Favourite Teams

Options
TimGunn
TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
This guide is for a listing of your favorite teams to use. Which characters have you found work well together and have synergy? Post and I will aggregate in the top post.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngFour Star
icon_deadpool.png Deadpool - icon_kingpin.png Kingpin - [???]
Someone said the Deadpool 4 star pink would work with Kingpin's black. [IDK, suggestions welcome]

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngFour Star and Three Star Mix
icon_professorx.png Professor X - icon_blackwidow.png GSBW - icon_scarletwitch.png Scarlet Witch
Team WINFINITY! This team depends a long on pink availability. Use GSBW to make as many match-5s as you can for Prof X. Scarlet Witch's blue passive will also cause match-5s. If the game goes south, use Professor X pink and you might be able to stay alive long enough to pull out the victory.
Counter: Jean Grey, skip or pray. Kill Scarlet Witch first. Maybe Loki to steal AP after a match 4+.

icon_ironman.png Hulkbuster - icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist - icon_hood.png Hood
Team road to red. Basically Iron Fist's pink leads to black and Hulkbuster's blue and black lead to red. And Hulkbuster's red leads to death. Also the strike tile from Hulkbuster boosts the attack tile from Iron Fist. And The Hood steals AP and speeds all of this up.
Alternative: Will probably work fairly well as Hulkbuster, Iron Fist and anyone else.
Counter: I guess Iceman is the counter for this. Hard to decide whether to kill Hood or Iron Fist first. Need to deny red, black and pink (and blue as well). Bring Luke Cage to ameliorate the attack tile and use yellow to one punch Iron Fist out of there. Good candidate for bringing AP boosts if you have them (although Hood will start stealing them right off the bat).

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngThree Star
icon_wolverine.png Patch - icon_loki.png Loki - icon_daken.png Daken
Team true-heal. Use Patch's green and then Loki's black. Patch and Daken's heal abilities allow you to use this set-up for multiple matches without depleting your health pack store too quickly (you can heal them by playing an easy match in prologue).
Alternative 1: Switch Daken for any blue user, ideally one who can tank pink or black for Loki.
Alternative 2: Switch Loki for Daredevil. Works better with 5 Daredevil pink which is isn't my favorite build.
Counter: Bring your own Loki or other special tile destroyer! Kill Loki first.

icon_kamalakhan.png KK - icon_thor.png Thor - icon_psylocke.png Psylocke
Psylocke's quick powers will keep you healed via KK passive. KK pink and Thor yellow will get you to the big KK green or Thor green damage. On defense, it will be hard for opponent to kill both KK and Thor before one of them gets a chance to get the big green off. Drawback is that the board shake from KK pink or Thor red or yellow can cause you to lose the Psylocke special tiles.
Counter: Kill KK first. Board shake or Falcon can help with the special tiles. Deny green (and yellow and pink).

icon_thor.png Thor - icon_daken.png Daken - icon_hulk.png Hulk
All three characters feed green. Matching green gives you strike tiles and eventually Thor's nuke. The trick is to make Hulk's anger trigger which (i) creates more green and (ii) damages the enemy (small damage but the green strike tiles are added).
Alternative: KK and Black Widow can also generate green.
Counter: Take out Thor first. Don't let anger trigger (bring a stun for Hulk). Someone with protect to protect against the strike tiles. Deny yellow and green.

icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage - icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist - icon_falcon.png Falcon
Team maxed special tile. Essentially the goal is to have the special tiles from Luke Cage and Iron Fist fall in a hard to be matched location. Then make as many yellow matches as possible so the special tile's strength is increased via Falcon yellow. Which will eventually give you enough yellow for Luke Cage's uppercut.
Alternative: Swap Blade in for Luke Cage. Avoid red and concentrate on pink. This can work especially well against goons when the board is more stable (and Falcon gets rid of their countdown tiles).
Counter: Take out Iron Fist ASAP and deny yellow. The AI can't really do Luke Cage's black very well, but be careful. A board shake can be helpful.

icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage - icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist - icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers
Again, Iron First pink feeds Luke Cage black. Have protect strike and attack tiles. Fill out the roster with Steve Roger's awesome blue and red.
Alternative 1: Swap in another good blue and red user for Steve Rogers such as Magneto or Daredevil (Thoress as well).
Alternative 2: Swap in Daken for Steve Rogers. Daken doesn't have red, but you aren't going to want to match red after you get a **** load of strike tiles on red!
Alternative 3: Swap in a good black user for Luke Cage, such as Cyclops, Black Panther or Mystique. Note Storm's black and Doctor Doom's black conflict with Iron Fist (his attack tile will not regenerate if there is another attack tile on the board).
Counter: Take out Iron First first. Deny yellow and red. Protect tile and board shake.

icon_cyclops.png Cyclops - - icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist - icon_scarletwitch.png Scarlet Witch
Banking on Pink and Black. Pretty similar to the above except you are just relying on Scarlet Witch to feed pink. And Iron Fist to use pink to feed black. And Cyclops black to pwn. No use for blue though.
Counter: Not sure whether to go after Iron Fist or Scarlet Witch first. To deal with Scarlet Witch's countdown tile, (i) try to match it right before it goes off, (ii) if you can't match, try to keep it away from any pink tiles and (iii) try to keep it on the sides or top/bottom of the board so fewer tiles may get matched [not sure if last one is right]. A good one for the power of prayer.

icon_blade.png Blade - icon_daken.png Daken - icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel
Team strike tile. Concentrate on getting enough pink for Blade. Before using Blade's pink, (i) make sure there are enough strike tiles (4-6) either by matching green (Daken's passive) and/or ignoring red (Blade's passive) and (ii) make sure the pink attack tile won't be immediately matched. Captain Marvel's passive will allow for red generation so you can avoid matching red to allow Blade's passive to work.
Alternative 1: Switch Cyclops for Captain Marvel. His yellow will generate more red for strike tiles.
Counter: Kill Blade first. You're going to want to deny red to keep the strike tiles down, so bring a good red user, and someone with stun to avoid Captain Marvel's passive (sounds like Steve Rogers, who can also overwrite the special tiles). Falcon or Loki could also help.

icon_cyclops.png Cyclops - icon_scarletwitch.png Scarlet Witch - icon_rocket.png Grocket
Not sure this has too much synergy per se. But Cyclops and Scarlet Witch are rainbow and both have awesome powers. Grocket has an awesome blue outlet (for the increased blue matches caused by Scarlet Witch's passive). There is no power competition when the AI is in charge except for the two green powers (which isn't a big deal). If you slightly under-level Scarlet Witch, Grocket will tank three colors which is okay because of his high HP and true-heal.
[note, this is the author's favorite combo which I use in PVP simulator!]
Alternative 1: Swap out Grocket for any good blue user, such as Steve Rogers or Magneto or Spider-Man.
Alternative 2: Swap out Cyclops for another yellow, black and red user such as Luke Cage or Captain Marvel.
Counter: There are no counters for this set-up. If you see this team in the PVP simulator, please skip! icon_e_biggrin.gif

icon_ironman.png IM40 - icon_captainamerica.png Steve Rogers - icon_bullseye.png Bullseye
Team fuel. Use IM40 yellow to fuel Cap's awesome blue and red powers. Use Bullseye's green to help manage the board and protect Cap's countdown and protect tiles. Bullseye tanks three colors which can make him more likely to be deal the death blow and trigger his black passive.
Alternative 1: Blade can be switched for Bullseye and maintain rainbow, although I don't really see the synergy.
Alternative 2: Switch Magneto for Steve Rogers
Alternative 3: Switch Hood for IM40. Hood will also generate AP for you.
Counter: Don't bring any special tile generators (so Bullseye can't use pink). Target Steve Rogers first. Deny yellow.

icon_bullseye.png Bullseye - icon_psylocke.png Psylocke - icon_beast.png Beast
Team attack and strike. The attack and strike tiles feed off each other. Bullseye will tank pink and black making his black passive more likely to trigger. Bullseye and Beast green are equivalent damage, so if you slightly underlevel Beast, Bullseye will also tank green always. Bullseye black can result in a blue strike tile which is helpful for Beast green.
Alternative: Switch out beast for Falcon or Grocket.
Counter: Someone to get rid of the special tiles (such as Falcon, Bullseye or Loki) or a board shaker.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngThree Star and Two Star Mix
icon_hood.png Hood - icon_storm.png Storm - icon_magneto.png Magneto
Use Magneto's pink to feed Storm's blue. Hood's passive will also feed blue, pink, black and red. Use Magneto's red and then Hood's black to make the countdown tile go off immediately. Danger is the low HP for Hood and Storm.
Counter: Deny blue. Take out Hood first.

icon_mystique.png Mystique - icon_cyclops.png Cyclops - icon_magneto.png Magneto (two star)
Team loop. Use Magneto pink to feed Mystique blue. Use Mystique blue to feed Magneto pink (a LOOP). Mystique also feeds Cyclops black and Cyclops yellow feeds Cyclops red. Keep feeding the beast and you'll get a good power off eventually!
Counter: I'd probably take out Cyclops first as he has the scariest powers.

icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage - icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist - icon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye
Iron Fist feeds Luke Cage black and gives a good chance of triggering Hawkeye's speed shot.

star.pngstar.pngTwo Star
icon_hawkeye.png Hawkeye - icon_storm.png Storm - icon_magneto.png Magneto
Team blue generator. Use Magneto's pink to make a 5-match and trigger Hawkeye's speed shot and fuel Storm's wind-storm. Drawback is no black coverage.
Alternative 1: Switch Moonstone for Hawkeye to get black coverage and a quicker red power.
Counter: Take down Storm asap. Deny blue. Be careful of her yellow power (make sure big damage will kill her and not almost kill her).

icon_blackwidow.png OBW - icon_daken.png Daken - icon_thor.png Thor
Team ultimate two-star. OBW make's good use of Daken's strike tiles. Thor comes in to destroy the other team. This team up can work well on the final DDQ wave fight (big enchilada, although a lot of people are posting alternatives that can also work!).
Alternative 1: Switch Thor for Wolverine (more strike tiles).
Alternative 2: Switch Thor for Ares (OBW blue can ameliorate Ares yellow self harm).
Counter: Kill OBW before she can steal AP or heal herself. Then defeat Thor.

Comments

• TimGunn
    Options
    oh, i see there is already another guide on this topic, although it doesn't seem to be maintained.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17105
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Your layout is much better than in the previous post. Also, that info may be a little dusty at this point!

My go-to team at the moment is Iron Fist-Black Panther-Magneto (Classic). I am squarely in 3* land, working my way towards the next level transition (have 6-7 4*'s, best covered is 0/2/5 Kingpin).

The constant damage from IF's passive is great, and his purpleflag.png feeds into BP's blackflag.png . Sometimes the timing of Rage of the Panther is not good, in which case, I really focus on IF's purpleflag.png and go for the jugular. IF's greenflag.png and BP's yellowflag.png drop strike tiles to increase all damage. Depending on the matchup, I may use Magneto's yellowflag.png instead to eliminate the match tile damage with defense tiles. Finally Magneto has killer redflag.png and blueflag.png powers, both of which can do great damage and have board shake potential, that I fire whenever possible.

Tile priority is purpletile.png , blacktile.png , bluetile.png , redtile.png , yellowtile.png , greentile.png , tutile.png

Captain America (Steve Rogers) can be a substitute for Magneto in this team, as he has strong redflag.png and blueflag.png . I have also used Human Torch, though that leaves me pretty weak in the blueflag.png department, as BP has a very weak power for that color.

I have never wiped with this team, though I have lost a player or two in some of the really challenging PVE nodes. PVP has been real solid with the winning percentage as well.
  • For quick easy and trivial nodes on pvE I like to use icon_ironfist.pngicon_vision.png and one of icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_daken.png or icon_lukecage.png (most of those are strike tile generators). Put icon_vision.png in the middle and use his blueflag.png to quickly walk over the enemies with icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png attack tile.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I enjoy doing...

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_thor.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png

Doctor Octopus handles special tiles nicely, provides a good board shake, and when you mix two strike tile generations along with two attack tile generations, things get crazy pretty quickly.
    The green matches for Daken's stuff (and by extention, Doc's matching) fuel Thor's big beefy hit, and with Thunder Strike generating 9 random ones on top of it, you soon get good damage over time, good natural match damage, and a huge hitting AoE to boot.

icon_hulk.pngicon_daken.pngicon_thor.png

Team Green Machine. Hulk provides a big body for tanking, and Daken's pheromones keep the big green giant rocking on. Makes your anger procs really begin to hurt a bit more, still doing minor damage to your team (Daken doesn't mind much), but slamming the opponent for rapidly climbing damage. After just 3 matches of Green, every time you get a little angry as Hulk you chew up your opponents for 450 damage (not much, sure) and pump more green power onto the board, which in turn makes for an even bigger blast from Thor's Call the Storm. If you happen to clean up nicely and gather a bit of red, Hulk's smash will pump out absurd single-target damage, while Daken provides more general damage through his blue, which of course happens to make more green.

The one weakness to this build is that Daken will slowly snuff out in matches, provided they aren't over in a relatively quick fashion. Still, stuffing him into a prologue mission will eventually get him back to full.

Pretty much those are the only 2 I can really do because transition is a thing, but I finally maxed my first 3* so hopefully more team combos will come one day.
  • icon_storm.pngstar.pngstar.png Storm2, icon_magneto.pngstar.pngstar.png Magneto2, icon_hood.png Hood

This is my favorite big enchilada team. I find Hood to be the best partner for the old famous Stormneto duo. He makes active rainbow with them. And he becomes quite effective already with 1/3/1 build. At 3 blue covers he doesn't steal yellow and black AP which are lowest priority for this combo. His black enables to process Magneto's red in the same turn which is a serious advantage. His yellow lets you clear the tiles otherwise unreachable, just remember that it ends turn so do it only when everybody is stunned. And of course the usual Stormneto stuff - purple to blue/red generation, blue stun+aoe, red and green AP generation.
    So it is quite a synergistic team. It has a high chance for winfinite loop that gives you a chance against almost any opponent if you manage to keep them alive long enough to start your stun/AP generation train. Especially useful against folks you want to get stunned when making high damage (i.e. carnage, deadpool4). For toughest nodes you can boost blue/purple to speed up things.
  • icon_mystique.png Mystique, icon_magneto.pngstar.pngstar.png Magneto2, icon_cyclops.png Cyclops

Winfinite team. It's not a sure shot by any means and prepare for long slow match. But it has a chance against overpowered opponents. I used it successfully for the last two toughest nodes in this Gauntlet when everything else failed.
  • icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage, icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist + icon_magneto.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Magneto3 or icon_captainamerica.png Steeve Rogers or icon_daredevil.png Daredevil or icon_daken.png Daken

Luke Cage and Iron Fist are made for each other purple that generates black to enable high damage purple and black can be used as finisher. Pretty much any good red/blue user can compliment them like cMag or Steeve. I also like to use them with Daken. That lacks active red but strike tiles are a good compensation for that.

icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage, icon_ironfist.png Iron Fist, icon_hawkeye.pngstar.pngstar.png Hawkeye2

This is my recent discovery - quite a curious team. It's a full rainbow with 3 passives. mHawkeye's red and blue are quite mediocre but it has high chance of triggering speed shots. PVE folks who keep their 3* purposely under-leveled might find this team effective.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    wow. lots of favorites here.

star.pngstar.png teams:
    favorite overall = star.pngstar.png team = icon_ares.png ares/ icon_blackwidow.png obw/ either icon_daken.png daken or icon_storm.png storm or icon_humantorch.png torch
    big enchilada team = icon_magneto.png mnmags/ icon_storm.png storm/ icon_thor.png thor

pve goon teams:
    icon_captainamerica.png 3*cap/ icon_magneto.png 2*mags/third - many options for third here including icon_cyclops.png Cyclops, icon_falcon.png falcon, icon_scarletwitch.png witch
    icon_blackwidow.png 3*gsbw/ icon_scarletwitch.png witch/ icon_falcon.png falcon - this is a fun team to me and feels more puzzlish than many brute force type teams

star.pngstar.pngstar.png teams: - so many to choose from
    icon_ironfist.png fist/ icon_lukecage.png cage/ icon_magneto.png mags - i think this is the best *** team out there annoying to fight and strong
    icon_ironfist.png fist/ icon_cyclops.png Cyclops/ icon_hood.png hood - can also use icon_daken.png daken as third to tank black/blue
    icon_ironfist.png fist/ icon_blackpanther.png panther/ icon_magneto.png mags - can use any good red user here as third - icon_humantorch.png torch, icon_captainamerica.png cap
    icon_thor.png thor/ icon_magneto.png mags/ icon_loki.png loki - good old fashioned fun
    icon_thor.png thor/ icon_doctordoom.png doom/ icon_hood.png hood - rainbow plus hood
    icon_hulk.png hulk/ icon_wolverine.png patch/ icon_loki.png loki - only recently got my hulk up to 4 black so this is somewhat usable now for me in character pve nodes
    icon_blackwidow.png gsbw/ icon_blackpanther.png panther/ icon_hood.png hood - any rainbow with hood works or you could force feed gsbw purple with icon_scarletwitch.png witch
    icon_captainamerica.png cap/ icon_blade.png blade/ icon_falcon.png falcon - my *** big enchilada team since i graduated icon_e_smile.gif
    icon_daredevil.png daredevil/ icon_cyclops.png Cyclops/third can be fun

i think i covered many of the really good teams. main top tier one I'm missing in this list is icon_kamalakhan.png KK and i only recently got her to 13 covers and still only 3 green so haven't played with her much - probably something like

icon_kamalakhan.png KK/ icon_blackpanther.png panther/ icon_hood.png hood - could use witch instead of hood to feed kk purple
    edit: I think icon_kamalakhan.png KK/ icon_hood.png hood with icon_psylocke.png psylocke might keep your team healed better than icon_blackpanther.png panther?

i love them all and i think that's why i enjoy playing different ones in pve. if i don't have to grind anything i can generally do a pve clear with no health packs using many different combos. that is what is fun to me.
  • icon_deadpool.png 4 star.png + icon_kingpin.png

Have DPs purple maxed... that combined with kingpins black is simply disgusting. Definitely my best combo.... now if I can only somehow draw more kingpin covers. .
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moose touched on this one already, but at 3 star.png level my favorite by far is

icon_cyclops.pngicon_ironfist.png + a blue user, usually icon_magneto.png or icon_daken.png

Fists purple fuels cyc's black, cyc's yellow feeds his own red. If you stumble into green and blue you have outlets for that too. CMagneto has a better blue, but Daken's strikes on top of Fists attack tile are nice too.

What I usually try to do is get purple first, fire it off and then collect black and purple. Ideally you'll get enough black for cyc and enough purple for at least one punch from fist before you burn off the black.
  • Great thread guys! Gives me some new ideas to try.
    BTW the way I have a little suggestion. If it's not too much trouble when you share a combo could you also share a couple words what it is good for or whether it's good against some particular enemies. It helps a lot when you are facing a tough node and looking for some team that has a fighting chance.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shurak wrote:
    Great thread guys! Gives me some new ideas to try.
    BTW the way I have a little suggestion. If it's not too much trouble when you share a combo could you also share a couple words what it is good for or whether it's good against some particular enemies. It helps a lot when you are facing a tough node and looking for some team that has a fighting chance.
    some general thoughts there -

any team that has blade or patch usually gets my loki, sometimes with fist to make sure I mitigate the strikes before it gets out of hand, so something like fist/Cyclops/loki. you give up blue but if the board fills up with strikes (especially patch's), its hard to stay alive long, but once you flip them with loki, you have lots of breathing room to build up and win.

any hood team gets my hood as a mirror. hate pve nodes with hood that lock out the mirror. especially with yellow feeders. those get boost all damage and either a strong team up or a decent passive (fist).

I've found that if I can arrange a good boosted rainbow pair (i.e. gsbw/panther or lthor/doom) or almost rainbow pair (fist/Cyclops, fist/panther, thor/blade, or even thor/loki), throwing hood in as a third can help take on over-scaled nodes and higher level opponents. if you can prevent/delay overscaled abilities, you can usually pull through the match unless they have an overscaled passive as well (blade/fist)
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good idea for a thread. I have a few favorites, but my very favorite is the one I use in survival nodes:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hood.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_magneto.png
    Team Strike Tile. Collect purpleflag.png and greenflag.png and kill enemies with Bullseye. Once you have one set of strike tiles out, enemies will start crumbling. Hood steals AP for Magneto who does ridiculous damage with blueflag.png once those strike tiles are out. He also generates cascades, which leads to more death. Very, very fun team.
  • TimGunn
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions everyone! i kind of forgot about this thread because no one was commenting at first, but I've now updated the first post with the various suggestions. I also added a suggested way to counter each team.

As always your suggestions are welcome. Especially on four stars (as I don't really play in 4 star land yet).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_scarletwitch.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_ironfist.png

This team has been just murder! I have gotten quite a few defensive wins with it.
  • TimGunn
    Options
    updated for today
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    updated for today
    Just to note, a counter against Prof X - GSBW - SW is to focus down Prof X first, whose health total even at maxxed level only equals out to some 9700(or something in that area). If you burst him down quickly, you can watch the AI fumble with the last 2. A good character to use against them is also Falcon (3*) since Redwing will disarm the SW blueflag.png and give you time to work, since Redwing comes back in 3 turns and will usually if not always disarm every single Arcane before it fires off. I also use Doctor Octopus since if you manage to match away the arcane in the 3 turns its up he generates some strike tiles to wear down the professor quickly.

Another good option is to use someone like Thor, KK (or yes, Jean Grey) since even if Prof X manages to get into a blind spot you'll have the AoE to deal with it.

Another-nother good option is to use characters which clog the board. Falcon, Storm, Daken, Doctor Octopus, Magneto all work well by binding the possible tiles that Arcane can convert, since it'll only change basic tiles. This is especially true if you are using a character like Falcon (who powers up tiles) or Mr. Fantastic (who heals when opponents match away his tiles) since both of them benefit from having the board full of threats.

Board Shakes and more specifically board swaps are very useful as well. Loki comes to mind with an inexpensive chance to swap away the Arcane (which is what the team relies on), but even Quicksilver has a relatively cheap ability in idle hands that can deactivate the blue practically when you wish. Loki doubles as a benefit thanks to his green draining any momentum away from the opponent. Captain America can clutch in a stopper by throwing a blue inbetween the arcane and another, Magneto can swap some red and blues and perhaps give you a means to get rid of it, and so on.

The team has the strength of huge momentum once it gets rolling, however as I said in the beginning if you remove Professor X you simply have one high tier character and one mid-low tier character, neither of which are particularly tanky or fast. Likewise if you have options against the Arcane, you rob the team of most of its momentum right from the beginning. The characters who do so are not uncommon either, as pretty much every team either runs a bursty comp that can break the low-hp Prof X before he has a chance to really shine, or focuses on board control that allows the player to keep them from getting anything rolling, at which point even mid-speed teams can run shop over the professor and his co-horts.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm loving all these suggestions thank you!!

Based on who i have available, I use:

Cap, GSBW, Hood
    Doom, Thor, Loki
    Cage, Rocket, DP
    Hulk, Blade, Mags

I think Cyke, KK, and Groot would rock but mine arent ready yet.
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I have a bunch of teams I love using. They're really fun, but some of them are weak on defense (but who isn't in this game nowadays?)

Cage - Grocket - Deadpool

Cage has passive red. Deadpool has active red. Grocket has passive yellow. Cage has active yellow. Deadpool has passive black. Cage has active black. No one fights over colors. Get Grocket's blue in combo with any active move and it's curtains. You feed Cage's yellow and heal Grocket at the same time. You might not even need to heal if you keep Cage's protect tile on the board.

Iron Fist - Cage - Scarlet Witch

Gather all the purple you can. Make all the blacks you can. Gather more purple. Cage's protect tile makes it easy. Once you're loaded up on blacks and purple....punch the **** out of everyone with IF's purple and Cage's black.

Cyclops - Daredevil - Hood

Grab all the red and blue you can actively. Let Hood gather most of the rest. Drop traps with Daredevil and stun the strongest opponent with Billy Club. Use Cyke yellow to create more reds. Match the trap tiles yourself and keep making more reds. Matching traps still gives you red AP. You ever made a match-3 with all trap tiles? Fun as heck.

Don't bother with using this squad if you're fighting Daken or Blade.

Thor - Blade - Daken

Grab greens. Make strike tiles. Don't break red tiles. Let Blade make more tiles. Let Daken tank black and purple. Make Blade unload with his purple and black actives. 1K plus match damage AND two super strong attack tiles if you protect the board - not to mention a buffed Call the Storm when you want to drop everyone.

Patch - Loki - Cage

Self explanatory. Protect tile helps Loki quite a bit. Berserker Rage into Trickery means they can't touch YOU while you destroy THEM. Patch passive Yellow means all the AP for a buffed Righteous Uppercut.

My favorite team ever is:

Boosted Squirrel Girl - Boosted Psylocke - Hood

Psylocke and Squirrel Girl are almost always boosted together. Let Hood do his thing. Unload everything you can with Psylocke while you build up Squirrel Girl's attacks. Wait for your enemies to drop a few special tiles and use Nuts from Above to OBLITERATE them. Throw out Squirrel's green to keep the board unsteady and if you have Psylocke's strike tiles on the board watch it hit for major damage when it counts down. They don't fight over colors and you can choose between Hood's yellow and Squirrel's yellow depending on the situation. Both are strong and both end the turn. Psylocke's blue is not a **** as everyone thinks it is.

Still figuring out how to fit Bullseye, but I love him. His black is vicious at 5 cards.
  • 3-star team: icon_thor.png LThor icon_blackwidow.png GSBW icon_blackpanther.png BP

I don't see this team mentioned very often - these were three of my first 4 and I still use this team on the Big Enchilada every day - Thor's Red does decent damage and helps build Yellow. Thor's Yellow and GSBW's Pink feed green to Thor's Call The Storm or GSBW's Sniper Rifle. If these colors aren't available, then Black feeds Rage of the Panther - all three have AoE attacks that do a good amount of damage. Blue is useful as it can generate some defensive tiles. I used this group exclusively at first for PvP and the Deadpool dailies.

With this group on the Big Enchilada, I just need to manage the CPU's countdown tiles on waves 1 and 3 while building green and black. Waves 2 and 4 very rarely get any attacks as I use 2 greens and a black to down all three before they get a turn. I can walk through it with no damage if I can manage the countdown tiles.

Still my go to team - although now I have more 3 *** maxed. Other teams I like

icon_wolverine.png Patch icon_daken.png LDaken icon_loki.png Loki
    icon_cyclops.png Cyclops icon_scarletwitch.png SW icon_magneto.png Classic Mags