Iron Man Hulkbuster's 4* nodeHow did you do?

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Results: Against the Hulk!

Should be easy enough I'd think, although I won't be taking my L70 0 / 1 / 0 HB into that match. Guess it's a skip this time.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So it was Hulk after all. This was by far my easiest ddq win yet, but I do have a l260 HB. Saved up red and black for a few turns, overdrive + punch, dead.

This one should be possible for lower level HB's too. Just make sure to use as few big hits as possible to avoid death by anger cascade.
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    This will be a non-starter for my 2/3/0 lv.127 HB. Red does 4.8k with 30 AP plus two yellow strikes out, black takes 1.1k health away from a pool of 8k. With the best will in the world it's going to take some extreme luck to not get match damaged to death before I can whittle down his 17K+ health even without him getting red/green off at me. Maybe next time!
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    Yeah. I have a 270 HB (553) and this was completely trivial, and I didnt really pay attention. Hulks attacks both cost a ton and are relatively non-damaging, so you'll only get in trouble if you Overdrive too early and let him anger you a bunch. I just cast Hulkproof once, then collected red until I had 20+ and one hit KOed the stupid green monster.
  • Yeah, finally won one of these and it was fairly easy.

My HB is currently LV 192 with a 5/1/3 build

Maxed all AP + 2 boost, All match damage boost, and critical damage boost (which I didn't need because I didn't get a single critical during the match)

Basically what some of the other posters already stated...used Hulk-proof once when I was able and just matched all the red I could

When I didn't have any red I could match I played keep away with the green just so he wouldn't get a chance to use his slap

Got up to about 23 red ap and let loose the Repulsor punch...game over with him not even getting either special off

Got another Invisible Women yellow for my troubles, not a terribly exciting pickup but needed nonetheless
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 250 5/5/2 Hulkbuster here. Completely trivial match. Just had to collect red and calculate the correct moment to throw a Repulsor Punch.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0/10 so far...

My 3/1/2 HB got as close as 3000 once, but I had terrible board luck with a lot of green.....will go again when I wake up but it's not easy for low level HB for sure.....
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mine is 1/3/2 - 131 - 8742 HP. I'll have to win this one with AP denial and sheer luck.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    322 hb and did it 1st time.red and black boosts power boosts deny red and green easiest 1 yet
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat it with a level 172 2/5/1 Hulkbuster. Wasn't easy, though. Took five attempts, and had to rely on match damage since a 30AP Repulsor Punch at 2 covers only does 6k damage. Thankfully, a boosted 270 Hulk doesn't trigger Anger with +100% all colour match damage boosts, plus +50% R/Y and +50% B/G match damage boosts, since his initial health is so high. Had to carefully whittle him down to 6k while denying green and red, then Repulsor Punch him to finish the job.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My IMHB is only 94lvl with 1/1/2.
    However I'm going to try beat him by denying green and red and not triggering Anger.
    I have counted that his Anger is triggered at 907 damage.
    My Repulsor deals 810 damage with 9AP (or 900 with 10AP).
    I will try firing it as soon as I have 9/10 AP, use blue skill when I can and not use black one until the final blow.
    Together with damage boosts maybe it will be possible icon_razz.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won first try with 1/5/4... deny green, collect blue and black.. had 30 red ap before ever firing his black.. boosted red/black damage and red/black ap, as well as team up damage fired his blue a couple times, had 30 red ap, fired my little punch, matched his anger tile, fired his blue, got up to 9 red ap, fired his black twice.. and with 27 more red ap, the punch killed him.. got it first shot
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I don't think we'll have any stories of single cover level 70s winning this today. icon_cry.gif

I dunno, were there any lvl 70 XFW winners? This would be easier than that battle for sure - fewer colors to deny, and a TU that isn't super dangerous.

Definitely going to be tough to eat through that much of an HP differential with match damage alone. I don't envy anyone attempting it for sure.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it on the third try with my 3/5/3 175 HB. Red was falling like candy for me in all three attempts, but Hulk got just as much green from cascades and kept taking all the black so I could never get off an Overdrive. Finally managed to keep him from clapping me to death before I got the 11 black, and that pushed me over the edge.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat it with 322 quite easily
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    0 for 10 at 1/3/2, and boosts virtually all gone. Was hopeful for this but less so now! I just find denying colours impossible. Closest I've got was 5k health left. I guess the best method is to get a quick blue and black in and be boosted so damage hits as close to the anger limit as possible. Easier said than done though, boards have been terrible
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I knew with a 0/3/2 Level 125 Hulkbuster this would be nearly impossible and I was right. Without a red cover, there's really no way to significantly damage him. I got a few decent boards, and can deny red and green, but since he has twice the health of me, it's just a matter of time before I die on pure match damage alone. Casting black doesn't help, as I can't use the red, and it lowers my health each time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Won first try with 1/5/4... deny green, collect blue and black.. had 30 red ap before ever firing his black.. boosted red/black damage and red/black ap, as well as team up damage fired his blue a couple times, had 30 red ap, fired my little punch, matched his anger tile, fired his blue, got up to 9 red ap, fired his black twice.. and with 27 more red ap, the punch killed him.. got it first shot

Well you did say on numerous occasions that this was going to be your plan to beat him and it worked! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat pretty easily on the 2nd try with 4/3/1 buster of hulks, level 172. Lost the first one to an insane cascade that resulted in like three Thunderous Claps in a row.

Seems like this one is either really easy or really hard depending on how many red covers you have.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    I do just about have the HP to buy a second red cover, but I don't know if it's worth it, especially as I'm all out of ISO to do any levelling anyway