Mean Teen Jean vs Moonstone in the DDQ - how did you do?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, the Clash of the Captains is over, and I haven't really seen any speculation about who Jean Grey gets to face on Sunday. So let's start the speculation!
For once, I don't have any good guesses. It might be one of the many green/purple fourstars that have been released after her though - hopefully not Iceman though. Red Hulk is definitely a possibility, with both having AoE attacks and Rulk being able to drain Jean's green AP.
Floor is open for suggestions.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to "guess" it'll be a character with a cheap ability that makes purple matches contentious, and an ability that can steal any tiles you get via Green.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Options
    icon_ironfist.png would be tough, competes for purple/ green, strong attack tile, cheap purple that becomes a nuke once he has enough black.
    Weakness, purple potentially makes match 5s
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm going to "guess" it'll be a character with a cheap ability that makes purple matches contentious, and an ability that can steal any tiles you get via Green.

I'd be good with a low-key match like that.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Phoenix. Since Teen Jean is from the past, so she and current Phoenix Jean can exist together. Phoenix makes a match-5, she lowers Teen Jean's special tiles, buffs her own Psychic Flames special tile, but is stunned! And for this match only From the Ashes activates if Phoenix is downed, so make sure you match that countdown tile!

Seriously though, in terms of lore, Prof X, Wolverine (Old Man Logan anyone?) and Cyclops are the contenders. All of those wouldn't be too tough for Jean though, especially as a lot of players have her at lv270 5/3/5. Red Hulk would be an interesting opponent: your attacks are likely to activate Seeing Red, he can drain your green and generate his own. Pray the AI isnt smart enough to wait till he has 18 Green AP

But I believe the best opponent to face Jean is Moonstone. She can shift and steal your special tiles, and since you won't be prioritising Red, Photon Blast will hurt A LOT. Moonstone. Definitely Moonstone. Devs take note
    We still haven't seen that 2* opponent IceIX teased us with many moons ago and we are running out of opportunities for a twostar to pop up...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron Fist is a good possibility. Scarlet Witch would be as well, where you'd have to use your purple to keep her countdown under control.

I can see both Iceman and Rulk as options as well.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Iron Fist is a good possibility. Scarlet Witch would be as well, where you'd have to use your purple to keep her countdown under control.

I'd love to see Scarlet Witch as the opponent. "Oh, your countdown just resolved and gave you a match-5? Thank you!"
  • timbopp
    Options
    As we have yet to see a 2* opponent I'm going to take a guess and say... Moonstone!

She doesn't really have a cascading power to trigger match 5 stun/damage.
    She has a power that can steal Jean's green powered special tiles.
    MPQ loves to share their Moonstone.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Rulk. Competes with JG for purple and green and drains JG green. Destroys tile when hit with AOE. Never create a match5.
    At level 270..18k of health.

Oops.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I shouldn't have any trouble with Jean. But after that, Cyclops is the only 4* left to go that I have with more than 4 covers. I really hope the skip the newest ones and go back to the beginning. Only whales have a Red Hulk or an X-23 worth mentioning.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    they could do the reverse, and put Antman vs JG .. Since he can steal your tiles you make with green.. But, KK would be interesting

unknown__1__by_marvelboy1974-d9h7uyk.jpg
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

I'd love to see Scarlet Witch as the opponent. "Oh, your countdown just resolved and gave you a match-5? Thank you!"
    That's all great until your stun resolves and then she stuns you for 5 turns......
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Of course it's rulk this wouldn't be mpq without migraine matches!
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jean Grey vs Moonstone icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:

Yup,another migraine scenario. I think I'd rather fight moonstone though, because rulks red on this one will actually be painful enough to make a difference.

On a side note: even if we all said QS would be the scariest the devs. would still pick either of these two. Thier not that stupid icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bishop wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:

Yup,another migraine scenario. I think I'd rather fight moonstone though, because rulks red on this one will actually be painful enough to make a difference.

On a side note: even if we all said QS would be the scariest the devs. would still pick either of these two. Thier not that stupid icon_lol.gif

As tested in PVP on multiple occastions Rulk has no problem soloing JG with IMHB together... so unless you cause the AI to get cascades from his red, it is going to be tough..

but not too tough.. JG can also solo Rulk.. and others.. it is all in how the ap falls.

Would much rather see X-23, how aweful would that be if you let he get her purple out....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    :ironfist: would be tough, competes for purple/ green, strong attack tile, cheap purple that becomes a nuke once he has enough black.
    Weakness, purple potentially makes match 5s

He'd be tough if Jean's passive is under covered. Like mine. My Jean's 2/0/2, so I don't think I'll even try.
  • I'd bet on Kamala Khan but I'm feeling it will SHE Hulk.

1st two common colors: green and blue.
    2nd Settlement steals surprises Jean and Mind over matter destroys Settlement.
    3rd Power of attorney destroys surprises Jean and furious charge not let Jean loose his powers.

Now if they have to **** will put Iron fist.
  • moonstone, cause I said so. icon_e_smile.gif
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    If we wanted to have an easier time in 4* DDQ, people shouldn't be discussing possible opponents. I'm not exactly impressed with D3's gauge of their own characters and if we kept quiet about these matchups they might just give us Moonstone as the one to face. :p

Think about it, though, was Captain Marvel really their idea for the opponent for FalCap or was it because of the the thread like this for him? Remember the Galactus thread before it was actually run which saw drastic changes on how the event was originally meant to be due to the strategies that people were coming up with even before the event started? Well, these threads are somewhat like that but in a smaller scale.

Just something to consider.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ^As someone who sees the future it doesn't matter Cmarv was set long before that thread existed. Jean's opponent was set long before this thread came to be. Sure demiurge could randomly change things last minute but since at least Ant-Man (When I stumbled upon my crystal ball) they haven't and I don't forsee them suddenly doing it now.