MPQ Community Video - New! 'Season XVI' June, 2015

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Big greetings everyone!

As you are probably aware, the Marvel Puzzle Quest Community Video for May ran late and slipped into June. To try and make things up a bit we've got a second June video available for you today. Think of it as a bonus vid or June 2.0.

Here's Will Jennings-Hess (Lead Designer) and Miles Benjamin (Designer) from Demiurge. Topics under discussion in the video include; Season XVI, S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator rewards, 4-Star reward adjustments, match damage adjustments, Versus Event characters and more. Please stay tuned to the end of the video for a sneak peek look at the new Vault store page which helps players pull the rewards they want!

Demiurge_Will_Miles_MPQ_June_2_Video.JPG

We hope you enjoy and we welcome your feedback!

You can access the new video RIGHT HERE.
For a transcript (Thanks Dearbluey!) you can check that out HERE

Thanks for watching!

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    For future videos I hope you guys will consider doing captions or providing transcripts for those of us who are hearing impaired.

On the Vault, I understood that it's replacing tacos, beginning Sunday. Did I hear correctly that it recycles every 5 days the way tacos currently do? If that's so, the 0/300 collected screen, is that an ongoing tally, or are there going to be 300 pullable items in the vault every 5 days? Because if that's the case, I feel like that could be a regression. That's a large enough pool of items that the daily increase in odds of pulling the "good stuff," be it 3* covers, 4* covers, HP prizes, whatever, is going to be negligible. Hopefully somebody with better ears than I have can clarify.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't wait for the Vault and the new shield sim!

Also, great job on adding top 100 for 4* releases!

Excited for next season!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Wow some great changes overall!

Changes
    -Revamped Shield Sim to include more 3*'s and ISO plus 4* at the end
    -Goon tile damage reduced (except on tile damage abilities)
    -PVP Loaner will have 1 of each cover
    (not sure if it's 1/1/1 or if each node has a different cover like we're recently seeing)

Increased ways to earn a 4*
    -2000 pts in Shield Sim
    -1300 pts in PVP (1000pts remains)
    -T100 for new release
    -Possibly from the new Vault

Vault Details
    -Released 6/28/15
    -New ways to use Tacos: Take item out of vault, can reset vault (1000HP)
    -300 rewards to collect
    -Rotates every 5-days
    -Health pack awards includes

Sounds interesting, can't wait for Sunday. I am glad the devs are starting to address some of our concerns. Thank you! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    For future videos I hope you guys will consider doing captions or providing transcripts for those of us who are hearing impaired.

On the Vault, I understood that it's replacing tacos, beginning Sunday. Did I hear correctly that it recycles every 5 days the way tacos currently do? If that's so, the 0/300 collected screen, is that an ongoing tally, or are there going to be 300 pullable items in the vault every 5 days? Because if that's the case, I feel like that could be a regression. That's a large enough pool of items that the daily increase in odds of pulling the "good stuff," be it 3* covers, 4* covers, HP prizes, whatever, is going to be negligible. Hopefully somebody with better ears than I have can clarify.

It seems like the odds are about the same except we can actually see what's left after each taco and we're not going to open the same Moonstone purpleflag.png 3 times in a row. It just looks like an interactive way to open your tokens. Hopefully the devs give us more details In the discussion.
  • Malcrof
    so, to launch all this new content, you are having an HP SALE RIGHT????? RIGHT????????????? /nudge /nudge
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

Based on what I "see" of the Vault - and what is logical - there is a group of rewards inside which are the featured DDQ Weekly characters - I guess these are the one rotating.

I would advise a free reset button on unused vault - since that way you can reshuffle if it only contains 4*'s you already completed / don't care of. (If this can be an issue)
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Would be nice to know what happens to existing saved Taco Tokens - whether those are usable in the vault or just frozen in place after June 28.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    THANK YOU for adding another 4* reward in PvP rather than just rescaling the progression targets again. I was very worried that this new 4* transition could go away after a season of high scoring, but simply adding a new target is way way better. The high achievers get something new to aim for and those of us who can't hit 1300 still get to progress.

No complaints after this video, at all. Well done!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The PvP reward changes are tremendous, especially Sim. Long overdue.

Vault works like what I expected it too, though the extra visualization is pretty cool.

50% increase on 4* in packs is nice too. That puts it around 3.5% in the regular Heroics, more in others.

All good stuff.

Edit: One more thought...can you guys PLEASE update your microphone(s)? Sounds like you're talking into a wind tunnel in every video.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    what was summarized in punisher's post is all very positive news for us. not sure all goon damage needs to be toned down, but the outliers could us a baby nerf (ninjas possible a moderate nerf). love the pvp changes. loaners getting all 3 abilities will make LRs and early climbs slightly more interesting, but will give lower/mid players a better taste of the character. more ****s always good. I dont' have to worry about 1300 yet, but leaving the 1000 there as a target for me is much appreciated. and much less grinding now for **** releases = win. depending on what the changes in sim actually are, I may make a point to play more of it.

in a 'wait and see mode' for the vault. sounds interesting, but I had a plan in place for my tacos and now hoping this doesn't walk over that or make that worse.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool changes overall. Looking forward to see how the vault works in practice.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    X1nodmk.jpg?1

Outdated cover! This video was shot in the past!
    The game is in fact a big sociology test!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Did you think they were shot in the future?
  • TxMoose
    turul wrote:
    X1nodmk.jpg?1

but what's in the hatch? they call it the vault, but its really the hatch icon_e_wink.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing I'm wondering: will stockpiled taco tokens work on the vault? Or will they become 'event completed' tokens that give out rewards tied to the last two normal blocks of DDQ rewards?
  • TxMoose
    Der_Lex wrote:
    One thing I'm wondering: will stockpiled taco tokens work on the vault? Or will they become 'event completed' tokens that give out rewards tied to the last two normal blocks of DDQ rewards?
    dunno, but I was wanting to target next week's group. torch cyc blade all could use some help. will be annoyed if the worsen that plan. overall might be better though - who knows.
  • There isn't anywhere near 100 characters currently. At 3 colors each, even adding in boosts, Points, Packs, etc, I can't see how the ACTUAL Vault is going to have 300 prizes....
  • Malcrof
    There isn't anywhere near 100 characters currently. At 3 colors each, even adding in boosts, Points, Packs, etc, I can't see how the ACTUAL Vault is going to have 300 prizes....

Moonstone counts for about 100 of them

/kidding
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* odds increased 50%....
    Great instead of .4% its now .6%
    Is that even noticeable?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    On balance these are positive updates - thanks.
    It still doesn't exonerate the devs from being so silent on many things recently, including all things Ultron.
    It would also be appropriate for them to answer some of the follow-up questions that others have asked on forum as was their practice in the past.