yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Starts now...

Mod edit: clarified subject line.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 270 Magneto. With a Star-Lord teamup that just happens to lower the cost of all Magneto's powers. And we still can't use teamups. Wonderful.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Nick Fury vs. Magneto is an interesting choice. 2nd event in a row that features a fantastically damaging and fast 3* character on steroids AND he's got all those protect tiles. I'd take a level 270 CMags over a level 270 Nick Fury any day of the week. Decent level Nick Fury has a better chance than XFW had last time, but it is still gonna be crazy hard for anybody. Good luck with that.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, seems they changed nothing. Might as well buy a lottery ticket with my 2/1/1 level 94 Fury
  • yogi_
    Options
    I just have one word:

Sigh.

That is all.

(Mine is 1/1/1).

On the plus side, at least we knew roughly what to expect, so it shouldn't really be a shock to anyone.

That was more than one word.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Won it with my first try.
    Level 168 1/4/3 NF

+2 All Boost
    +2 B & P
    +100 Damage All

Deny Red/Blue

Oh.. And got an XF blackflag.png - Needed icon_e_smile.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually managed to get this on my first try with a L150 535 Fury. Used color boosts for b/p and y/r, and +100% match damage.

What worked for me was denying blue, red and yellow, in that order. He managed to use his yellow and his red, but I stole his blue AP with Fury's purple and used that to drop a second Demolition (had dropped another a few turns earlier). Triggering that killed him instantly.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm probably not the best example but I did it first try with a 225 5/5/3 Fury. Wasn't even that bad honestly probably could have done it way lower level. x/5/x is the key but I think a 4 demo could do it. Remeber Fury is still sort of broken so get out a demo and try to set them up a match 4 to double dip your traps.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd really like to see the match a low covered Fury wins. At least Cyclops needed 10 and 13 for his one shotters icon_razz.gif
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Just for fun -

At level 270, CMags is this -

Just under 14,000HP
    9AP yellowflag.png Coercive Field = 9 Protect Tiles at -84 dmg (-756 dmg)
    8AP redflag.png Polarizing Force = 417 dmg per teamup tile destroyed (Low: 417 - High: you're dead)
    10AP blueflag.png Magnetized Particles = 1140 dmg per swap (7,980 dmg)

And, yeah, that one Star Lord TU that drops all of his powers by 1. Because Peter Quill has not done enough in this game to leave you disappointed.

Dear Devs, please make a node that I can play with a 270 CMags so that I can crush the competition. It looks like a lot of fun.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I got my 4th Fury yellow from pvp this week, which made this a lot easier. Having the stun added to avengers assemble was great, and mags stepped on a trap. icon_e_smile.gif

Happy to have beaten it since I didn't get summers down last week. Got a yellow thor cover!
  • xequalsy
    Options
    Gave it a shot with my 2/2/0 Fury, didn't really get that close, but I wasn't expecting to. I'll give it a shot everytime Fury regens back to full health. I'm not gonna waste boosts/health packs on this though.

He doesn't seem horrifically bad - his red can be just a tickle if there are only 2 or 3 TU tiles out there, and only his blue is going to oneshot lower levelled Fury's. I personally died to match damage though, poor 5k health level 106 Fury icon_razz.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went much better than XFW against Cyke. I took my 4/2/1 XFW into that battle and it took about 15 healthpacks and 20 tries before I made it.

This time, managed it on the first go with my 5/2/1 Fury.
    Boosts:+2 all, +2R/Y, +B/P match damage.
    He only got one polarising force off (I managed to match StarLord second turn it was out), before I threw Avengers at him, stunned him, then hit him with Demo and Escape.

Got a much better board than my XFW battle.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on my second try with a level 5/4/4 Fury. The team-up, while annoyingly well suited for magneto, got matched away instantly what with both sides gathering yellow. He did get off a Polarizing Force, but unlike Cyclops last week it was actually possible to survive that.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Just gave it a shot with my 1-1-1.

Easily failed but not quite as quickly as I imagined.

As long as you have a moderately or more covered NF and deny Mags' colours, it seems achievable.
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Made it at my second attempt with level 120 Fury (335) icon_e_smile.gif

Best moment: use purple, and right before its activated, Mags got a little cascade with enough blue to wipe me. Purple took 9 blue, which helped me to end the game 6 turns later! Lucky! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got a max level Fury so it was easy enough; done on first try. Once Mags tripped the trap tile it was all over.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of the people who completed it just before I did (on the leaderboard) had a 2/2/3 fury. Nice work, person!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A cakewalk compared to the last time, using a 5/5/3 lvl190 fury. Tried once without boosts and died to one red and one blue attack. Retried with boosts and won with barely a scratch, one demo brought him down to 1.5k HP, was never going to lose from there when damage boosts are involved. Sadly got an Elektra from the token, was hoping for a Thing or Falcap since I'm still missing those.

Gonna be the last time I'm going to be doing 4* DDQ for months though, my only 2 leveled 4*s has had their turn, next highest is a 4/1/1 lvl847 Thoress, though I suppose I could level my 5/2/3 IW from lvl79 or 2/3/3 SL and Elektra from lvl71
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried it with my 0-1-0 NF....Yeah=)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5-3-5 level 169 and beat it first time....but it was very, very close. Denied ap in order of yellow/blue/red, but he got off red mid-match anyway and that one ability almost killed me. +100% match damage used along with +2 in all needed colors.

Once again it feels very unfair that you are battling a character that uses four AP (team-up) while you use three.