What the devs need to fix next, the pre-poll

Options
Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So MPQ has come around a big way since the beginning of 2015. Big issues have been fixed, PVP and PVE have been ironed out and improved, new features and game modes have been added, and in general the influx of resources has increased while the frequency of new characters has diminished a tad. The transition was a bit bitter to experience, but it was in the end, mostly good.

However, some old issues still remain, others where created by the new stuff added, and some minor issues that were disregarded only because there were worse issues requiring more urgent attention, have crept onto the spotlight. Let us find out which of them are the ones most widely considered urgent and necessary by the player-base with a poll, with the hopes of letting the devs know whether they're investing their efforts on the things that will cause more immediate and lasting satisfaction and good will.

This is a pre-poll because even though I try to keep my finger on the pulse of the forum and be aware of the most pressing issues as expressed by the players, I might be missing something or just forgetting it at the moment, so I'll post a draft of the options I'll add to the poll in the future and if I'm missing something please let me know in this thread. The suggestions with most upvotes will also be added to the poll. (As such, please refrain from upvoting a post in this thread for any other reason than you agreeing with the issue that the poster suggests.)

My list:

-Add 4*s to DDQ and make 4*s a bit more available in general.
-Increase the ISO flow for players transitioning from 3* to 4*s.
-Get rid of the 20 ISO reward chance before you obtain all rewards of a node and improve the amount afterwards.
-Improve the battle UI in mobile showing AP amounts at ALL times and pointing things such as "strongest colours".
-Diminish the amount of items in the DDQ vault and/or provide alternative ways of earning its tokens.
-Entirely end, or at least greatly diminish the amount of 7-day events.
-Add repeatable progression rewards past the last fixed one.
-Add alternative ways of obtaining roster slots.
-Improve characters and skills widely acknowledged to be subpar such IM40, Sentry, Ragnarok, etc.
-Create more storylines for PVE.
-Increase dev participation on the forums.

Ok, those are 11, so I'll be picking up 4 more. Alternatively, if you think one of my suggestions is irrelevant, say so and if you get upvoted enough, I'll remove it. I'll leave this open through the weekend and create the poll some time this upcoming Monday.

Comments

• Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with this. It's not even a question if they'll loose money or not thier will always be impatient and or wallets warriors in every game. And this is how game developers make money (which is fine). This wouldn't change that at all. They will still beat us thier, so that's not going to be a problem,so yeah why not? Not all FTPers (free to players) are cheap most of us probably have put some cash into it, they make money that way too. ISO,HP (hero points)ect.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have also noticed the IF and LC passives don't activate on the players first move but does on the computers.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    All I want right now is the Android app to stop crashing.
    About every 12th match, the app crashes as soon as I start. That completely ruins the game. If I want to use that same team, I am out 3 health packs and I'm recorded as a loss in PvP. I've dumped about $2000 in this game, and really can't imagine spending anymore unless it becomes stable again.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    About every 12th match, the app crashes as soon as I start. That completely ruins the game. If I want to use that same team, I am out 3 health packs and I'm recorded as a loss in PvP. I've dumped about $2000 in this game, and really can't imagine spending anymore unless it becomes stable again.

This is almost my exact same story.

To the OP, even though I had to unblock you to read this theead, I'm glad that I did. Almost all of your suggestions are stellar. Please make sure to let us select 3 - 5 (or whatever the limit is) of the options, on the actual poll.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    END competitive PVE

Address that all CD tiles are not created equal (in other thread)
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they should look into fixing more tiny, unimportant quirks - like Punisher's Judgement.

Also, we haven't had cover variants in a few months.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

This is almost my exact same story.

To the OP, even though I had to unblock you to read this theead, I'm glad that I did. Almost all of your suggestions are stellar. Please make sure to let us select 3 - 5 (or whatever the limit is) of the options, on the actual poll.

Yeah, I will allow 3 choices but no more to make sure that everybody carefully considers what is truly urgent and necessary.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    END competitive PVE

Address that all CD tiles are not created equal (in other thread)

Could you please edit this and make another post separating the suggestions, so I'll know exactly what is being upvoted?
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe mentioned but 3x48+24 for seven day events if they must persist in running them.

Not too late for Deadpool event!!
  • Pylgrim
    edited August 2015
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Maybe mentioned but 3x48+24 for seven day events if they must persist in running them.

Not too late for Deadpool event!!

Deadpool will very likely be, like all previous instances of the event, 2x 48h subs. Most PVE events that last for 7 days have 5-7 storied subs, meaning that making most of those subs 48h would only serve to make the event longer! The suggestion is good for future story events, though.

Also, one suggestion that I forgot when I wrote down the list: Allow player to de-level and de-cover characters!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's a crazy idea: Add more ways for us to spend money. I'm not even joking. Skins, an alliance base, alternate music/FX, whatever. Purely cosmetic or effective in-game is irrelevant.

Here's another suggestion: 14-day PvE events with 2.5 hour cooldowns. Because they're already trying to make people hate the **** out of PvE. May as well go all-in, guys!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would be nice if Doc Oct stunned after he did damage with his green.

Its not as fancy or big as your guys' wishes, but it matters to me icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously need an Iron Man upgrade. Like...yesturday.

Ragnarok is still kind of okay, he's usable if a little wonky. Sentry, again, is still kinda usable.
    Iron Man Model 40 has been a mess for as long as he's existed. If the ideal build for a character is to *not* have him fully covered then you've gone wrong somewhere.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My vote is more iso, out with the 20 iso, and add in somewhere for us to farm it. I need about 3 million...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New release 4*s expanded to T50 in PVP instead of T1 that it is now
    T1: Extra cover
    2-5: 3 covers
    6-20: 2 covers
    21-50: 1 cover
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Another one I forgot to add: the one-touch level up button!

Also a reminder that this thread is not to vote for stuff already mentioned by me, but to suggest real needs that I may have overlooked.
  • Mawtful
    Options
    Oh, something else I've been meaning to ask for a while: Can we change the forums back to the old theme permanently? This new one is not good.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Oh, something else I've been meaning to ask for a while: Can we change the forums back to the old theme permanently? This new one is not good.
    scroll to the bottom, click "Old Theme"
  • Reducing the number of passes to grind a PVE node to 1 point.

6 passes for 9 nodes is a joy killer. Let's reduce it to 5 or maybe even get back to 4 and the game will be less tedious.
  • Mawtful
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    scroll to the bottom, click "Old Theme"

Yeah, but every time I come back to the forums? And cross thread links don't save theme preference.

Come on, I am a lazy man; everyone else wants to be spoon fed covers and rewards in game, all I'm asking for is to save a few clicks each time I visit the site.