so this guy is 3 covers from god mode

mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
was looking for that poll-thread on how long it will take for someone to max a icon_silversurfer.png but couldn't find it.

I think I found who will win that in the near future, he's already at almost 3k pts for season before the first event has even ended.

What happened to the "long term game"?

21387795618_4bd03a99df_c.jpg

update: he's 2/3/5 now

Comments

• mjh
    They really should put a cap on how many icon_silversurfer.png covers you are able to get in a given amount of time. Say 2 a month. Hard code it into token rolls. But wait, money. Forgot.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Good for him/her. Thanks for supporting the game KingDreadnaught!
  • I actually hope he gets the covers. Perhaps then the devs can see the issue when people start quitting due to impossible odds. Or fill the rest of us in on the 'joke', meaning why we all shouldn't be concerned about maxed 5*'s that even the best maxed 4* teams apparently aren't even a real threat to (and oh yeah, you get two other guys besides him on your team).
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Hahaha! That's crazy. Now that's commitment to the game and devs.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    That's already God Mode, op.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said when it was announced that a maxed 5* would rule versus events, thus ensuring top placements and the ability to hoard legendary tokens ready for the next 5* and then it just snowballs.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I said when it was announced that a maxed 5* would rule versus events, thus ensuring top placements and the ability to hoard legendary tokens ready for the next 5* and then it just snowballs.

Yep. And those of us still in 3* land instead of getting a slew of maxed 4*s attacking us, where we'd lose on retaliation within a minute, will get hit by max 5*s, where we'll absolutely get obliterated in 10 seconds, making it less and less likely we'll catch up.
  • Like I said last week, this is the beginning of the end for this game unless they do something with 5 stars, whether it's making them more in line with the power trajectory of the game's 1 to 4 stars or adressing the health imbalance. The practice node between 1 SS vs 3 4 stars is what the future will be.
  • mjh
    Linkster79 wrote:
    thus ensuring top placements and the ability to hoard legendary tokens ready for the next 5* and then it just snowballs.

not only that but he never has to spend imcoin.png on shields or use healthpack.png with his true heal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. These guys suck at testing. If he was truly tested they would see he is far beyond simply "powerful", this is god mode. icon_silversurfer.png is the endgame, even with the next 5* coming out, he is the true end of this game in that you get him, you win everything. The final boss.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Very interesting this is said here when it's more or less the same when it comes to 4 stars.

I'd like to hear what SS does to the guys scaling in pve, if it has no/little effect, it'd definitely make his clears much faster squeezing out more points, and reducing health pack usage by bringing a team that ss tanks for, because ss has a decently strong true heal, and his match damage alone is nothing to sneeze at either.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Have you been absent for every big 3* release and 4* release over the last year and half?
    Plenty of whales aren't patient enough for the long term game. I'm one of them to boot as I didn't wait to finish Hulkbuster, Xavier or 4Thor.

The fact that it's been this long and NO ONE has successfully finished a Silver Surfer yet is genuinely surprising to me. I realize that $15,000.00 is a LOT of money but I'm sure there's more than a few MPQ players who could drop that kind of cash on an all out luxury purchase if they wanted to.

Not to spoil your fun but isn't it against forum policy (or at least bad form) to call out someone on the forum like this?
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Very interesting this is said here when it's more or less the same when it comes to 4 stars.

Not even close to true. I've been taking down 4* since back when I was still rocking stormneto in 2* land. SS can effectively take down 3 4*'s without help, while barely being dented in the process. You're delusional if you believe this is anywhere close to the difference between 3-4*'s.
  • babinro wrote:
    Not to spoil your fun but isn't it against forum policy (or at least bad form) to call out someone on the forum like this?

It seems like less of a 'call-out' and more of a 'bow at the altar of whale authority and power'.
  • mjh
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

It seems like less of a 'call-out' and more of a 'bow at the altar of whale authority and power'.
    i would add 'the end is near' and this is what it looks like
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Cool.

Hope it doesn't get too lonely at the top. icon_razz.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

I'd like to hear what SS does to the guys scaling in pve, if it has no/little effect, it'd definitely make his clears much faster squeezing out more points, and reducing health pack usage by bringing a team that ss tanks for, because ss has a decently strong true heal, and his match damage alone is nothing to sneeze at either.

Not even comparable, a team of maxed 3* characters can take down a team of maxed 4*, heck I have done it myself. A team of maxed 4* characters is going to have a very hard if not impossible time taking down 2 maxed 4* plus a maxed Silver Surfer. True healing and inability to be stunned will ensure that even if you manage to do it then it will be a very long drawn out match. Silver Surfer is a pure shield as no one will want to take it on while they are trying to shield hop.
  • Maybe they segregate these 5*s from the kiddie pool of PvP. Don't need Michael Phelps swimming against a bunch of kids wearing floaties and whining about what juice box mommy brought.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    babinro wrote:

He's not calling him out for anything besides having a nearly covered SS. He didn't make any accusations or attacks against the guy.
  • mjh
    MojoWild wrote:
    He's not calling him out for anything besides having a nearly covered SS. He didn't make any accusations or attacks against the guy.
    exactly, and just to be crystal clear, it's a callout to the devs that the 5* system you put in place, while it had good intentions of anti-whaling and looked VERY good on paper, has a flaw and it's being exposed this early. A flaw that allows a very select few to be at the top in god mode.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    The 5*s were OPed for this game at launch, I think in an effort to make them valuable when they were only half covered. A huge mistake on the part of the creators of this game. He should have been 30K health at 15 covers with a match damage of 155 max.
This discussion has been closed.