4* DDQ: Professer X vs Carnage Edition

Options
rbdragon
rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Got it done on the first try with my 2/4/1 Level 152 PX - boosted P/B and All Colors right away and hoped for a purple match, which was there. Got it, denied red and no problems!

Good luck everyone!

Edit: Ended up pulling a greenflag.pngicon_carnage.png - go figure! icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/1/1 lvl 94 Xavier boosted purple/blue and all, stayed invis the whole time won my 1st try. Easiest one to date for me
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    4/3/3 Level 150 got it first go with purple/ black boost. Quick purple matches then invisible and sat back making short work of it.

Fury and Professor are my only well covered 4* so thats me done till they come around again.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/1/1 Prof X, did not even think I have a chance, no boosts....and I did it, just hit the purples and then just ground him down......and for my reward redflag.pngicon_ironman.png (make him 3/3/0) makes up for 0 4*'s in the season 10 pack
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    E - Easy. Got it with 1/1/1. At first thought that attack tiles are go through invis...Nope.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My X is 2/5/1 so this was beyond doubt the easiest 4* DDQ. I don't think anything will trump this in a while.

EDIT: Pulled a icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got it 3rd try with 2/1/2. Takes purple power (Blind spot/invisibility) and a Little luck and patience.
    Once your Blind spot tile is out, Carnage can only use GREEN, so focus on denying GREEN (and keep gathering purple for backup in case he matches your tile).
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    My Prof X is only 2/0/1 lvl 90 - managed to get him down to halfway with a couple of match 5s but no joy. I think just having one purple cover would be enough to win this icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was a bit worried when the initial board was starved on purple and rich on green, but it wasn't difficult at all. Eventually I got enough purple to go Invisible and start boosting the attack tiles, Carnage didn't last long after that.
    Got Old Man Logan yellow from the token. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    5 blue and no other colours. No hiding and not enough 5 matches on the board. Damn. That's another legendary gone.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took 2 attempts but my 1/1/0 level 74 Prof X did it no sweat.

Got my invisible tile out and match damaged him to death icon_e_biggrin.gif

Piece of cake.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt was doing really well. Got purple in a corner, and just kept grinding. About a 1/3 health left for Carnage, and he goes: Carnage Rules, destroys purple, uses IM Freon Beam, stuns me, then killed with Scythes.

Damn. Should be doable though.

Edit: My PX is 3/1/0. Really missing that second purpleflag.png to take better advantage of Carnage's attack tiles.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well.
    My PX is 4/2/3 and Level 120, so I felt like I was had a pretty good shot right off the bat.

In my opening board there was a match-5 I could make straight away, awesome! I'll just match that and...
    and then the cascades started. Not one, not two, but SIX additional match-5's off the starting play.

Carnage never had a chance.
    I guess I used up all my luck for the rest of MPQ. Going to open up this legendary token and expect to get Bagman, somehow.
    Actually, it was Jean Grey Purple, which I needed.
  • This has to be the easiest "Clash" to date. Won 1st try with my level 111, 2/1/2 Prof and no boosts. Just stock up on purple and hide while Carnage kills himself with his attack tiles. It takes a while, but it was shockingly easy.

Pulled a blueflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_cry.gif.
    Her blueflag.png is the ONLY 4* cover I have 5 of, and that's the 2nd time I've pulled one from a token_legendary.png not needing either... ****. icon_rolleyes.gif

From what I gather from this forum, there seems to be an inordinate amount of icon_invisiblewoman.png pulled from token_legendary.png. She is officially the icon_moonstone.png of Legendary Packs.

Easy come, easy go I suppose. I take solace in the fact that this particular token_legendary.png wasn't my reward from a 7 day PVE grind. So there's that...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From what I gather from this forum, there seems to be an inordinate amount of icon_invisiblewoman.png pulled from token_legendary.png. She is officially the icon_moonstone.png of Legendary Packs.
    I think people are more likely to post a complaint when they pull an unneeded Invisible Woman... In other word, the posts-to-pulls ratio is higher.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone know what the record is for lowest levelled and covered 4* DDQ win is?
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    1st try, 2/3/0
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only ability that matters in this is his purple and probably a good board. His yellow is obviously useless but his blue would be a good damage booster for those rare 5 matches.
    My level 127 0/3/2 did it on the second go. Only reason I lost on the first go was because Carnage got a lucky cascade when his green went off that matched my invisible tile and I didn't have enough purple to reinstate it, so he whacked me with his red.

Second go there was *just* enough purple for me to keep some AP in reserve while not being enough around for Carnage to match my invisible tile away. After that it was a case of denying green as much as possible, trying to avoid 4s or 5s that would kill the invisible tile and just turtling up while Carnage's own attack tiles took him down.

I think I'd have struggled with most other characters because I'd be limited entirely to match damage.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I did it second try with my 0/1/1 level 74 PX. First time I've ever done it! Pulled Elektra from the token.

Just wondering, though, why the attack tiles Carnage generated for me did no damage to him at the end of each turn?
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This was an exercise in tedium for me, as attack tiles aren't working for whatever reason on my end. However, with purple a-plenty, it wasn't exactly hard. My ProfX is 3/5/5 at 270 though. (Only maxed 4*).
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    So, basically, have at least one purpleflag.png and you can win it. This is likely the only situation in which a one-cover character can pretty handily get the win.

My Prof X is 2/1/0 and level 90. Boost +:blue: / purpletile.png and +allAP and find a purple match ASAP and you are invisible, with a very modest amount of fortune, for the remainder of the match. Takes a little while to knock him down, but it shouldn't be too tough.

Fittingly, I was awarded a Prof. X blueflag.png for my efforts.

Thanks Demiurge for putting one out there that wasn't mind numbing for a low level character.