Fun facts about MPQ‽‽‽

Options
turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
How many characters have been developed but has been subsequently shelved?
Answer: 6 characters have been developed but have been shelved for variety of reasons...though they may come back some day!

Since Christmas, which character has dealt the most damage?
Answer: Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) has dealt the most damage. So watch out!

Which were the first characters developed for Marvel Puzzle Quest?
Answer: Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) and Venom (Dark Avengers) were the first characters developed for the game.

Which color tile is the most matched tile color in Marvel Puzzle Quest?
Answer: Green is the most matched tile color and we imagine with St. Patrick's Day coming up, that fact may stay true a little bit longer.

Which character is the most used character in Marvel Puzzle Quest?
Answer: Thor (Marvel NOW!) is the most used character in the game.
Fun fact - MPQ newsletter has weekly fun facts!

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please post more I love this type of info!
  • Fun fact: There is apparently an MPQ newsletter. I have no idea how to get it, so I'm going to make up my own fun facts.
    Fun fact: D3 originally started looking for its community outreach manager in masochism support groups.
    Fun fact: MPQ was originally created as a psychological test, curiously enough, also for people in masochism support groups.
    Fun fact: Beast was designed pre-nerfed, and Iron Fist pre-buffed. Both characters will be fixed by switching their power sets.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Fun fact: There is apparently an MPQ newsletter. I have no idea how to get it, so I'm going to make up my own fun facts.
    Fun fact: D3 originally started looking for its community outreach manager in masochism support groups.
    Fun fact: MPQ was originally created as a psychological test, curiously enough, also for people in masochism support groups.
    Fun fact: Beast was designed pre-nerfed, and Iron Fist pre-buffed. Both characters will be fixed by switching their power sets.
    This ain't the troll bridge!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Fun fact: There is apparently an MPQ newsletter. I have no idea how to get it, so I'm going to make up my own fun facts.

I didn't know about it either, but I believe I found out how to subscribe. On Puzzle Quest's Facebook page, look for the "More" option on the right. There's a drop-down with an option for Join Email List.
  • turul
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I didn't know about it either, but I believe I found out how to subscribe. On Puzzle Quest's Facebook page, look for the "More" option on the right. There's a drop-down with an option for Join Email List.

Probably MPQ Sweepstakes gets u registered too. /also on facebook/
  • turul wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Probably MPQ Sweepstakes gets u registered too.

Nope.

Actually, it might, but I my facebook page is a fake, and I only use it for this game, and it's tied to an email account I never check.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Probably MPQ Sweepstakes gets u registered too. /also on facebook/

That's a no. I don't get these e-mails. Tempted to sign up for the inevitable lols though.

(Also, I use my real Facebook.)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Correct. Note that you don't need to use a FB account to sign up for the email list and you can sign up with any email. The Join Email List takes you to a form asking for your name and email to add to our list.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Correct. Note that you don't need to use a FB account to sign up for the email list and you can sign up with any email. The Join Email List takes you to a form asking for your name and email to add to our list.

tl;dr it's a public page that can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQu ... 3603381066
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Probably MPQ Sweepstakes gets u registered too.

Nope.

Actually, it might, but I my facebook page is a fake, and I only use it for this game, and it's tied to an email account I never check.

Fun Fact: Ben Grimm has actually won the Token Sweepstakes twice, but he never checks his e-mail, so it passed to the first runner-up.
  • Andy9009
    Andy9009 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you have sent in a ticket about any issues, you'll be prompted to sign up for the email.
  • turul wrote:

Since Christmas, which character has dealt the most damage?
    Answer: Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) has dealt the most damage. So watch out!

Overpowered. Should be nerfed immediately, the 1* players cannot get past the wolverine astonishing x-men wall they hit at 150 points.
  • ironfist newsletter.

fun fact: How many characters have been developed but has been subsequently shelved?
    Answer: 6 characters have been developed but have been shelved for variety of reasons...though they may come back some day!
  • ironfist newsletter.

fun fact: How many characters have been developed but has been subsequently shelved?

I know my question for the next Q&A...
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    ironfist newsletter.

I know my question for the next Q&A...

At a guess, judging by both some of the past responses and the current story, both Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn) and The Void were two that were developed but shelved for now. Taskmaster and Emma Frost from the Cabal would be other good calls (Namor I doubt has been developed despite his links to the Cabal). Then the last two I would shoot for The Thing and Mr. Fantastic, as I presume they will join the other two, but have yet to appear.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

tl;dr it's a public page that can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQu ... 3603381066

Link is dead for me.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Arondite wrote:

Link is dead for me.

Weird, I just tried it again and it worked fine for me (and my Facebook doesn't automatically login), but here's a ;ink MPQ FB Page. There's a section in the header that says "More" just hit that and select "Join E-Mail List". It'll open up this red box with three text fields.
  • turul
    Options
    Arondite wrote:

Link is dead for me.

Weird, I just tried it again and it worked fine for me (and my Facebook doesn't automatically login), but here's a ;ink MPQ FB Page. There's a section in the header that says "More" just hit that and select "Join E-Mail List". It'll open up this red box with three text fields.

May be only available on desktop
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doc L wrote:
    At a guess, judging by both some of the past responses and the current story, both Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn) and The Void were two that were developed but shelved for now. Taskmaster and Emma Frost from the Cabal would be other good calls (Namor I doubt has been developed despite his links to the Cabal). Then the last two I would shoot for The Thing and Mr. Fantastic, as I presume they will join the other two, but have yet to appear.

Idle speculation... If Iron Patriot was one of the chars that was pulled, I wonder if it was at Marvel's behest because they didn't want casual fans being "confused" by a bad, Norman Osborne Iron Patriot when they are used to the good James Rhodes Iron Patriot from Iron Man 2 and 3....

(I may be overthinking this.)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Idle speculation... If Iron Patriot was one of the chars that was pulled, I wonder if it was at Marvel's behest because they didn't want casual fans being "confused" by a bad, Norman Osborne Iron Patriot when they are used to the good James Rhodes Iron Patriot from Iron Man 2 and 3....

(I may be overthinking this.)
    Not at all saying that IP was pulled, but his existence due to being in Dark Reign is kind of an open secret so I don't feel weird about answering this. Marvel's only comment in that direction was to make sure that we had at least one pose showing Osborn's face so that people didn't get confused.