What is Winfinite

geoffubazi2
geoffubazi2 Posts: 49
edited September 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I have seen multiple combos called winfinite - When looking...

Is it Mags / Mystique

Or is it PX / SW / GSBW?

Mod Edit: Moving to Tips and Guides on 01/04

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2015
    Old Winfinite was Marvel Now!Magneto and Mystique, because Polarity Shift used to let you place 5 blue tiles instead of 3, making it easy to generate blue AP for Mysqique's Infiltration, which also used to turn more Red, Green, and Yellow tiles into Black and Purple ones, making it easier to get another Polarity Shift going. Both abilities have since been nerfed, though, so they're not run much anymore.

Current Winfinite is Scarlet Witch, Grey Suit Black Widow, and Professor X. It's important that Professor X is a low enough level that GSBW's purple is the strongest color on the team. The goal for this team is to get purple fast, which Scarlet Witch helps with her Arcane Incarnation. When it goes off, it makes purple, and if you're lucky, it'll make a Match 5. A Match 5'll activate PX's Master Plan, doing good damage and also generating 4 MORE purple AP.

So when you got enough purple AP for Deceptive Tactics, you can use the 6 (!) green tiles Black Widow can place, and usually set up two separate Match 5s, activating Master Plan twice, and generating 8 purple AP. And since Black Widow needs 11 AP for Deceptive Tactics, well. It's pretty likely she'll be able to do it again soon, nigh infinitely. Hence, Winfinite.
  • Exactly how I have been using it. I was secretly hoping there was another great combination I was missing... But I have been using it correctly apparently....
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Master plan only (haha..."only") makes 4 purple mana, not 5, but otherwise spot on.
  • Spot on. A couple tips to keep the combo going.....

Try not to overwrite purple tiles when you are placing green ones, you want cascades that generate purple.
    Don't always look for an instant match-5, sometimes setting up a match-5 will work even better (and allows you to spread damage around.....)
    Spread your damage around, and use GSBW's sniper rifle to finish off foes under 4k.
    When you use sniper rifle, try to place it carefully - either set up purple matches with it, other match-5s if possible, or use it to eliminate as many TU/special tiles as possible.
    Use GSBW's red to get rid of those pesky special tiles that can't be converted with her purple, bonus points if you can set up purple matches or cascades with it.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    AFAIK winfinite means that you can win an arbitrary fight without giving the opponent a turn. In other words, once you get the engine rolling, it doesn't matter whether you face 30 395 Juggernauts in a row - you will still win.

If this is the correct interpretation, then Thor (2* or 3*), 2*Storm, 2*Mags also counts as it can lock down the enemy and feed itself perpetually through Mags generating red for Thor to generate yellow for Thor to generate Green for Storm to generate everything. Oh, and Mags' Purple can also be used to generate other colours by building four-in-a-rows of blue and hitting needed colours white the row-clears. It just takes a bit longer to get going since you need 24+ Green to get the engine to start. But once it gets going, you can win anything that you can stun.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    AFAIK winfinite means that you can win an arbitrary fight without giving the opponent a turn. In other words, once you get the engine rolling, it doesn't matter whether you face 30 395 Juggernauts in a row - you will still win.

If this is the correct interpretation, then Thor (2* or 3*), 2*Storm, 2*Mags also counts as it can lock down the enemy and feed itself perpetually through Mags generating red for Thor to generate yellow for Thor to generate Green for Storm to generate everything. Oh, and Mags' Purple can also be used to generate other colours by building four-in-a-rows of blue and hitting needed colours white the row-clears. It just takes a bit longer to get going since you need 24+ Green to get the engine to start. But once it gets going, you can win anything that you can stun.

Substitute Thor for The Hood and that is another team that can take down much bigger teams. Once you have enough red and black AP use Magnetos red followed by Hoods Intimidation to fire it instantly. Hopefully this will generate enough of the other colours to help keep it going, namely purple, green and blue. If you have all three opponents stunned chances are you will have enough yellow for Twin Pistols. Not the monster move it used to be but can still cause a lot of damage, clear special tiles or create good cascades. It really is my go to Shield Sim team for slow climbs but lack of health will lead to retaliations.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    It's important that Professor X is a low enough level that GSBW's purple is the strongest color on the team.

My Professor X is level 215, because I'm scared that adding another level will tip his blue from 78 to 79.1 or some other hidden fraction that will overtake Widow and Witch's purple 79, no matter where I place him in the team line-up. Does anyone know what the actual level limit is?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    It's important that Professor X is a low enough level that GSBW's purple is the strongest color on the team.

My Professor X is level 215, because I'm scared that adding another level will tip his blue from 78 to 79.1 or some other hidden fraction that will overtake Widow and Witch's purple 79, no matter where I place him in the team line-up. Does anyone know what the actual level limit is?
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    https://youtu.be/bHaqkY72vgI

That is winfinite
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

Or is it PX / SW / GSBW?

If you have that combo PVE goes from moderately difficult to a joke.

You might think to yourself "That is crazy." Yes, yes it is. Perhaps one day it will be fixed, don't count on it though. If you play PVE your goal should be to get this combo asap.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    You'll also see the PX/SW/GSBW called Charlie's Angels. It really is a good team to climb in PVP or do just about anything in PVE. It's not as scary on defense as the computer doesn't play GSBW's purple power well and will often match SW's blue CD tile since blue is the second most powerful color on the board (usually).
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    You'll also see the PX/SW/GSBW called Charlie's Angels. It really is a good team to climb in PVP or do just about anything in PVE. It's not as scary on defense as the computer doesn't play GSBW's purple power well and will often match SW's blue CD tile since blue is the second most powerful color on the board (usually).

True dat. I used it to climb to 2000 in Simulator, called it a day, within 48 hours I was back below 1400.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    I just miss old cmags blue. Winfinite by himself and a crit boost for fun.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    colwag wrote:
    Old Winfinite was Marvel Now!Magneto and Mystique, because Polarity Shift used to let you place 5 blue tiles instead of 3, making it easy to generate blue AP for Mysqique's Infiltration, which also used to turn more Red, Green, and Yellow tiles into Black and Purple ones, making it easier to get another Polarity Shift going. Both abilities have since been nerfed, though, so they're not run much anymore.

Current Winfinite is Scarlet Witch, Grey Suit Black Widow, and Professor X. It's important that Professor X is a low enough level that GSBW's purple is the strongest color on the team. The goal for this team is to get purple fast, which Scarlet Witch helps with her Arcane Incarnation. When it goes off, it makes purple, and if you're lucky, it'll make a Match 5. A Match 5'll activate PX's Master Plan, doing good damage and also generating 4 MORE purple AP.

So when you got enough purple AP for Deceptive Tactics, you can use the 6 (!) green tiles Black Widow can place, and usually set up two separate Match 5s, activating Master Plan twice, and generating 8 purple AP. And since Black Widow needs 11 AP for Deceptive Tactics, well. It's pretty likely she'll be able to do it again soon, nigh infinitely. Hence, Winfinite.

Awesome. Thank you for this concise explanation of the strat. I have seen the trio of characters but didn't see how it would work clearly, this is great. Unfortunately for me... though my GSBW is fine (166-5/3/5) and my SW is decent (109-5/3/3, room to level a bit more even without all the covers)... my ProfX is 90-1/3/0... I believe that means I can't really make this work very well (Master Plan being a key part of this).

I do keep hoping for a LT that will give me another ProfX cover... today's from the Simulator PVE progression gave me my 12th Fury cover. Sigh.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Dauthi wrote:

Or is it PX / SW / GSBW?

If you have that combo PVE goes from moderately difficult to a joke.

You might think to yourself "That is crazy." Yes, yes it is. Perhaps one day it will be fixed, don't count on it though. If you play PVE your goal should be to get this combo asap.

They can fix the combo after they fix the scaling that results in people needing the combo.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    One other thing about soft capping prof X. You need to keep him low enough not to tank colors when he is boosted and Angels are not. Not sure about the level but i think around 150-170 is max you can do (anybody with exact info feel free to add it).
  • colwag wrote:

Sorry....why?

Stupid question maybe but not sure why.

Thanks
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    BlokeCDP wrote:
    colwag wrote:

Sorry....why?

Stupid question maybe but not sure why.

Thanks
    because Master Plan creates ap in the team's strongest color, which you want to be purple not blue
  • Duh. Sorry. I'm stupid. Thanks!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is actually a 3rd one, called Kings (cascade kings) Loki, XFW, CMags. Can take up to 3 or 4 turns to get going, but once it starts, you can level a full 395 enemy team in 1 turn once its ready.