Friendly challenge between gamers: Build yourself a Bag-Man!

Options
Carnage_78
Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Over the last few days, I twice pulled a star.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png which I was about to discard for Iso-8 until I realised just how rare this character actually is in the game now that you can’t pull it from tokens but only through fight rewards (it actually also got replaced in the story mission rewards).

It then gave me an idea...

“How long would it take me to build one from scratch given the rarity of the covers?” I then figured “Well, there is only one way to know!” so I decided to recruit the character as a side project for the fun of it.

Bag-Man%2520%2528Recruit%2529.png

Going further, I was thinking that maybe other players out there would like to do something similar as a side quest kind of thing so I am challenging the community to a friendly competition of “Who can be the luckiest & build a Bag-Man the fastest?”

What is awesome about this is that no matter your roster, odds are actually fair for everyone as tokens are not involved in the process...

There are neither prizes nor trophies to win other than getting us distracted by some light-hearted project (ideal side project for cover hoarders like myself icon_e_wink.gif ) & the bragging rights of getting there before anyone else so the self-honesty of the honour system is the only guiding rule here. So, if you are keen, post your interest in the friendly competition along with your progress starting fresh...

This thing might snowball into something in the community or be totally ignored & fall into oblivion...but why not try this thing? I am giving it a shot! icon_mrgreen.gif

Good luck to everyone! icon_cool.gif

EDIT: I only meant to collect the covers...no need to invest iso8.png into the character... icon_e_wink.gif

*** For transparency's sake, please recruit the character in your roster to accumulate covers (no way to know that you got them if you sell them off) & also state your alliance so that anyone can see that you've acquired what you claimed.

Comments

• Carnage_78
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Champion! icon_mrgreen.gif

Misstique
    3 purpleflag.png 5 blueflag.png 5 yellowflag.png

Runner-Up

jackstar0
    5 purpleflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 yellowflag.png

Third

Carnage_78
    3 purpleflag.png 5 blueflag.png 5 yellowflag.png

Foot of the Podium

Spectator
    5 purpleflag.png 5 blueflag.png 3 yellowflag.png

Well done to everyone who mastered the challenge by fully building a Bag-Man!

Thank you all for playing & making this a fun community competition!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Done! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Too bad you said he had to be made from scratch. icon_cry.gif
    I would win as long as we all ingnore the fact my Bagman was fully covered at lvl 90. I just took him up to 94. Got a fully covered, maxed Bagman in less than a minute.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    Mine is 4/4/5 and took me about 200 days. I only had another cover once since I completed it (closing on 260 days).
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    beat you danger!

As you know I already had a maxed one!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    beat you!

As you know I already had a maxed one!

Yeah, I know icon_cry.gif . icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Rub it in a little, why don't ya? icon_lol.gif

The really sad part, I not only have a Bagman, but I actually use him sometimes icon_eek.gif . Not just in DDQ either. I like to use him in trivial and easy nodes. After all, you gotta admit, he handles count down tiles quite well. Not as well as other characters, but still.
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    In the past it might've been easier to collect covers for Bag-Man as the character was in tokens & also a reward for completing story missions which is why I wanted to exclude already built ones from this try out to see with the current rarity how long it would take to get one max covered.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As much as I'm a bagman fan, I'm not sure I can justify 1,200 HP (slot) & 70k ish iso for a second one!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a bagman that I started after I finished rostering everyone else. It took me 3 seasons of pvp and lightning rounds to finish him. Now he is my precious and I am never letting him go. icon_lol.gif
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about building a bullseye and Ragnarok as well? They're both pretty rare.
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    How about building a bullseye and Ragnarok as well?
    I get Bullseye in tokens all the time since that one is a star.pngstar.png & Ragnarok is a star.pngstar.pngstar.png so the character is supposed to be harder to accumulate covers for... icon_cool.gif

The thing with star.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png is that there is an artificial rarity to the character simply because of the fact that it is not in tokens even though it is a star.pngstar.png character that is supposed to be only uncommon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Now that tanking is no longer a thing, what does one do with a fully-covered, lvl 15 Bagman who used to be so good for saying "hey big guy, hit me for some easy points and I promise not to retaliate!"? I don't want to sell him but compared to the price of a new roster slot, he's not looking like much these days...
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Great... Now I got "Do You Wanna Build a Bagman?" stuck in my head. Thanks a lot!
  • Staals
    Staals Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The complete uselessness of Bagman has always appealed to me. It doesn't surprise me that not many people use him, but it does surprise me that he doesn't play a bigger role in the community. In my book having a fully levelled Bagman is street cred +1.

I've only just pulled a Snarky Remark, 12 more covers to go.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Staals wrote:
    The complete uselessness of Bagman has always appealed to me. It doesn't surprise me that not many people use him, but it does surprise me that he doesn't play a bigger role in the community. In my book having a fully levelled Bagman is street cred +1.

I've only just pulled a Snarky Remark, 12 more covers to go.

He's qutie useful against goons.....when he's on the other team icon_e_wink.gif

I caved in and finally sold my bagman about 2 weeks ago (I think it was for quicksilver...). As much as I'd like bragging rights, I'm not going to pay 900hp for it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in, just pulled 2 snarky's from PVP.. i have discarded about 20 or more of his covers in the past, never recruited him, nor moonstone or bullseye.. but i can see how him being a collectible is a nifty thing.

Hey, collecting comics, novel idea!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh man...a thought just occurred to me. With the new trend of 2* essentials in PvE, are we actually going to NEED Bagman here soon?? I had a fully covered lvl 15 one that I sold when Quicksilver came out. If he's actually rare now, am I gonna be a sad panda here soon?
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got 3 bagman covers in the last 2 days. Lightning rounds are a veritable gold mine of high-quality 2* drops.

I'll be laughing when that bagssential bombshell drops.
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    AXP_isme wrote:
    I've got 3 bagman covers in the last 2 days.
    Which covers did you pull mate? With 3 you are taking the lead... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For April 1st next year they should re-run the Ultron event except instead of fighting Ultron you fight a super buffed bagman and all the prizes and tokens all give bagman covers.
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    I just pulled my second yellowflag.pngicon_mrgreen.gif

This one was out of a Lightning Round fight so I guess that those are a lucky place to accumulate them at the moment! icon_e_wink.gif