Worse comic covers than what they had for Daken?

Options
20three
20three Posts: 371
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Good grief, that cover was horrifically awful and it was one of the best updates they had when they changed it.

7b_219019_0_DarkWolverine76BPart2.jpg

But hypothetically speaking, what could have been some worse covers that they could have used for characters in the game?

Basically anything by Rob Liefeld is a given, but what else?

52b8b159ec49ad168d595baa9591bad7.jpg

kerrycallenheroesforhire-1291022482.jpg

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Worst thor cover

thor482.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    20three wrote:
    kerrycallenheroesforhire-1291022482.jpg

You do realize that's a fake cover, right?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    20three wrote:
    I liked his early stuff with X-Force, it was different at the time. Shortly after that I stopped reading comics, so I'm not too familiar with his career after that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not sure who this would be a worse cover for: Moonstone for the costume, or Hulk for being beaten up by Bagstone (Moonbag?)

300px-Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_228.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    20three wrote:
    I liked his early stuff with X-Force, it was different at the time. Shortly after that I stopped reading comics, so I'm not too familiar with his career after that.
    He's a bad artist. Seriously.

~~~~

I don't see what's wrong with these covers.

Thor has a 3 wolf moon thing going on,

there's some spideybutt for the ladies

Daken is feeling the purple, I mean, blood rain

PS: Eschergirls is gold for this type of thing
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    He's a bad artist. Seriously.
    He really isn't. Any criticism people have (draws things the same, weird proportions, inconsistency in details) is basically things people used to say about Jack Kirby. The popular opinion of Liefeld will be pretty different in 20 years when people who are ashamed of buying five or more poly-bagged copies of X-Force #1 no longer dominate the comics-Internet world.

~

I simply don't remember most bad covers, more of bad iterations... star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Capwolf anyone?
    10capwolf.jpg

I wouldn't use any cover with the character getting beaten up though.

4-2.jpg
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    .........the current Daken cover is literally one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Those wide underoos look like something one of my Kinder kids drew.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anatomy is for suckers!

CapAmerica1_medium.jpg
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MikeG72 wrote:
    Also, Jack Kirby absolutely destroys Liefeld in terms of art.. and this is coming from someone who isn't exactly a fan of Kirby's style. I grew up loving John Byrne's art.

John Byrne was awesome in his visuals and writing. Still a big fan of his stuff.

001-uncanny-x-men-141-john-byrne.jpg?w=500&h=775
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those wishing to continue to debate Rob Liefeld's place in the halls of comic book history, please do so here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30764

I am aware the OP kickstarted the discussion but in order to keep the spirit of the thread focused on bad comic book covers and less on Rob Liefeld, I decided it was best to split the thread. In other words, more bad covers please!
    icon_e_smile.gif

And for the record, i actually prefer the old Daken cover. To each his own i guess. ( ̄(エ) ̄)y-゚゚゚
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And for the record, i actually prefer the old Daken cover. To each his own i guess. ( ̄(エ) ̄)y-゚゚゚

Me too, if only because the new cover is even worse than the old one icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't have anything particular in mind, but I think the 90's Marvel comic covers are a truckload of ****. I hate all the art both inside & out from pretty much everything they did then. Here's a pretty good example:

55571-2045-77584-1-fantastic-four.jpg
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    250px-ArchiePunisher.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    MikeG72 wrote:
    Also, Jack Kirby absolutely destroys Liefeld in terms of art.. and this is coming from someone who isn't exactly a fan of Kirby's style. I grew up loving John Byrne's art.

John Byrne was awesome in his visuals and writing. Still a big fan of his stuff.

001-uncanny-x-men-141-john-byrne.jpg?w=500&h=775

I always loved that cover, it was so iconic. Truly one of the X-Men's most famous covers! Bryne and Claremont, oh that was a great run!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    Options
    6a00d8345158e369e20115708ce2cd970b-pi

I know there is a Liefeld moratorium in this thread... But why is there a random face on Cap's thigh?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lois_Lane_106.jpg at least DC Comics tried this before Rachel Dolezal was born.

Lois: for the next 24 hrs, I will identify as black!
  • Unknown
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:

I'm not even gonna say anything cuz the mods are watching...... icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I actually liked that Daken cover. He is pretty much bathed in blood and enjoying it, he released his rage and is now in a tranquil state, quite fitting for the son of Wolverine, very realistic drawing.

Now the current one is pretty terrible.

Also, why Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Vision have covers from the 60s but modern character models?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:

Still can't upvote you.

but youch, someone should tweet that cover and tag her