Today's 4* DDQ Match (4hor vs Rags) Success Rates

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'll kick off: how's everyone doing for today's 4* match?

My 166 4/3/2 4hor won on the first attempt, with +2 B/P boost and +2 R/Y boost

Rags never even got off a power.

Comments

• motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Wiped three times with my 168 4/2/2 4hor using ap boosts. Rags got off plenty of powers icon_cry.gif
  • My 78 1/1/1 never had a chance.

But I had assumed that going in. Still a better fight than Galactus.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First go with my lvl 192 3/1/5, same boosts as Rainking. Rags did get one shot off at me before the stuns locked him down.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problems here, but my Thor is 5/3/5 and level 270, so it's hardly surprising.
    Did have a tough board with little blue, but once I got enough to Power Surge it was over.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 131, 1/3/2. Lost once. Have a hard time seeing how I am supposed to do enough damage to win. Maybe if I had 3 redflag.png instead of 3 yellowflag.png

And that was my last hope of winning another DDQ4 (lucked out with XF and won easily with IW). After Galactus I'm not keen on playing more and just wishing for luck. Maybe we should replace the P in MPQ with L for luck?

(yeah, I'm a little bitter right now icon_cry.gif )
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 152, 1/3/3. Ran myself out of rainbow match damage boosts and gave up. I can get him as low as 4000 health (with boosted match damage) but once he gets enough AP for either of his low-cost powers I'm basically screwed, and Thor at low covers is not only amazingly weak but the charged tiles from her blue are more likely to help him than me.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With a 5\3\5 lvl 270 as expected very easy. Makes up for last one with xpool that after too many tries to count didn't succeed.
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    3-1-5 192, first try with +ry ap boost
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    5/2/4 Lv. 210. Got it on the first try but Rags put up a hard fight! I was under 2k health left.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Level 135 4/1/1. Tried about 7 times and have given up. I figure that I would need to get blue to at least 3 covers to pull it off.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Thor is level 190 with 5/2/3. Didn't even have to use boosts, though it was an even fight. I got him down to low enough health before he used Godlike Power that it killed him and left me with 2000 or so hit points. Pulled an Ant-Man Blue from the Legendary.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Hahaha!

No.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's taken me a long time to get 4* Thor up to 3/3/3. I still can't really use her for PvP yet, so I was really happy to play this match.

Won on the first try, but those charged greentile.png tiles were starting to add up...
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mines at 125/524 and struggling. 4 tries, 4 losses, though was within 1000 once.

Think I'll do it. 4 very dry boards with minimal cascades. Just need to get lucky once.

Don't want to spend any more ISO on her, saving it for HB icon_e_smile.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    0/7so far.

I feel like my 3/2/4 (now @155, @145 when the event started) thor should be doable, but nothing closer than 3k health so far.

Clearly my best strategy is to save up 18 blue and 20 red and hope that I can get a double smite down. But to date I have had terrible board luck in most of my matches.

Got it on my 9th or 10th try.

All it took was some solid board luck so I could chain together 3 stuns and collect enough red for 2 attacks. With all the charged tiles on the board, I almost dropped with with the two reds, and some nicely placed charged red tiles let me smite him one last time for victory. Pretty tough overall, since rags has tons of health and is self-healing on only 3 matches.

Playing against rags at 270, you can really the intent of his design. But at 166, with only burst healing, he is still really weak. Red and green don't do enough damage until overleveled significantly.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Raised mine up to 150s to get 10k health on her. Got it on 4th try, with three power surges. The key is to collect blue to chain stun Rag, and deny gr (b/c that takes off a LOT of your health).
  • 2/4/5, lvl 120

First try, using only +2B/P, I got him down to 600.
    Second try I also boosted +R/Y and +50% R/Y damage but failed pretty spectactularly, only getting him to 8000.
    Third try, I used the same boosts as on try 2, and won with 200 HP left.

Reward: Carnage green that I didn't need icon_e_sad.gif
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    My 2/4/2 lvl 151 put in a good fight and I won on my 4th attempt.

Deny his green and collect red and blue as stated and you can get enough charged tiles out. Throw yellow at him when you have some to drop his health.

I used +2 r/y and r/y +10% x 5 and all colour match x 5.

I took a few licks especially one from his green but I survived and went on to claim my first legendary token since Fury vs CMags or was it Invisible Woman vs (can't remember).
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd try, 140 5/3/5, 2 r/y, 2 b/p, 5 r/y damage. I usually pair her with IM40 and his absence is very noticeable. Collecting the AP she needs takes a long time. I had enough for 1 stun and 2 smites. I knew 1st smite wouldn't take him down, but I thought there'd be more damage. Luckily, 2nd took him down b/c 1st added more charged tiles.

Pulled an OML red. Now have to weigh the pro's and con's of his effects on the initial levels in PVE and possibly getting dumped into a different MMR bucket in PVP. If I had his yellow, I could use him as a tank in PVE and hide red/yellow/black users behind him. Since I have his red, if Daken or Blade aren't out there to create strike tiles, he can't even be a sustainable tank b/c he creates strike tiles for self damage if I fire any abilities.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/3/3, L176, first try using r/y boost, b/b boost, all AP boost.

It was close, but only because the board was totally red-starved between my first two Smites (4K each, back to back) and my last one dozens of turns later. In the interim, I ate a lot of damage, watched Rags heal 5K HP, and might have been dead in another turn if a charged red match hadn't lined up for me.