Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

Options

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doesn't matter who he faces, because my 3/1/0 Starlord can't do ****.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Its Rulk! Because reasons.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm almost certain it's Captain Marvel. Bank on it.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm almost certain it's Captain Marvel. Bank on it.

That would be awful. Starlord has no stun and would get blasted on either or red or purple CD's going off.

Her red at 5 covers boosted is not a love tap, and I think even highly leveled SL's will have a heck of a time beating her without some good luck.

You'd have to line up some CD's so they go off together and have fun denying black which you can't use.

Still hoping that D3 avoids stunners in these match ups even if hers is one of the more manageable ones.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they'll save Captain Marvel for Sam Wilson's DDQ personally. Seems like a natural match. One makes a lot of shields, the other destroys a lot of shields...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think they'll save Captain Marvel for Sam Wilson's DDQ personally. Seems like a natural match. One makes a lot of shields, the other destroys a lot of shields...

That is actually very clever.. please stop giving them ideas! LOL
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'm gonna get match damaged to death by bag-man for Star-Lords battle, it will be poetic justice for all the times I've done it to juggernaut icon_e_sad.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not going to mince words, whichever dev decided to give an overscaled Gamora a Jean Grey purple team-up that zaps countdown tiles is a jerk.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, does it hit countdowns? I thought all AI team-ups were fixed at two covers, which would mean only protect/attack/strike tiles.

(I was lucky enough to set it off with no pending countdowns on the board)
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Wait, does it hit countdowns? I thought all AI team-ups were fixed at two covers, which would mean only protect/attack/strike tiles.

(I was lucky enough to set it off with no pending countdowns on the board)

My bad, doesn't hit countdowns. Still does 1700 dmg or so though.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Yeah, that part was still less than fun.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    So 4* ddq is starlord vs gamora. Only 1 shared color between them and gamora's red packs a punch at 270. Auto-pass for my 2/1/1 lv 94 starlord, who i will sell so something better can take its place.
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Anyway, got it on my 2nd try with a l150 4/3/5 Sl. +2 ap boosts for r/y and purple, +100% match dmg.

Red is first priority, since it keeps her cheap sword attack at bay, and if you get your tile out her other attacks as well.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    I won on the first try with a 5/2/4 140, but it took a miracle cascade at the end with two match-fives that got her life low enough that my Oldest Trick punch would end the fight, without matching away the Oldest Trick tile (since I'd have died to match damage before a new one went off) -- so, double miracle. And Star-Lord still finished with barely over 200 life, despite Gamora only getting off one Razor's Edge and the team-up. These fights rarely have margin for error, but this one is especially brutal that way.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took me three tries, which seems to be par for the course these days. 5/2/5 Starlord, took him from level 209 to level 250 after the first try. I won because my countdowns went off before Gamora did her Joan Jett impersonation, simple as that.
    Green Iceman from the legendary token, taking him to 2/2/2. Not bad at all.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited October 2015
    Options
    First try.

Just when I got all my CD tiles on the board she used JG TU. Terrified me. Then I saw that my tiles were safe and she died.

3/5/5 level 205. Won with purple because it was a dry red board (maybe thankfully).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Normally a level 131 3/1/2 covered guy like mine would have a chance in one of these fights, but I don't see how a Star-Lord with less than 9 covers beats Gamora. And even then they'd need to get lucky.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 5,4,2 SL and have been crushed 3 times by Gamora in 3 different ways. First match she kept cascading red. Match 2 I got hit with bad reputati N and since there is no one else oh those nasty strike tiles. Finally in match 3 I got hit with skull crackers and was stunned while she gathered more red. This one is tough
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Tough one. Lost 12 times with my 5/2/2 SL, level 120. Got close once, but she cascades and matched away my CDs which were about to kill her. Sigh...

Guess I'll save some ISO over the course of today and try again
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Well my 2/1/2 level 106 icon_starlord.png cannot handle a 270 Gamora. I've tried like 6 times to no avail. Guess I'll be skipping this one