Baral, Chief of Complicance issues

Options
reidsatt73
reidsatt73 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
Baral, Chief of Compliance
I would like to know if this ridiculous card was even tested before being sold to play. It is broken beyond belief and needs to have the nerf bat swung hard at it. It is being exploited to the extreme. People using decks full of low casting cost spells, Nimblis of Frost, and Harness the Storm. I have watched decks keep drawing cards and casting them for 5 minutes straight. Please do something about this card. Once again it is effecting the landscape of the game. One card should never have this effect

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has been discussed ad nauseam, and zero response from the devs. I think the vast majority of us agree with you.
  • ElectroBlast
    ElectroBlast Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Hey all,

We're aware of this issue. Thanks for bringing it up. We've received reports of it generating loops in combination with other cards.

Any additional information you can provide (i.e. other cards you've seen it interact incorrectly with) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not "interacting incorrectly," it's interacting exactly as designed. The design is the problem.
  • ElectroBlast
    ElectroBlast Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    It's not "interacting incorrectly," it's interacting exactly as designed. The design is the problem.

Thanks for clarifying.
  • PastrySpider
    PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    To be clear, I am not sure there are actual infinite loops but there are very very long loops and if something like thopters are getting deployed with each spell, they can take ages.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To be clear, I am not sure there are actual infinite loops but there are very very long loops and if something like thopters are getting deployed with each spell, they can take ages.

let's not confuse the issue. any game that does
    not fit in with how people expect it to play on
    their phones are competing directly with those
    games that do fit in nicely with the way people
    do things. the trend for ever longer turns is not
    a healthy one. and if people can't play a game
    in a reasonable amount of time...

HH
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    actually not to stir the pot too much more i find he is not filling spells all the time ending chains prematurely, i am not sure if it is artifcating from my phone because i havent reset my phone before starting a match i know will be baral filled on not.
  • phillm
    phillm Posts: 1
    Options
    Agreed when the developers are changing cards because of the loops created why then sell this card which does exactly that. Seen it with seasons past and low value spells together with undergrowth champion and ulvenwald champion and mana generators and it's loop goes on and on and on growing those cards to extreme levels before it runs out. 5 minutes it took and the desire to quit kicked in after about 30 seconds.

BUT it's a card which so far people have paid for so what can they do. Can hardly nerf it without giving refund.
  • morgue427
    Options
    the problem seems to be coming from the mythic harness the storm, if you put that out after you have baral you start getting spells that dont charge like they should. I know this is a controversial card but it should at least work as it is supposed to, however they decide that should be.
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    the problem seems to be coming from the mythic harness the storm, if you put that out after you have baral you start getting spells that dont charge like they should. I know this is a controversial card but it should at least work as it is supposed to, however they decide that should be.
    Baral only gives mana to cards that are drawn, not to spells that are returned to your hand by other means such as fetch and HtS. You will notice that every other spell gets mana, because you cast a spell, you draw a card and if it is a spell, it gets mana. You have harness return spell to hand and it does not. Cast next spell and repeat.
  • morgue427
    Options
    ok makes sense hadnt considered that, but seems like the best reason for it happening. with harness the storm out it still causes matches on its own so end result is lot of times it fills them out so 6 of 1 1/2 dozen of the other. thanks for explaining that
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We've received reports of it generating loops in combination with other cards.

You guys crack me up icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif