Ant-Man 30 Day Story Event Coming?!?

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is such good news, honestly.

I'm feeling severe standard PVE burnout, so something non-competitive with no community scaling is just...well, great work, guys.

10/10 (pre-emptive icon_razz.gif )
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    So we'll playing individual nodes over and over to get 4/4 rewards
    Correct. Well, assuming you want to. By no means a requirement.
    Yes and no, the problem is repeatedly getting 20 iso when at 1/4, 2/4, 3/4
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Scaling isn't finalized quite yet, so I can't answer whether we'll have it personally scaled or fixed. Simply don't have that concrete information.
    Deadpool Dailies will still run normally, this is just an Event that happens to have a 30 day timer on it instead of say, a 4 day Heroic.
    We'll also be running other PVEs alongside.

And just to be sure this is getting across, it's not an event that resets daily. I say it's like Deadpool Daily in terms of complexity because people were saying things earlier about is having multiple maps, possible new mechanics, etc etc. Think more of a small series of nodes you can farm all the rewards from over a month's time.

Sounds good, a season long background Gauntlet would be nice too. Gives you something to do when there's downtime between events.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what can you tell us about Antman, IceIX? I started a character page for him, but it likely needs tweaks.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    So what can you tell us about Antman, IceIX? I started a character page for him, but it likely needs tweaks.
    Ant Flight is missing the "AP" text after the icon
    Giant Slam's AP value should be before the icon
    Black has been buffed since you saw it last. To match the 7 star theme, Level 5 plays the music game 7 times. And we've changed the song to this to better match character theme.

Other than that, lookin' pretty good for pre-release info.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Ant Flight is missing the "AP" text after the icon
    Giant Slam's AP value should be before the icon
    Black has been buffed since you saw it last. To match the 7 star theme, Level 5 plays the music game 7 times. And we've changed the song to this to better match character theme.

Other than that, lookin' pretty good for pre-release info.

Good choice of music, but, he needs a bit of a buff. Can you have it play 10 times?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Big question is will this 30 day event be running along side regularly scheduled PVE's with other new characters being released Durring that time? I like the idea of gauntly stylish, events, daily, events, but a 30 day event, plus the season, plus PVE's that give out new characters might be a little too much of a good thing. Does everyone remember the 2nd Ultron hat ran alongside a new season, and a PVE releasing Hulkbuster? I want to be optimistic, but I am also kind of worried about how much burn out this will cause.

Yea I had to be that guy who brings it up.

i really dont see burn out happening. I would love to see more of these type event happen where you have to PICK what rewards you want to go after, you dont got to earn them all. this would allow more people to get more covers... Many will be buzzy with say ant man this will allow lesser player a chance to rank high in PVE and get covers the people in the ant man do not need.

I really dont see why people who have cover max go hard core on PVE, the one PVE we are in right im ranked 3rd with around 12k over 10th, Dont need the top 10 covers (got 5 of that color) So now i can coast in day 3 and give someone who needs that coer thecover
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Think more of a small series of nodes you can farm all the rewards from over a month's time.

For some reason I'm seeing an ant farm of nodes. icon_lol.gif
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Event looks different, and that's always something to welcome. I like events that are not too time-dependant (Gauntlet and Ultron are my favourite modes, by far), so I look very much forward to this one.

Great info influx also, good to see you around, IceX.

And last, I like pun filled threads; one gets tired of rANTing threads!!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man - I soooooo want this team-up combo! It would be a cool mechanic if you could stack team-up's so they create new abilities...

hawkeyeiconic3.jpg

You now owe me $4.77, for the shipping cost. Just bought that off Atomicavenue solely for the cover because you posted it, and i liked it.. so you take some of the blame.

Robin Hood and Roustabouts

My avengers collection has loads of holes, that is 1 less now. (my #1 would probably grade around 2.0, but hey, only paid $10 for it at a yard sale).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    My avengers collection has loads of holes, that is 1 less now. (my #1 would probably grade around 2.0, but hey, only paid $10 for it at a yard sale).

I've got a Showcase #22 like that (first appearance of Hal Jordan GL). I paid ten bucks for it at a comic book store twenty years ago because it's missing the center leaf of pages. I've debated having it graded, because I'm not sure how that affects the value. The cover's actually in quite good shape.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I've got a Showcase #22 like that (first appearance of Hal Jordan GL). I paid ten bucks for it at a comic book store twenty years ago because it's missing the center leaf of pages. I've debated having it graded, because I'm not sure how that affects the value. The cover's actually in quite good shape.

Not too sure about missing pages, my Avengers has a coupon cut out (among other things), and it helps that CBCS (comic grading company) is literally right down the road. Was told the only point in grading it right now would be for preservation, but a simple hard plastic case would do that as well, and not cost $150

Here is some help:
    To grade a comic, you need to take in to consideration a number of factors before being able to assess the correct grade. One of the most important factors is first to count the interior pages. An incomplete book missing pages will have significantly less value then a complete counterpart. There are also a wide variety of possible other defects to the interior of a comic book. These can include missing pieces of pages, clipped coupons, tears, tape, glue, loose centerfold pages, insect damage, among other defects. Also, very important is the quality of the paper commonly referred to as "page quality"

http://comicspriceguide.com/comic-book-grading
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So. MANY. Puns.

I'm so proud. icon_cry.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I try to do my part to keep this thread antertaining.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I've been HANKering for a new event. I'm glad it's 30 days. That's a LANG time to get the rewards. Hopefully it's easy enough that we'll get off SCOTT free with all the rewards.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    I've been HANKering for a new event. I'm glad it's 30 days. That's a LANG time to get the rewards. Hopefully it's easy enough that we'll get off SCOTT free with all the rewards.

Mounds of rewards! the Queen of all events!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

Mounds of rewards! the Queen of all events!
    They can easily turn it to a disappointment if they put 4* essentials locking out the prizes
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So... I guess everyone is becoming anty-social?

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm itching to get this started.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think everyone's just making a mountain out of an anthill with this event.