keeping ** characters post transition poll

Options
TxMoose
TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I recently finished daken and patch (patch needs respec) and I'm considering cutting lildaken and axwolvie loose. I only used them when buffed and for LR seed teams and now they get almost no use at all. I did use daken with ares and obw in some easier nodes and the ddq third time node, but I could use storm or thor or mags for that just as easily. I still currently have ares, obw, daken, hawk, mags, storm, thor, and wolvie and I'm starting to think its overkill. starting to wonder how necessary daken, wolvie, thor, and hawkeye are. of those 4 there is probably more of a reason to keep hawk than the other since the others have *** versions that are superior. I do want to make sure I have enough to do ddq and I know they can all be locked out of third time other than hawk and ares (I think - someone help me here). I already manage my waiting list to include torch, moon, marvel, etc. and could just add daken/axw to the list.

so for all those who find themselves past the transition (i.e. 4-6 maxed with 10-15+ fully covered at/above 140), who have you kept?

ps. first time for a poll. apologies if this doesn't happen right. any feedback is appreciated.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have them all since I like collecting everyone. But I'd certainly keep OBW, Storm, Magneto and Thor/Ares. Everyone else is a matter of preference.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares, 2xOBW, Storm, Wolvie. I very recently sold Daken.

OBW's the only one I use outside of DDQ.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have them all... 2* essentials~!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not only have I kept them all, but only Cap and Bagman aren't fully leveled. DDQ is my one spot in this game that still feels purely fun, and never devolves into a chore. I like messing around with silly 2* teams on the nodes in there, and with this recent bug of the game not auto-selecting essential characters, it lets me try some truly entertaining solo character challenges. Moonstone only vs the DDQ 2* Wave node? Yep, done that. OBW/Hawkeye team? Been there. FemDom Assault Squad? (Moonstone/Ms. Marvel/Storm) Oh yea, that one is actually pretty darn good! Dark Avengers on MY Side?? Lvl 94 Daken/Bullseye/Moonstone isn't nearly as good as the lvl 300+ versions, but they get the job done. I'm actually considering leveling up Bagman to see if I can take down the survival node (on a non-ninja day, obv) with just him.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Not only have I kept them all, but only Cap and Bagman aren't fully leveled. DDQ is my one spot in this game that still feels purely fun, and never devolves into a chore. I like messing around with silly 2* teams on the nodes in there, and with this recent bug of the game not auto-selecting essential characters, it lets me try some truly entertaining solo character challenges. Moonstone only vs the DDQ 2* Wave node? Yep, done that. OBW/Hawkeye team? Been there. FemDom Assault Squad? (Moonstone/Ms. Marvel/Storm) Oh yea, that one is actually pretty darn good! Dark Avengers on MY Side?? Lvl 94 Daken/Bullseye/Moonstone isn't nearly as good as the lvl 300+ versions, but they get the job done. I'm actually considering leveling up Bagman to see if I can take down the survival node (on a non-ninja day, obv) with just him.

Bags is more satisfying on Ninja days, switcheroo takes care of the attack tiles, snarky takes care of those pesky red cd's, it is doable.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why is black widow the only one abbreviated? She'll probably loose a few votes for her. Not everybody knows what an O.B.W. (original black widow) is.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have kept Captain America, Wolverine, Daken, Thor, Ares, Hawkeye, Original Black Widow, Storm, Magneto and Human Torch. The rest got sold off to make room for more 4* characters I will neither have the covers or ISO to actually use competitively.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i've only kept obw, ares, and storm. no need for 2* thor or daken as the 3* versions are just considerably better. recently sold 2* wolvie as well to make roster space.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    corrupti0N wrote:
    i've only kept obw, ares, and storm. no need for 2* thor or daken as the 3* versions are just considerably better. recently sold 2* wolvie as well to make roster space.

wolvie is way more likely to be an essential than Ares is.. keep 1 cover of him around just in case.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have quite a few left on my roster, but do have some cuts in mind if pressed for roster space. I still use the same line up in DDQ daily for my 1k ISO and Taco token:

OBW, Wolvie, and Thor for 1k
    Cap, Mags, and Hawkeye for Taco run

For a time, I was even using Cap, Mags, and Hawkeye for featured cover of the day! I've recently moved on to Blade (maxed), Psylocke (12 covers), and Hulk (11 covers). OBW is definitely my favorite though, I've even used her in the roster spot with two other 3*'s during PVE and PVP. I love the additional damage with her blackflag.png , and of course, her blueflag.png for increasing CD's and healing. She's the best version of BW they have, too bad she's 2*!
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Options
    Bishop wrote:
    Why is black widow the only one abbreviated? She'll probably loose a few votes for her. Not everybody knows what an O.B.W. (original black widow) is.

Perhaps it's because it's really long and/or several words.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    Shields, roster slots and PvE burnout have taken a toll. I currently have Ares and OBW fully covered/leveled, and a 0-1-1 Hawkeye who will turn into Jean Grey in about 10 hours.
  • Bishop
    edited July 2015
    Options
    KK Bundy wrote:
    Bishop wrote:

Perhaps it's because it's really long and/or several words.

Black widow is long? icon_lol.gif I don't think we need to know if we are talking about original or not this is about 2*'s. Captain America, Captain Marvel my fingers are tired.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mgallop wrote:
    Shields, roster slots and PvE burnout have taken a toll. I currently have Ares and OBW fully covered/leveled, and a 0-1-1 Hawkeye who will turn into Jean Grey in about 10 hours.

With most of my hp going to an attempt to be better at PvP this season, my fully covered but only level 15 Bagman will probably get sacrificed to free up a spot for Jean Grey.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you have any interest in playing PvE you need to keep them all. If you are switching to just playing PvP then that's a different story.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have all of them but it's not because I am a completionist or a collector, it's because you must have them for 2* essentials!

If there were no 2* essential I would definitely drop Captain America and Human Torch. I like everyone else for the most part. My fav 2*'s are OBW, Ares, Bullseye. I still like to run my old fav 2* combo of Daken and Wolverine for quick easy matches.

Umm.. you forgot Bagman on the poll. I'm sure that was an oversight.. maybe lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bishop wrote:

Because EVERYONE refers to Black Widow as OBW, GSBW, MBW. I rarely see anyone actually spelling out Black Widow. You have to be a complete Noob to the forum to not know what those abbreviations are. And don't call her loose!
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I kept all the 2*'s except bagman and all the 1*s except yelena, venom & storm.

the only 2* I have that isn't fully leveled is Ms Marvel, and the only 1* is juggs (I have two, I'll probably sell one. Can't be bothered to do off season BOPS anymore)

my ddq daily is typically 1*: MBW, IM, level 1 Juggs. 2*: Awolv/thor/obw

the first 3* node I always use DP to make sure I remember to get my daily dp points for the gauntlet.
  • Bishop
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bishop wrote:

Because EVERYONE refers to Black Widow as OBW, GSBW, MBW. I rarely see anyone actually spelling out Black Widow. You have to be a complete N00b to the forum to not know what those abbreviations are. And don't call her loose!

Down tiger! It's the "noobs" I was trying to help. We have so many threads that don't get search love. Abbreviating everything constantly so we have what does "x" mean threads. I'm not new to forums or this one,maybe as a guest that's about it. Note how many guest on on here thats usually the ones trying to learn something, about the game about the abbreviations they don't get right off the bat ect. Ect.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really surprised that so many have spent thousands of hp on keeping them all for pve. to me its worth managing my waiting list, keeping the characters I don't have (currently at 6) and keep one slot dedicated for a ** that I don't have. that uses 1 slot for those 6 characters. that saves so much hp and essentials don't scale hard and usually can be handled by a good boosted and a second 140+ character. I just figured everyone did that. I'm up to 65 slots with the next costing 850 and if I can hang on, I should be adding jean in the morning. this is interesting.