Objectives in Terrors.

Options
OhanaUnited
OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
In the event where you need to summon 2 zombies or spirits for white node, I played Not Forgotten (which summons 2 spirits) but the game said I didn't summon any spirit

Comments

• Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deployed some spirits, got zero credit.
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh no... this is my go-to "oh **** i need a spirit" card. Did it work other times?
  • Woundsealer
    Woundsealer Posts: 16
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Played Sorin, cast 2 "From Under the Floorboards" summoning 6 zombies.

Didn't get credit for them, so had 0/2 summoned at the end of the match, and didn't get the 2 point objective.

This worked before the recent update, which also cost me 2 "turns" on my green planewswalker. Had 2 "fights" before the update, when I was able to reconnect after the down time when it updated... I had "0" fights.

The second issue could just be due to being kicked out / losing connection when the "update" went through, but I would have expected to only lose a single fight that I had been trying to initiate (never got to the point of it starting... the interruption happened when I was healing my PW prior to starting the fight).

Okay, did some play testing for the D3 Go developers.

Casting "Ghoul Caller's Apprentice" also did not count. When the token zombie is summoned when "Ghoul Caller's Apprentice" is killed, this did not count as a summoned zombie.

Summoning "Prized Amalgam" directly counted as summoning a zombie.
    Summoning "Prized Amalgam" from the graveyard did NOT count as summoning an additional zombie.

Summoning "Despoiler of Souls" from graveyard with Liliana's third power "Raise Dead" did not count towards summoning a horror.
  • TimWebko
    Options
    Actually, this issue is more deep seated than that...

The keyword 'summon' in secondary objectives now appears to mean 'CAST' - so only from hand by filling mana.

In addition to Not Forgotten, my L1 returned 3 Vampires from the Graveyard using T3 skill - this has counted in the past, did not count this time.
  • TimWebko
    Options
    It has worked in the past - see Lagartha's thread for further info
  • E1Q1G6
    E1Q1G6 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    This also did not work with Dubious Challenge casting two ww in the green node.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, this is also bugged for me. Quite annoyed that it's going to cost me when my record has been perfect otherwise. I even read through the patch notes before playing to try to avoid being surprised by this sort of thing.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    I just had this same thing, but played From Under the Floorboards, summoned 3 zombies and they didn't count. They always did in the past.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @devs STOP BREAKING THINGS! You want us to promote this game and be proud of it get your act together. WRITE SOME REGRESSION TESTS. You have declining participation because your game is poor quality and dominated by cheaters. Stop spending time making social cards and get the fundamentals right.

ARGH!

Edited out a few small felines // Alve
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just happened to me black node with 2 vamps on the board! Had Olivia and Kalitas on the board at the end I have screen shots if needed!
  • J_Samael_C
    J_Samael_C Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not working with Garruk's 2nd ability either.

Between this and Not Forgotten I've lost 10 ribbons already!

Hooray for testing before releasing a buggy update!!!
  • TimWebko
    Options
    killwind wrote:
    Just happened to me black node with 2 vamps on the board! Had Olivia and Kalitas on the board at the end I have screen shots if needed!

How did they get on the board?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my guess is you now need to cast the creature cards from
    hand for it to count towards the objectives. the wording
    should have changed from summon to cast to reflect this.
    the change is probably part of a fix for the frog/moon
    problem in events.
    Summoning "Prized Amalgam" directly counted as summoning a zombie.
    Summoning "Prized Amalgam" from the graveyard did NOT count as summoning an additional zombie.

my reasoning is the first time the creature was cast from
    your creature card and not summoned onto the battlefield.

HH
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    orgazmo wrote:
    Oh no... this is my go-to "oh **** i need a spirit" card. Did it work other times?
    I agree. It's cheap (3 mana) and summons 2 spirits (which satisfies secondary objective)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm a bit confused myself on the terminology, and what the secondary objective is successfully counting, so I'll reach out to the developers to get clarification.

My hope is to also get a brief explanation of all terminology, in order to address any other issues like this in the future. Do any of you have any specific terms you'd like clarification on though?
  • TimWebko
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I'm a bit confused myself on the terminology, and what the secondary objective is successfully counting,

In this case, it's 'Summon' vs 'Cast' - Cast indicates that you have to play the card from hand when it is filled with mana from matches. Summon is broader, and also includes PlanesWalker loyalty effects, spells, returns from the graveyard and possibly another couple of more obscure methods

The secondaries for this event quite clearly state 'Summon' (as they have for all previous versions of this event) - however, this time, it appears that only 'Cast' creatures count towards objectives.

So, either the wording on the secondary objectives needs to be changed, or there is a bug around 'Summoning' - either way, not good.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've had this with Not Forgotten.

I cast the spell twice in one fight and it didn't register once.... icon_e_surprised.gif
  • TimWebko
    Options
    Read the other post on this issue...

tl;dr - You have to currently Cast creatures for them to count - from hand, with mans from matches
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Since the objective says you also need to win the game, has anyone noticed if this issue still occurs when you also win the game? Maybe for some reason the counter doesn't count those summons if you don't win?
  • TimWebko
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Since the objective says you also need to win the game, has anyone noticed if this issue still occurs when you also win the game? Maybe for some reason the counter doesn't count those summons if you don't win?

Yes, I won my games - you never get anything if you lose. I haven't lost a game, but have dropped 4 ribbons due to objective I thought had been met, not being met.

As stated above, this is new behaviour - I'm using the same decks as previously for Terrors, but the outcome is different for points awarded