MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015 (Updated 10/21/15)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015
*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

CHARACTERS
The 5* for the month is Old Man Logan. His character thread is here.

Our first 4* release for the month was Cyclops (Classic), with a character thread here.

Lastly, we have Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross). He'll be the prize for the Galactus run starting on 10/15, with a character thread here. Some players may already have run into him in the currently running Simulator Challenge.

Following up in early November, we'll be premiering the All New Wolverine, X-23! Character thread for her is here (with precis there and below)
Holding Back - Green 8 AP - Deals damage to enemy target. If the team has 9 or more Red AP, changes to Berserker Fury.
Berserker Fury - Green 8 AP - Deals damage to the target and creates Black Strike tiles.

Savage Healing - (PASSIVE) - True healing every time X-23 makes a Red, Green, or Purple match.
Tracking Prey - Purple 12 AP - Creates a Trap tile on Purple. If matched by the opponent, deals damage. If matched by the team, deals (less) damage and creates a Strike tile. Costs less for each friendly Strike tile on the board.

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Rocket & Groot - Most Wanted Squirrel Girl - Coversquirrel (Season 20 start) Red Hulk - ??? Bullseye - Stay on Target

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
    Enemy of the State Unstable Iso-8

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    Falcon - Yellow Psylocke - Red Beast - Blue Bullseye - Purple Steve Rogers - Yellow Crash of the Titans Required: Ant-Man
    Sentry - Red Punisher - Black Blade - Black Wolverine - Green Human Torch - Red Crash of the Titans Required: Star-Lord

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    10/22/15-10/28/15
    4* - Elektra, Wolverine (X-Force)
    3* - Daken (Classic), Sentry, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    2* - Hawkeye (Modern), Storm (Classic)
    1* - Black Widow (Modern), Juggernaut
      10/29/15-11/4/15
      4* - Ant-Man, Nick Fury, X-23 (All New Wolverine)
      3* - Black Widow (Grey Suit), Deadpool (It's Me!), Doctor Octopus, Gamora, Iron Fist
      2* - Thor (Marvel NOW!), Wolverine (Astonishing)
      1* - Hawkeye (Classic), Juggernaut

Updates
      10/5/15 - Updated with Red Hulk precis
      10/14/15 - Overall update to all areas
      10/21/15 - Updated all sections

Comments

• Dayv
        Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        IceIX wrote:
        Also, here's a precis on our next upcoming 4*:
          Red 10 AP - Destroys one chosen basic tile, dealing damage. If 10+ Team-Up AP, instead destroy a chosen row and deal damage.
          Yellow 5 AP - Creates a Yellow CD tile. While this is out, Team-Up matches generate AP in the team's strongest color and increase this CD's duration.
          Blue 8 AP - Destroys all Red tiles in a 3x3 surrounding the tile, gaining AP and dealing damage. Levels increase the destruction radius and tile types destroyed.
          Interesting. I'm guessing that blue is for a targeted tile? It feels a bit Hawkeye-ish to me, but could read other ways, too. Interesting TU mechanism on the yellow.
        • SnowcaTT
          SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
          edited September 2015
          Options
          Bummer to see that DPXF so soon in DDQ, I'd like to have a chance by getting a few more covers...like any of the older 4*'s that still haven't had a turn.
        • TheRealJRad
          TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
          Options
          Wow, DP already?
        • IceIX
          Options
          Yep, Deadpool already. The idea here is that he's still pretty new, so we can see how players do when most *don't* have a character covered. Given the relatively low number of 4*s, his turn will come up again relatively soon for another token shot. The one we've got planned to come up after Deadpool will be one that most players have a bit more power on. That one also happens to be, personally, the most interesting out of the 4* fights we've got set so far.
        • IceIX
          Options
          DayvBang wrote:
          Interesting. I'm guessing that blue is for a targeted tile? It feels a bit Hawkeye-ish to me, but could read other ways, too. Interesting TU mechanism on the yellow.
          It's targeted. Red is Hawkeye-ish. Blue is a bit weird since it only blows up Red tiles (and later, other tile types), so it's more of a targeted AP generation tool than a cascade tool.
        • notamutant
          notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
          Options
          That new 4 star sounds pretty good. Kind of makes me think of the old fashioned Cyclops colors, the yellow and blue suit with red visor from the 90s. Team up tiles being related to his moves make me think of him being the leader of the X-Men. Destroying a row is kind of like his 3 star version, but you can aim it. And that blast radius is like a short range power blast. Although it feels like Cyclops 3 star was released just a little while ago, so it feels too soon. Would be pretty cool having an old school Cyclops though. Although with the recent trend, they would probably be more likely to release an All New X-Men version first, like with Jean and Iceman. But then the moveset would be a bit stranger since the All New Cyclops set out on his own with his father, so maybe not. Maybe I am way off on who it is, but it just sounds too much like him with this move set.
        • fmftint
          fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
          edited September 2015
          Options
          4* color scheme makes me think Cyclops Classic.
          icon_cyclops.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png

Even the smiley matches!
        • Hmm my 5/1/1 DP is ready after a he wakes up from a food coma. Hopefully a second legendary from DDQ.

I wonder who the 270 character is??

EDITED: I have a guess.
          It's gonna be Iceman
          Steal all the red away from out of bullets
          Tinykitty
        • I am Scourge
          Options
          IceIX wrote:
          Yep, Deadpool already. The idea here is that he's still pretty new, so we can see how players do when most *don't* have a character covered. Given the relatively low number of 4*s, his turn will come up again relatively soon for another token shot. The one we've got planned to come up after Deadpool will be one that most players have a bit more power on. That one also happens to be, personally, the most interesting out of the 4* fights we've got set so far.

I like this addition to DPD but unless you're 4* character is at least in the high 100's you don't stand a chance. My lvl 152 hulkbuster was swatted like a fly by hulk several times today. And with 4 out of 6 legend tokens so far being 2 out of my 16 4* characters I have fully covered already, it makes it difficult to improve my 4*'s.
        • DrStrange-616
          DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
          Options
          Please consider giving us more time to beat the 4* DPDQ nodes. For those early in the transition, a lucky board plays a major role. If you gave us more than one day, we could take a few more cracks at it without losing all of our health packs for other play.
        • ZeroKarma
          ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
          Options
          florida92 wrote:
          Hmm my 5/1/1 DP is ready after a he wakes up from a food coma. Hopefully a second legendary from DDQ.

It's gonna be Iceman
          Tinykitty

I'd have to go with 3* Deadpool. Flavorwise it would make sense, of course he would be fighting himself, who else would be worthy!

Thinking expensive vs cheap red and purple would make for an interesting AP collection decision.

I wonder how often they would want to include stun as part of this, like against Iceman. If you don't deny blue, you're going to be sitting and watching an awful lot. I don't think it would be a very fun matchup, that's for sure.

My curiosity is piqued for the 4* afterwards. I would think its time for 4hor, but Ice mentioned an interesting challenge. Prof X vs. Patch?
        • Wow, DP already?

Atleast let us get loosened up
        • ZeroKarma wrote:
          florida92 wrote:
          Hmm my 5/1/1 DP is ready after a he wakes up from a food coma. Hopefully a second legendary from DDQ.

It's gonna be Iceman
          Tinykitty

I'd have to go with 3* Deadpool. Flavorwise it would make sense, of course he would be fighting himself, who else would be worthy!

Thinking expensive vs cheap red and purple would make for an interesting AP collection decision.

I wonder how often they would want to include stun as part of this, like against Iceman. If you don't deny blue, you're going to be sitting and watching an awful lot. I don't think it would be a very fun matchup, that's for sure.

My curiosity is piqued for the 4* afterwards. I would think its time for 4hor, but Ice mentioned an interesting challenge. Prof X vs. Patch?

Yeah, if you don't deny blue there will be a lot of sitting, watching, losing, and repeating. How much of a pain some of these nodes have been, it'd make sense.

Deadpool kills Deadpool would make perfect sense. Probably get the super whales, whales, whales. So it would be a race to which DP could get red and purple AP. That's a pretty fun match up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out being SW either, Reality Crush would stun DP and she could have her way with him.
        • Gowaderacer
          Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
          Options
          So are the boosted characters randomly generated because the one 3* that has been missing since the boost rotation started is Bullseye. I might be in the minority but I really like Bullseye and I want to get more use out of him!
        • wymtime
          wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          IceIX wrote:
          Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015

T
          UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
            Doctor Octopus - Eight Is Enough She-Hulk - Trial By Combat Colossus - Real Steel Deadpool - Weapon TeX-MeX (End of Season 19) Anniversary Versus - ???
          Note: These are not necessarily all going to be run before S19 ends, but they are our current planned choices. The additionals will be offseason events before the Anniversary starts

]
          Ice I believe trial by combat will be the end of the season instead of Deadpool. Colossus would start Sunday, Deadpool Wed then Anniversary would really be the start of Season 20. When I checked my season there are only 4 days left.
        • Dayv
          Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          IceIX wrote:
          DayvBang wrote:
          It's targeted. Red is Hawkeye-ish. Blue is a bit weird since it only blows up Red tiles (and later, other tile types), so it's more of a targeted AP generation tool than a cascade tool.
        • fmftint
          fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          IceIX wrote:
          DayvBang wrote:
          Similar to SW Green? But his only hits specific colors vs her random
        • Mawtful
          Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          2* Cyclops is now 4* Cyclops? I suppose he'll be All-New X-Men to fit with Jean and Bobby.
        • why deadpool? why? it has supposed to be elektra>thor ddq 4*(mine not covered well actually) if this ddq is about "elder game". sound like it doesn't respect elder player. . . . at all

well if ddq will stay that way(i mean a no-go for 3>4 trans), would you kindly add 4 star as progression reward in season pvp? that would help.

icon_e_wink.gif
        • NickHewitt12
          NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
          Options
          Does "a man becomes what he hates" apply to the next two upcoming 4* characters?