Just wondering

Options
RellySantana
RellySantana Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in Roster and Level Help
How far along am I in 3* land?

So far:

All my 2* champed and all maxed except Hawkeye, Moonstone, and Ms. Marvel. 2* i dont have are Bullseye, Daken, Bagman, and Human Torch.

3* wise I have Rocket & Groot, Iron Man, Daredevil, Human Torch, Steve Rogers, Thor, Vision, Wolverine, Blade, Sam Wilson, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Doctor Doom, Gamora, and Magneto all champed.

Loki and Hood are at 13 covers but not leveled.

I have Black Panther and Bullseye at 12 covers. Luke Cage, Cyclops, Colossus, and SW are at 11. Storm, Captain Marvel, and Quicksilver are at 10. Everyone else is 9 covers and below. Missing Mystique, Ragnarok, Sentry, Pyslocke, Punisher, Doc Oct, and Beast. Don't really plan on rostering any of them except maybe Mystique and Doc Oct.

4* wise my highest covered are Hulkbuster and Sam Wilson at 8 covers, Punisher at 7, and Cyclops, Kingpin, Deadpool, Prof. X, and Ghost Rider at 6.

5* wise I have Iron Man, Spider-Man and Thanos at 1 cover.

Here's a link to my roster (updated today): https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/RellySantana/

What exactly should I focus on now?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Continue champing 3s.

None of your 4s is anywhere near a useable cover distribution.

And roster every 2, champ them, then maxchamp, sell off and start again. Those rewards add up.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finish off your 3s (roster those you are missing too). Raise your strongest 4s once over 10 covers.

Personally, I wouldn't go all in on a 2 farm until after you finish off your 3s. A rotating 2 star farm is a huge iso sink despite the rewards. It's better at the 4 star transition, but still a lot of 2 steps foward, 1 step back.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't think that 7.5K Iso-8 are a huge iso sink.

Especially not for 250 HP, 5 Heroic Tokens, 3 3*-covers and 5 CP.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teskal wrote:

I'd rather have the iso.

HP doesn't hold the value it once did outside of PVP shields, which I don't do. 5 heroics? That probably equates to 5 two-stars, given the **** odds on heroics. 3 three-star covers? I get a pretty steady stream of those, and I'm trying to get four-star covers. 5CP? Eh. I've got far better ways of earning a lot more than that on a daily basis.

But the iso... with 39 four-stars left to champ I'm starving for iso. I need 14.5 million!!! I'm not going to get there any quicker throwing iso at a farm that nets me champ prizes I can obtain elsewhere. But iso... that's the rarest stuff there is when compared to needs.

I'm probably one of the few here that doesn't run a farm. I like having all my max-champed two-stars on roster. When buffed they're level 212, which puts them at a higher level than my highest three-star. I can use that in pve and often do.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Teskal wrote:

I'd rather have the iso.

HP doesn't hold the value it once did outside of PVP shields, which I don't do. 5 heroics? That probably equates to 5 two-stars, given the **** odds on heroics. 3 three-star covers? I get a pretty steady stream of those, and I'm trying to get four-star covers. 5CP? Eh. I've got far better ways of earning a lot more than that on a daily basis.

But the iso... with 39 four-stars left to champ I'm starving for iso. I need 14.5 million!!! I'm not going to get there any quicker throwing iso at a farm that nets me champ prizes I can obtain elsewhere. But iso... that's the rarest stuff there is when compared to needs.

I'm probably one of the few here that doesn't run a farm. I like having all my max-champed two-stars on roster. When buffed they're level 212, which puts them at a higher level than my highest three-star. I can use that in pve and often do.

You are trying to jump the queue (seems like you don't have 3* championed). Fine. Your choice. The rewards you get from farming 2* are awesome. Let's say you get the short end of the stick - 5 2* from heroics to fuel the farm (value of 1250 iso), 3 3* that should add championing levels (one of them might add 1000 iso but let's say all added 500 - 1500 iso if you have the championed or you sell the covers). This is already 2750 iso. 5 cp being a quater of a classic pull (so value of around 20k iso per 4* with a chance of a 5*). Anybody should be willing to take that. On top you get plenty of HERO points for slots and.... xp to get 30k+ iso every now and then. And this is when the heroics give only 2* and 3* are sold.

The farm helps a lot in all aspects. But if you prefer to keep the iso (on average a bit more than a daily dose of it for semi active player) feel free to do it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Teskal wrote:

It's still 64,000 iso you've just attained from selling your previous 2 star too (if you haven't already spent that to champ 3 or 4). You can call it a wash in some respects, but that and 8 K mounts up when you're trying to champ characters and maintain a farm.

Don't get me wrong, I think the rewards are good and are beneficial, but the farm IMO is more a tool much more suited to the 4 star transitioning roster than the 3 star tranistioning roster.

A farm isn't all the sun and roses everyone makes it out to be. In fact, it's more of a bandaid that is covering up the fact that the game needs a better reward system that doesn't involve people bending the system to get them.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Magic wrote:
    You are trying to jump the queue (seems like you don't have 3* championed). Fine. Your choice.
    Actually, I have every single three-star championed, my first 3 four-star champions, and many other fours well-covered. I have every single character except black suit spidey and silver surfer, with 19 open roster slots. I'm sitting on a pool of 7K HP, 150 CP, and I get a dozen or more three-star characters a week to help me with champ rewards. What I don't have is iso and I value it above all other resources. That perspective has served me well so far and I don't want to invest the time, effort, or iso into running a farm.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Teskal wrote:

I'd rather have the iso.

250HP is 1/4 a roster slot. Those tokens and covers also net XP and more iso in champion rewards (3* give a least 500 iso and can go as high as 1500, those 5 heroic is at least another 5 champion levels of 250-500 iso). The 7.5k iso sink is more likely half that if not less (if you factor in the quicker shield rank that gives out nice iso lump sums). You also dont need to sell the maxed 2* immediately. Wait until you stockpile a bunch of covers. By the time the first one is about to expire, you would normally have over a handful to rebuild and replace to a usable state anyway.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    250HP is 1/4 a roster slot. Those tokens and covers also net XP and more iso in champion rewards (3* give a least 500 iso and can go as high as 1500, those 5 heroic is at least another 5 champion levels of 250-500 iso). The 7.5k iso sink is more likely half that if not less (if you factor in the quicker shield rank that gives out nice iso lump sums). You also dont need to sell the maxed 2* immediately. Wait until you stockpile a bunch of covers. By the time the first one is about to expire, you would normally have over a handful to rebuild and replace to a usable state anyway.
    You make some strong points, especially about the SHIELD ranking. But I also like having all the two-stars max-champed on my roster (except Bagman, who is only lv 96 and isn't worth farming anyway). They still help me when buffed and they make the 2-star required node in PVE easier. I guess the farming rewards just aren't worth it to me against that comfort blanket. Also, all that ISO is tied up in the farming process, when it could be giving me immediate returns.

I'm not against farming, I simply wanted to state the reasoning from the perspective of someone who doesn't do it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    You make some strong points, especially about the SHIELD ranking. But I also like having all the two-stars max-champed on my roster (except Bagman, who is only lv 96 and isn't worth farming anyway). They still help me when buffed and they make the 2-star required node in PVE easier. I guess the farming rewards just aren't worth it to me against that comfort blanket. Also, all that ISO is tied up in the farming process, when it could be giving me immediate returns.

I'm not against farming, I simply wanted to state the reasoning from the perspective of someone who doesn't do it.
    Are you really getting that much ISO by not farming though? As mentioned, most ISO you need to max the two-star you get from Selling the full covered version, and the champion rewards are ISO neutral - you get as much ISO back as you put in, not more, not less (the covers and tokens are not included in this calculation - they are an added bonus).
    Since you get XP for each applied cover (both to the two-star and the associated Three-star) I suspect the farming process is now actually slightly ISO positive. While it is a large upfront investment, you already have fully leveled two-stars and plenty of extra roster spots, so it shouldn't cost you anything to keep a dupe available that you champ, then when that one is maxchamped (and you have two maxed champions) you can sell the other one off.
    If you feel you have far too much HP you can Always buy some cover packs and get even more champion levels for all your characters. Or just sell the covers for ISO.
    Obviously it's your call, but there's a reason so many people like farming. It's not really that difficult and it yields pretty neat results. The best thing for me personally is that no cover (besides onestars) goes to waste. All covers are Worth more thanks to the farm.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I started farming before I even knew about the forums, hence before I even knew it was a thing. The reason I did? I hate to waste covers! Simple as that. I was not sure whether it was to my best interest or not but, I saw that I was getting A LOT of 2* covers so I figured, why not? I saw the hp and iso revenue from selling and said, well, of course!

So my farm started. Have not regretted it since!