Elektra's DDQ opponent: Blade!

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To meld well with her powers.. her ballet of death and strike steals.. Daken would be a major challenge, shares 2 colors, and matching accidental greens could over-write your ballet, but you would need them to steal, deny blue, a color you dont need, while he heals..
  • Malcrof wrote:
    To meld well with her powers.. her ballet of death and strike steals.. Daken would be a major challenge, shares 2 colors, and matching accidental greens could over-write your ballet, but you would need them to steal, deny blue, a color you dont need, while he heals..

I think Daken will not be because healing factor. It would be very difficult to beat him with him regenerating all the time. Even with my maximized Elektra would have trouble coping with it. It would take at least 10 Black, 7 purple and 8 reds to have some result damage. Also, be lucky for your Ballet of Death not be disarmed by Pheromone Rage.
  • Good afternoon people. I would like to know if this is the duel at the 4 * DDQ as would be the combined of the following blows : Shadow Step to Elektra and Retribution Punisher. Shadow Step denies any damage while Retribution brings down any opponent with less than 40% health.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Good afternoon people. I would like to know if this is the duel at the 4 * DDQ as would be the combined of the following blows : Shadow Step to Elektra and Retribution Punisher. Shadow Step denies any damage while Retribution brings down any opponent with less than 40% health.

I assume retribution is still considered damage, so shadow step would dodge it - assuming there were any shadow step traps left after molotov attack tile picks them all off.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gonna vote for Iron Fist. He makes strike tiles but also can create a black-heavy board with little effort, meaning Elektra's shadow step tiles are at risk of being matched. The free attack tile also clears away Shadow Step tiles you'd prefer to stay on the board for his 12+black Iron Fist of K'un-Lun
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Good afternoon people. I would like to know if this is the duel at the 4 * DDQ as would be the combined of the following blows : Shadow Step to Elektra and Retribution Punisher. Shadow Step denies any damage while Retribution brings down any opponent with less than 40% health.
    A while ago in the Simulator there was a bug when Punisher faced Deadpool. Punisher could use Retribution on a damaged ally of Deadpool, Deadpool would use Life of the Party to take the hit... And was then immediately KOed even if he was at full health. They fixed it so the check for instant KO would be made against Deadpool and not the original target.
    I assume Elektra, per this reasoning, should be able to Shadowstep away from a Retribution.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    It's interesting how these things play out...if there is one thing that 4* DDQ has done really well, it is to highlight the weaknesses of some characters and to show the strength of others. The data set is small, but the info received has been very enlightening.

Elektra is definitely at the bottom tier of 4* characters. The poor girl is clearly a victim of power creep, and to be honest, she wasn't that great to begin with.

Her one saving grace in the 1-vs-1 environment is her blackflag.png Shadow Step. With the right amount of covers, once she fires this skill, she has the chance to be dealing damage both ways for five turns. Couple this with the fact that each trap tile destroyed with generate 1 Black AP, it could take as little as five more Black AP to fire it again. But there is a lot of 'if' going on there. Also, cascades all count as individual damage, and I believe that each one burns a trap tile.

Thinking about the possible opponents listed here (hidden due to length)-
    Daken - Very Hard.
    He heals on every turn. While there is a chance that he might do some self-damage if you can really control the bluetile.png on the board, he's still gonna heal way more often than not.
    Those strike.png tiles. Not only will he drop two on every green match made by anybody, they will be scaled to 270 AND they drop on Red leaving Ballet of Death extremely vulnerable. On the flip side, Double-Double Cross purpleflag.png can help negate some of that BUT you are adding fuel to his strike.png fire because...
    his blueflag.png is already one of the most spammy skills in the game. Scaled to 270, the hits will be big and will be often. By denying blue, this can be mitigating, but he's going to get a couple off in a match and they are likely to hurt.
    Daken can be beaten by Elektra, but it will be an extremely challenging fight. Anyone with less than 5 blackflag.png covers is going to really struggle.

Daredevil - Rage Quit Hard.
    Any character that can stun should be forbidden from being an opponent in 4*DDQ. Especially Daredevil, who only has to fire it once to be extremely effective 1-vs-1. On the plus side, the AI is really pretty stupid and often matches off their own CD tiles, but even then he gets 3 bluetile.png back in the process. Daredevil is a very strong 3* character. At level 270, he can take on any number of 4* characters of equal level successfully. Facing him with Elektra would feel very similar to how facing Cyclops was with XFW.

Punisher - Moderate.
    Punisher gets slept on. Even as one of the old guard of MPQ 3*'s, he's still a very serviceable character. Scaled to 270 he is lethal. While none of his skills are overwhelmingly dangerous by themselves (unless your health is under 40%), they are all low cost and spammable.
    His blackflag.png drops a redtile.png countdown tile, potential a problem for Ballet of Death. He drops strike.png & attack.png on basic tiles, any of which could be blacktile.png or redtile.png , another problem. And his board shake also presents an issue. The strike.png tiles can be stolen, so that can ease some pain, but everything he does will continue to aggressively eat away HP. I don't think this is an impossible fight, but it ain't gonna be easy. Elektra has to get that blackflag.png rolling quick and keep it up the whole way.
    That said, I believe he is beatable if Elektra can get the right skills off at the right time.

Bullseye - Easy.
    Bullseye would be a very easy opponent to down. If he is indeed the opponent for Elektra, thank the Devs for a very nice gift. His purpleflag.png is reliant on there being special tiles on the board. So both purpletile.png 's wash each other out.
    His blackflag.png is not effective until after someone has been downed. This skill becomes meaningless in 1-vs-1.
    That leaves his greenflag.png . This skill will do good damage at 270 and will potentially create cascades that could include criticals. Deny greentile.png , drop blacktile.png , drop redtile.png , game over.
    Personally, I am praying that Bullseye is the opponent. Note - if he is, you can practically guarantee that his teamup will GSBW purpleflag.png .

Kingpin - Very Hard.
    Kingpin's yellowflag.png , drops CD's. Lots of them. Good, those can be dealt with via matching them away. At least a little bit. Some of them drop strike.png to steal. Also good. They do A LOT of damage. Bad. He can fire it fairly cheaply. Also bad. They drop on blacktile.png tiles. More badder.
    His purpleflag.png creates yellowtile.png for him and steals his opponents strongest color. Ok then. Good news here is that Elektra's strongest color is purpletile.png , not blacktile.png or redtile.png . But we need that purple to steal those strike tiles. And this skill is also pretty cheap to fire.
    And lastly, his chief skill, You Got Fingered blackflag.png , does big damage WITHOUT any CD's on the board. With them, it's straight up lethal.
    Kingpin is one of the upper tier 4* characters. He doesn't show up in the meta very much, but if you have him max-covered and leveled, I'm sure you use him for lots of things and extremely effectively. Elektra is so outclassed by KP that it hurts. And so would this fight.

Blade - Very Hard.
    Blade's strike.png can be stolen. That helps. But they also overwrite Ballet of Death and they will pop up fast and furious.
    The number of strike tiles on the board impacts his purpleflag.png , whether they are the cheap ones Elektra drops from thieving them or the stronger ones he drops on his own. If he gets off a purple, the fight is probably already over, unless you can match them away quickly and easily.
    His greenflag.png will do minor upfront damage and then be stealing purpletile.png , feeding into his skill that will kill you. None of that is good. Denying greentile.png & purpletile.png will be off maximum importance in this fight.
    Whatever the case, Blade is also an absolute top tier 3* monster. He puts the hurt on at level 166. At 270, forget it.

Psylocke - Easy.
    Psylocke would be an interesting matchup and probably pretty easy to deal with. Psylocke is better than she gets credit for, but she relies on being a part of the right time and she specializes in taking down opponents with low HP.
    Her redflag.png drops strike.png . Those can be stolen, but again, they drop on redtile.png creating an issue for Ballet of Death.
    Her blueflag.png would not be an issue in most cases. It's a long CD tile, it steals from one color that you have the most of. In a 1-vs-1 fight, this could be a problem because you are playing the denial game. Considering blacktile.png & redtile.png are competed for colors, it might not go well. But in my experience, I have never faced this skill and had an issue with it.
    Her blackflag.png is probably the most dangerous. It's cheap, it drops attack.png which are a real problem to deal with in these kind of fights, and it drops them on other blacktile.png . Plus, at 270, she will drop some strong ones.
    Even after considering any of that, Psylocke should be an easy opponent for Elektra to deal with, provided she has enough HP to withstand a few attack.png tiles on the board.

Considering her opponent could be anybody, I'm not sure at all who else they might pick, but I do know that Elektra would be overmatched by a large number of characters.

tl;dr - Elektra is a bottom barrel 4* character, is one of the top victims of power creep in the game and will have a tough fight against almost anyone. Please change her redflag.png from a trap tile to a CD or something that can't be overwritten so easily.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bullseye. Likely classic Bullsyeye. I will bet a logan's loonies on it.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bet a token_taco.png on icon_bullseye.png
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    DareDevil. Because of the relationship they have within the Marvel Universe.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I am going with Daredevil, 2 shared colors, both trap makers, and well, lore.

what he said
  • Ctenko
    Options
    But... Bullseye for Lore. Bullseye Killed her. Not just in a terrible (if slightly underrated) movie, but also in the comics. two color share, and one of the only people she has a real chance at beating.

:Bullseye:
  • Ctenko
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Looks like Ant-man is going up next after Elektra. No idea who he'd fight...

Well this one is a long shot, but listen to the general evidence. Two color Blue/Purple... Decent fight attempting to match tiles, where you need to avoid ecountdown.png tiles. And opponent comes with a way of removing your attack.png tiles. No One shot kill option but it might as well be if it ever hits, so that's around the right level of difficulty for most of these fights.

I speak of Scarlet Witch, who technically while she was insane did kill Scott Lang in the comics. Avengers Disassembled.

Could also be Falcon, Doctor Doom, Or Doctor Octopus. I guess.
  • Quebbster
    edited October 2015
    Options
    And the winner is... Blade! Should be a cool fight. Looks like we're back to level 270 opponents though.
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    2/1/4 level 152 Elektra took him first time, +2 all ap, +50% red damage, got two of her red traps out early and then kept him away from purple. Finished with around 1000 health.

Edit: pulled Elektra red from the legendary.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it on my first go with a L145 3/4/3 Elektra, with all 3 +2 AP boosts.

Easiest DDQ win so far, with enough black Elektra is pretty much untouchable in a 1 on 1 match.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does my 2/0/3 have any chance against him? She can go up to level 127.
  • Hi All,

I got it on my 2nd try (no boosts).
    I have a 2/5/2 Elektra - level 127
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

You'll have a much tougher time without her black, but I think it'll mostly depend on whether you can get enough purple before there's enough red on the board for Blade to start spawning strike tiles. (Your red trap tile will get overwritten by those half the time as well, unfortunately).
  • Quebbster
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    I was able to win the Deadpool challenge with a 3/1/0 Deadpool at level 111, so I think you have a small chance at least. You'll need damage boosts and quite a bit of luck though.

My first attempt with a 5/5/3 level 229 Elektra failed miserably by the way. Board didn't go my way. It happens.