4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Options
SnagglePuss
SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Your X-Force against a boosted lvl 270 Cyclops.

With no TUs!!

really?

edit: Okay so boosts allowed. icon_e_sad.gif

Moderator note: Edited subject line, merging related topics here. -DayvBang

Comments

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They did warn it was not going to be easy !
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Match Black and end then game ended. Luckily the required character is WXF.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Go, go lvl 78 1/1/1 X-Force!

Seriously, it was a quick match. AI got a 5 match on his first turn. I don't think it went 6 turns.
  • gmp72
    Options
    And Cyclops gets to have a TU ?!?
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Ugggh okay I'll never complain about juggernaut again. Only 6 covers on my X-Force. Block two colors or get instagibbed? Sheesh.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't mind the fact that it's a hard match - but really, why do they get a team up? That better be a bug that gets fixed....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    BUT THE AI CAN USE T/Us! Of course it's Thor Red so it makes yellow for Cyclops.

This is an absolute joke. I understood it would be challenge but you basically need a fully covered 4* to beat this which completely defeats the purpose of winning a Legendary token. Most players only have X-Force as their most covered, myself included with a 4/2/2 build.

I couldn't even put a dent into Cyclops health, I never had enough time to build up my powers because every board was filled with Red, so I have to deny that. My green barely does any damage.. I can ramble on and on about this..

So much for earning 4*'s "easier"

Edit: I went back to sleep after wiping three times. I woke up hoping it was a dream... it wasn't icon_mad.gif
  • gmp72
    Options
    Match is clearly designed for Fully loaded 4* star players transitioning to 5*
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i need a SPECIFIC 4* in a useable state to down a MAXED 3*
    good work, awesome idea!

next, i suggest a node with a guaranteed 3*. you can choose which 3* AND you can choose the color.
    you have to use that exact character in a mirror match.
    requirement is you have that 3* FULLY covered and maxed.

bang!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, they did warn us... But I fail to see the point of being able to get a legendary token fighting a maxed out 4*. The only people who will be able to complete this wil probably be people with nearly max covered 4* already, so they get a chance at Silver Surfer or a 4* cover. I thought they meant to use this as a way for more people to have access to 4*, but I think this is more of a 'rich get richer' type deal this way.

Not to sound ungrateful, the new rewards in PVE are one way to get legendary tokens that is open to more people so there's that, it's just a little weird IMO.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BUT THE AI CAN USE T/Us! Of course it's Thor Red so it makes yellow for Cyclops.

This is an absolute joke. I understood it would be challenge but you basically need a fully covered 4* to beat this which completely defeats the purpose of winning a Legendary token. Most players only have X-Force as their most covered, myself included with a 4/2/2 build.

I couldn't even put a dent into Cyclops health, I never had enough time to build up my powers because every board was filled with Red, so I have to deny that. My green barely does any damage.. I can ramble on and on about this..

Agreed. My L110 4/2/1 WXF was demolished first go. So i sunk in some ISO and leveled him to 160. I made it 5 turns.

I didn't expect a full L270. I was thinking it might be more like 180-200 or so.
  • This is just stupid! Makes no sense. You have to have a fully covered 4* character or close to it to win a 4* character.

This could be a hard fight with 10 waves, all 100 levels above your characters, but you could use any character and TU, that would be a hard fight. This is just poor development.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As always with this game...

So close..... but yet....... not really.

(That was a terrible experience. Can't imagine I've ever going to beat this.)

Good way to get use to whittle away any boosts though.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    StevO-J wrote:
    I thought they meant to use this as a way for more people to have access to 4*...
    I think they do mean this, it just comes out.............. um...................... not the same as when you put it together in theory.

These people need to run new features past beta testers (aka. us). Time and time again this happens with new things around here.
  • Ardom
    Ardom Posts: 18
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have a 3/5/5 XFW so I levelled him to 166. Lost twice. His red or black is a one-hit finish. Third time I had enough black and cyclops helpfully used his yellow. BOOM!

Edit: I only managed holding off opening my token for 10 minutes. Drew black XFW... icon_cry.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It took 4 tries, 100% Match Boost, 2 blacktile.png / greentile.png boost, 2 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png boost, and a redtile.png starved- greentile.png filled board, but I did manage to take him out...can't wait for my 1 cover icon_thing.png 's battle.... icon_lol.gif
  • xequalsy
    Options
    The best I can do is getting Cyclops down to about ~6k health, and that's firing off a black and matching away a yellow. Don't think a 1/4/3 (the green is irrelevant tbh so w/e) level 166 can beat this. I'm full boosting as well lol.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ah so basically the majority need to buy covers to get the legendary token.

You know guys that might be more doable if you drop the price of the 4* covers... icon_e_wink.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yup. The opponent should be the same level as your own required 4*. My 5/2/1 Xverine is at lv111, so I'd be more than happy to face off against a lv111 Cyclops. Or set some scaling, so their level is a little higher than yours e.g. Lv120

DD usually has set levels, but there really needs to be something for lower level players. Finding out I could take The Big Enchilada with my 2* roster felt so damn good. It wasn't easy, I had rethink how I played, but it help transition.

If TBE was ran like this everyone would have been lvl 166 and I would have never gone anywhere. This needs balancing if it's intended to help most player transition.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could understand if you're up against a maxed 3* at 166. If your 4* is around that lvl it will be a match of attrition but you have a chance. Those with high lvl 4* get an easier ride and those with closer to max lvl should breeze through. Kind of like the way the rest of DDQ is setup.

But add a boost, remove the TUs (you could just block whales if you have to) and give the AI a matching TU.
    As above you're not going to finish this without decently covered 4*, which is only speeding up the transition for the top few, which isn't in keeping with the rest of DDQ.

Or perhaps that was the problem DDQ was too easy so this went the other way?