4* DDQ: Carnage versus Doc Ock

Options
Der_Lex
Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, how did everybody do?

I got it on the first go, with a L200 535 Carnage. Saved up ap until I could use his red twice and green once, and then killed him in one turn.

I think saving up for one big turn is key to this one, gives Ock nothing to work with with two of his powers. That and deny green.

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My icon_carnage.png is 4/1/3 and was level 131...first try didn't do so well. Got him down to like 6K health before he got me.

Moved him up to level 172, and got him down to 613 health before he got me.

Third try - very red heavy board. He didn't stand a chance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/0/2 level 168. No black may have been and advantage - Ock didn't really have anything to work with. Scythes dealt 4000-ish damage, had to fire it twice I believe to bring Ock down.
    Got my fourth red Cyclops from the legendary token, so he's 4/2/0 now.
  • Blinkxi
    Blinkxi Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    5/0/2 level 168. No black may have been and advantage - Ock didn't really have anything to work with. Scythes dealt 4000-ish damage, had to fire it twice I believe to bring Ock down.
    Got my fourth red Cyclops from the legendary token, so he's 4/2/0 now.

I agree with no black being an advantage.

I did it on the first try with my 3/0/2 lvl 127. I figured it was going to be a match damage showdown so went with +50% match dmg all + b/p + b/g. It was close, i finished it off with 3 casts of red @ ~1500 each.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't bother leveling up my 5/0/3 Carnage from 120; with no attack tiles the fight was a complete joke. Just had to deny green and the rest took care of itself.

Three Symbiote Scythes later, icon_redhulk.pngredflag.png. Works for me!
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try with a level 200 533 carnage
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    This was the easiest challenge yet for me. Beat him on my second try with a 4/0/1 Level 130 Carnage. Not having black nullifies two of his powers so all I had to do was deny green. I boosted +2 r/y, and boosted 50% r/y damage, but probably didn't need to. Not sure if I ever want a black card now! Got a pink Electra for my troubles. :-/
  • Im happy for all of u. Im not gonna make it, with my 1/1/2 level 94. It would be possible, if there wasn't because of my carnage black power, which makes the battle absolutely imposible, coz with a red which makes just 750, no matter how much red i save, im not gonna kill him in one turn, and after that, he just need to match some of my attack tiles, and good bye carnage.

Its awesome that there's a power which instead of helping me has condemn me to fail
  • 172 Carnage, two tries and a Jean Gray **** Full of surprises from the legendary. That's her first so I'm happy.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First one I've beaten on my first try, but I also have a max 5/3/5. Ended up getting 21 red before firing, but it was mostly match damage before that. Manipulation ended up matching his own couple attack tiles from the TU to boot.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    florida92 wrote:
    172 Carnage, two tries and a Jean Gray **** Full of surprises from the legendary. That's her first so I'm happy.
    Excellent timing with her being essential in The Hunt!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty easy fight since Carnage is my highest level 4* at level 233 5/2/5. I just saved up 21 red and killed him in one turn. He never even fired a single power.

Got Cyclops yellow from the Legendary token.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/0/1... 3 tries with max boosts and it's not happening. Oh well.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    2/1/4 (150), damge boost all and b/g, and ap boost all. first try.

Saved up enough ap for 3 red and 2 green. Board was good for me.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    So, how did everybody do?

I got it on the first go, with a L200 535 Carnage. Saved up ap until I could use his red twice and green once, and then killed him in one turn.

I think saving up for one big turn is key to this one, gives Ock nothing to work with with two of his powers. That and deny green.

Managed to do the same with a 181 515 carnage. Left w/ 600 health. icon_lol.gif The board kept feeding greens, and I tried hard to deny gr. LOL
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Still struggling with my 2/0/2 lvl 106. Got him down to 3K once, and this wasn't the time I used my 5-color boost either, but Manipulation gave him the green to off me. The Storm teamup isn't too bad, but I've tried 5 times and every board has seemed to feed the chubby jerk green. Seems achievable, so I'll keep at it later today.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    422 L168 kicked my butt four times before I was able to survive long enough to gather enough AP to win. And even then, I was lucky to have enough attack tiles on the board that they could finish Ock while I was in an Armed and Dangerous stun.

Got my first red Thing cover from the Legendary, though, so that's good timing.
  • Not gonna happen. Level 70 one green cover only. I managed to drop him to 6203 hp. I'm not going to try again is hopeless for my Carnage.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/0/1... 3 tries with max boosts and it's not happening. Oh well.

My Carnage is the same. Using AP and match damage boosts, I got Oct down to ~2700 hp before he killed me with match damage. And that was with a pretty good board that let me use Carnage's red 5 or 6 times. The 975 damage just isn't enough.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/2/1, not happening. Not even going to attempt
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went in with a capped 2/2/3 Carnage (level 147). First time, I did pretty well but once the attack tiles came out he was out-pacing me. Second time, I didn't block Green enough and ate one of those. Third time, I tried with full AP/damage boosting and was able to get ahead of the attack tile game, but only barely.

Legendary became a Red Elektra, and my Taco Binge for health packs last night gave me Kingpin Purple #5.