Can DA-Daken tank for MN-Mags on purple tile matches?

Options
alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I just started using the Spreadsheet posted over in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7725

One thing I noticed is both Mags and Daken are 49 dmg for purple, but I have _never_ seen Daken take them off the bat. No matter which order I place them in the team.

Given the exact same damage for a specific tile color:

Does team order matter for who takes the tile? Left to right or visa-versa?
Does "active" abilities trump "passive" for taking tile colors? Which would explain why Daken sits idle in the back!

Comments

• Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alaeth wrote:
    No matter which order I place them in the team.

This isn't true, since it's based on position.

On pure ties, it goes center, left, then right.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ha, ha... that's the _one_ combination I didn't try. Center takes priority... gotcha, thanks!

So passive vs active has no effect? Just position (all other things being equal)?
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alaeth wrote:
    So passive vs active has no effect? Just position (all other things being equal)?
    Correct! icon_e_smile.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Each value has an invisible decimal point, so in some cases where one character should tank for another in a specific lineup order, they might not.
  • Each value has an invisible decimal point, so in some cases where one character should tank for another in a specific lineup order, they might not.
    wow thats nasty. why would you do that? why remove from the player the option to choose who tanks in ties?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Each value has an invisible decimal point, so in some cases where one character should tank for another in a specific lineup order, they might not.
    wow thats nasty. why would you do that? why remove from the player the option to choose who tanks in ties?

I can't give an official answer to that, because I don't really know the answer, but if I had to guess, I would say it's add a artificial lack of predictability. There's a fair few people that think being able to say /x/, /y/, and /z/ are the best and 'they always interact /in this way/' ruins a game's fun factor and turns it into a quasi-competitive slog. From what I've seen, a lot of the developers are not the hpyer-competitive, high-octane Call of Duty kid type, so it might just be an act of anti-competitiveness and a little bump to randomness.

That being said, I'm sure a lot of this information as been figured out by forumites. Asking around should give a fair bit of information.
  • Some of it is a carry over from when you required 25 covers to max a character.
    That's why the damage of some abilities will change mid-level if you're pumping iso into them manually.

If you level all your 2*'s to max, the tanking should be consistent.