[Tool] Party Planner

Options
Unknown
edited July 2015 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey folks. I've been really interested in the guides I've been seeing around building Rainbow teams. I.e. this list of Rainbow Teams with 3 Passives and these Rainbow Synergy combinations. However as a new 3* transitioning player I don't always have the recommended characters needed to make the suggested teams.

In between Shield Hopping this weekend I decided to build a tool to help users pick efficient teams starting by picking a character (say, the featured PVP character) and then narrowing down the remaining characters based on what active color abilities they bring to the table. It's obviously not a complete picture of what goes into building a strong team, but I thought it might be a fun way to explore team combinations.

Here's the site. Please let me know if you find it useful. If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, please post them in replies here, or on the github project's issue tracker.

Known Issues
  • Not all abilities have descriptions. I just got really bored when entering them manually and I just gave up at one point.

Please give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Link isn't working icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry- I edited the post and somehow messed up the link. It should be working now.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very nice! Bookmarked! Too bad you can't add a weekly buffed list for prioritization. But this is going to help in PVP icon_e_smile.gif

Thank you!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nicely done! I've been thinking about how to make something like this for a while but don't have the time/experience to get it done.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Very nice! Bookmarked! Too bad you can't add a weekly buffed list for prioritization. But this is going to help in PVP icon_e_smile.gif

Thank you!

Yeah I would love to have stuff like that but I can't think of a clever way to get this list dynamically that I won't have to push an update every single time it changes... If anyone has ideas or knows of a way to source this list every week let me know!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Very nice job I think it will be useful. Thanks for it bendyr!
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Nice done, seems solid and useful.

I could imagine that you spend alot of time, work and creativity to create this, respect for that!

#Update#

Did take a deeper look and change my mind from solid and useful to amazing! I really like the blue highlighted possible characters to complete the rainbow, thats pretty cool, but heres a question:

Is it possible to work with abilities I really use with a certain hero/villian?

For example, 3* Thor is by far best build 3/5/5, so his red will not be used (does any one?), only yellow and green, now I am searching for purple, black, blue and red user. Could be look like;

I mark Thor and afterwards I choose the colors I use for him (yellow and green) and the rest is done as it already is by your tool with the exceptionn now are also red user included in the highlighted possibilities.

One way or another its a really awesome thing you did there!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks Ryu-

That's a really interesting suggestion- I was trying to keep the tool simple so I didn't want to get into popular builds and stuff like that but it still would be good for my tool to be able to actually suggest which abilities should be used and which should be ignored- much like your guide!

I'll try to think of a way to incorporate that kind of knowledge into my tool- if you can think of an elegant way I'd definitely appreciate suggestions.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    bendyr wrote:
    That's a really interesting suggestion- I was trying to keep the tool simple so I didn't want to get into popular builds and stuff like that but it still would be good for my tool to be able to actually suggest which abilities should be used and which should be ignored- much like your guide!

I'll try to think of a way to incorporate that kind of knowledge into my tool- if you can think of an elegant way I'd definitely appreciate suggestions.

Wouldn't take my/your/whoever best builds into planning, instead let everyone place there own favorite use of colors, if this is even possible.

For example, 3* Storm can be build as a more damage dealer with 3/5/5 and do nice extra damage with yellow but since 3* Magneto's red is way more effective then her yellow, I go with 5/3/5 and take them into combination and would never use her yellow. Both ways of her are okay.

So the idea is, the player choose by himself the priorized colors (or the other way around dismarks what wont be used) by his style of playing and get the suggestions by your tool individualized back.

Your tool is already great, so if time is left at the end of the day, you may think about it.