Revolt against the Consulate 3.3 - Living Construct [Solved]

Options
Muche
Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
It seemed to me that when opponent's Living Construct was on the battlefield, the opponent did Fabricate 2 at the beginning of their turn, separate from the construct's "Overload 1: Fabricate 2"; before the AI paused to think what to match, they also had no gem conversion supports on the field.
When the construct was not on the battlefield or was disabled, no extra Fabricates were performed.

Thread moved from MtGPQ Events // Alve

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The text on the token states that on overload it gets larger and he fabricates, however the token is popping out servos on his upkeep before any matches are made, so without an overload.

Merged with another thread about the same issue // Alve
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah I noticed the fabricate happens at the same time as
    the 4/4 mythic guy that also draws a card performs his.
    (totals 3 fabricate and 1 card draw at the beginning of turn)

HH
  • Shadoze
    Shadoze Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I captured this card with my jace 2 using exert influence and it did the same for me. It would fabricate 2 before I would even take a turn, no need to overload. Something is broken for sure.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can confirm this is happening. I was wondering where all the servos were coming from, I though maybe it was Tezzeret's passive ability, but then again, there are no passive abilities in this game.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yup, same here. Kinda wish Devs would pay attention (or their QA, if any) when they playtest the games... Or.. do they play test? I'm not sure atm.

But of course it's too late, now, so who cares, right? That's the impression I've been getting, lately with regards to event issues. "Oops, sorry.." that's it. icon_e_confused.gif
  • wereotter
    Options
    Bump.

Still bugged this event run. Please fix!!
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    This remains to be an issue and with the bug in the first node this time I'm really starting to think one of the following is true.

A) The devs do not care about the bugs/issues.

B) They are purposefully making challenges more difficult than they should be.

C) They are more concerned with the flashy new features than they are with the broken bits and pieces.

Whichever of these is true something needs to be done. If the devs do not care about the issues in game than they shouldn't be a part of it. Now, if someone is purposefully making challenges more difficult that's just sadistic and immoral. Tezzeret in RAtC is hard enough without a "bug" making it worse. If C is true all I can say to the devs is

"You can dress up a turd but it'll still be a turd."

Stop with new thing x, y, z and fix old **** a, b, c. If there are all these bugs and I've noticed a lot of bugs recently. Fix the bugs before unveiling random newness. I've looked over the update information and it's almost exclusively about the new but the old is pretty busted.
  • hawkyh1
    Options
    I see the bug as more of a descriptions typo causing
    a mismatch in how the creatures actually behaves.
    there is no set way that the construct must behave?

HH
  • wereotter
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    I see the bug as more of a descriptions typo causing
    a mismatch in how the creatures actually behaves.
    there is no set way that the construct must behave?

HH

Either way it's an error. How it behaves now it should read "At the beginning of your turn, Fabricate 2. Overload 1: this creature gets +X/+X" (I forget how much of a buff it gets)

However that's not what it says. It currently says it only fabricates when Tezzeret overloads, meaning it shouldn't happen at the beginning of his turn. Though with how much he energizes the field it may not make a difference.
  • hawkyh1
    Options
    if players are willing to accept it then a typo is a lot
    easier to fix.

HH
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. I took a look into this, and from what I found it looks like it is only an error with the text, and that Living Construct correctly fabricates at the beginning of the turn. The correct text is currently being processed by the Localization team before it can be implemented in-game.
  • wereotter
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. I took a look into this, and from what I found it looks like it is only an error with the text, and that Living Construct correctly fabricates at the beginning of the turn. The correct text is currently being processed by the Localization team before it can be implemented in-game.

Thanks for the update! Honestly I didn't care either way how it went as long as the description and the behavior matched. I'll admit to being very thrown off my first matches against it and seeing it act differently than described on the text.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Could I possibly ask why this took so long when it was reported back during the FIRST run of this event back in February? Don't get me wrong I appreciate you finally being able to look at this and get it fixed, but...