoiler.jpg
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dodecapod wrote:

I can't find this card on the D3 cards list, nor Decktester. Is it in the game? Looks like it should be a rare.

It's a mythic in PQ. The reason it's not on decktester is because the card wasn't released in game when SoI was updated on the site. The site creator is currently taking a break, so some info might still be off (such as Inner Struggle) on there.
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Dodecapod wrote:

It's a mythic in PQ. The reason it's not on decktester is because the card wasn't released in game when SoI was updated on the site. The site creator is currently taking a break, so some info might still be off (such as Inner Struggle) on there.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the decision, or whether there was ever an announcement about it from the devs, but Geier Reach Bandit was added to SOI a while after the initial set release, and offered as a non-exclusive single from the vault when it was first introduced.

Bandit is visible in-game using the "show all cards" filter under Inventory, but perhaps due to the unique way it was released (and to Meto5000 being away), the D3 and Decktester card lists seem to have never been updated to reflect the change.

At any rate, here's what the card does in-game, along with its appearance in the SOI pack list of lootable cards:
    8K96P8t.jpg?1X2qjHm6.jpg?1

vUo2uWh.jpg?1

On an unrelated note, I had a chance to test Lambholt Pacifist and Thraben Gargoyle a little last night, and while it's possible I simply didn't encounter the situations that produce incorrect combat behavior, both cards seemed to function exactly as their texts indicate when I played them; Pacifist required a different creature to have 6+ power in order to be able to attack, even while it had 6+ power itself, and Gargoyle could attack normally even on day side, and lacked the red "X" over its power that used to be present prior to the last few patches.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Dodecapod wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the decision, or whether there was ever an announcement about it from the devs, but Geier Reach Bandit was added to SOI a while after the initial set release, and offered as a non-exclusive single from the vault when it was first introduced.

Bandit is visible in-game using the "show all cards" filter under Inventory, but perhaps due to the unique way it was released (and to Meto5000 being away), the D3 and Decktester card lists seem to have never been updated to reflect the change.

At any rate, here's what the card does in-game, along with its appearance in the SOI pack list of lootable cards:

8K96P8t.jpg?1X2qjHm6.jpg?1

vUo2uWh.jpg?1

On an unrelated note, I had a chance to test Lambholt Pacifist and Thraben Gargoyle a little last night, and while it's possible I simply didn't encounter the situations that produce incorrect combat behavior, both cards seemed to function exactly as their texts indicate when I played them; Pacifist required a different creature to have 6+ power in order to be able to attack, even while it had 6+ power itself, and Gargoyle could attack normally even on day side, and lacked the red "X" over its power that used to be present prior to the last few patches.

Thanks for the additional info. I had missed its inclusion into the game. Never the less I'll add it to the bug list.

Thanks also for testing LP and TG. I'll move them into a new category of "probably resolved".