Kingpin vs Cage in the DDQ

Options

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am so certain it will be DD, I will watch the Affleck monstrosity from beginning to end if I am wrong
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    I am so certain it will be DD, I will watch the Affleck monstrosity from beginning to end if I am wrong

Don't do it. Not even as a joke.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fisk is only good when he's paired with someone he can finger
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My KP is 454, this will finally give me a reason to add some levels to him. I know he is good but there are better 4*'s to sink iso into. Spidey would be brutal with his stun capability and protect tile creation....
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 0/2/2 KP may take a stab, but I am not hopeful. At least the 2 colors I have work together.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fisk is only good when he's paired with someone he can finger

Fisk can finger himself just fine, thank you.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My non-current vault still shows Star-Lord in the first position... am I missing something?

Edit: most recent data patch now is showing KP in first position
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Going with dd.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh my. Level 270 Luke Cage. May have to pump up my Kingpin to level 250 for this.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Oh my. Level 270 Luke Cage. May have to pump up my Kingpin to level 250 for this.

My lvl 155 5/3/5 KP did ok with just the basic +2 ap boosts you buy with iso. Deny black, spam purple, drop yellow and finger Luke as many times as you can. :p
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is going to be a tough one, if not impossible for lower-level Fisks. I got it on the first try, but I have a L250 553 Fisk and even for that it was a close match. Focused in purple and black (since purple would steal his yellow) and only summoned my goons when I had enough black to finger them.

Also, a character if Cage's power level really should not have a green Torch team-up. That countdown tile was out of reach the whole time and did about 500-1000 dmg per turn.
  • Oh, Luke Cage... Yeah, not going to bother with my 1/2/1 Kingpin. Even a lucky cascade will hit for 1,1,1. icon_e_wink.gif
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I managed with a 1/5/5 lvl 180 KP, but it was close and took three tries.

This is not a case where a good board and an under covered character can carry the day. The match damage bonuses are mitigated by Cage's tile.

I have a feeling this will bring a litany of angry posts and too few feel good "hey I beat it with a 0/1/1" stories.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've crashed and burned on this 5 times already with my 3/0/2 kingpin. I think if you have at least one purple cover then this is doable but without is impossible as Cage just steals all your matches. I really thought this would be my second victory on 4* DDQ but alas I'll need my healthpacks to face the inevitable OP enemies in PVE...
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I've crashed and burned on this 5 times already with my 3/0/2 kingpin. I think if you have at least one purple cover then this is doable but without is impossible as Cage just steals all your matches. I really thought this would be my second victory on 4* DDQ but alas I'll need my healthpacks to face the inevitable OP enemies in PVE...
    I'd argue that yellow and black are the important covers as you need to deal damage with powers to take Cage down - you can't rely on match damage. You really need to think about what matches you leave for Cage though.
    My 4/5/3 level 229 Kingpin actually succeeded on the first try. icon_e_smile.gif Cage threw one Jab but I was able to match the countdown away. Swarm the board with goons, then poke poke poke... KO!
    Got red Cyclops from the token, quite nice as that takes him to 3/2/0...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3rd try and did it with a lvl 150 2/5/2, managed to match Torch green away quickly and got a fairly boring board. Cage managed 4 black the entire match and most of those were single black on the end of a match 4.

Purple is less important, i think if you have a little more in Yellow especially with Muscle strike tiles it might help. But yes even the luckiest cascade in the world isn't going to amount to much unless it gives you Kingpin colours in AP.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'd argue that yellow and black are the important covers as you need to deal damage with powers to take Cage down - you can't rely on match damage. You really need to think about what matches you leave for Cage though.
    My 4/5/3 level 229 Kingpin actually succeeded on the first try. icon_e_smile.gif Cage threw one Jab but I was able to match the countdown away. Swarm the board with goons, then poke poke poke... KO!

Mine's only lvl 121, I might give it another go after my full clear of the next PVE sub. Maybe I got unlucky but I got forced into matching non essential tiles all the time and the resulting drops kept leaving cage with yellow and black.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Mine's only lvl 121, I might give it another go after my full clear of the next PVE sub. Maybe I got unlucky but I got forced into matching non essential tiles all the time and the resulting drops kept leaving cage with yellow and black.
    A good board is critical when you do no match damage...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They did say that a 2* character would be boosted to do a 4*DDQ at some point so perhaps 2* spidey or bagman?
    [...]
    i wonder when we see lvl400 juggs.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not even going to try, 1/3/1