Mean Teen Jean vs Moonstone in the DDQ - how did you do?

Options

Comments

• Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Once again, mpq punished those without a fully leveled JG. 1/2/4 lvl 152 used all my boosts, all my health packs, and never got her below 1/3.
  • Qwertylot
    Options
    I got Moonstone down to 7000 with my 2/0/2 Jean, but Jean's powers are way too slow to down her, especially this under covered. So, third 4* DDQ I won't be completing. Oh well.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you OSPJ, followed your strategy and beat it with my third attempt with Jean 4/1/1 level 135. First go I boosted 50% damage in two colours for all six just to see how much match damage I can do. Got moonstone to about 10k. Second attempt i did the same and again got moonstone be around 10k. Now that I got a feel of the match up, I boosted 100% damage all colours and 50% damage red and purple. Launched green and purple twice and that was enough.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/4/4, level 190. First try I got wrecked by her red and purple. Second try got her health down quite a bit, saving up purple and green to take her down in one go. Saved up enough to fire Jean's purple once and green twice, but Moonstone managed to get enough AP to fire both red and purple on the next turn, so I had to unload on her. She ended up with about 1500 health left, but managed to down her thanks to the strike tiles generated.
  • Not even close and like the rest of the game not even gonna bother. I think I'm uninstalling today.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Took five tries cause of several red heavy boards with my 166 3/2/5 w/ boost ap all, b/p & g/bl. Don't fire green until you have purple ready for her Control shift unless she has super low black ap. Got an icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png for my trouble. Needed it but my 2/5/0 icon_invisiblewoman.png is pretty worthless w/o any greenflag.png
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My best 4 (5/3/5 lvl 235) vs Moonstone? Easy win with 9k health left.

Got 1k ISO in the form of IW blue for my troubles.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/2/5 250, one shot. Did eat a fairly strong Photon Blast
    Phoenix redflag.png
  • 3th attempt, level 168 2/2/4. As already said before, the main factor is denying red and purple. Then is to take green to drop Full of Surprises. Be lucky to at least two surprises are strike and attack tiles and Moonstone not destroy them quickly. After that deny black for her not to steal their strikes and store Mind Over Matter to drop after Contol of Mind.
    The Legendary Token still sucks.
    Reward: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png (Repetead)
    Legendary Token pve:
    Reward: icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png (Repetead)

The more repeated Legendary Token comes, less willing to put money in the game I have. I will remain a free user. How much is something not repeated, is something with little value. I can not remember the last Legendary Token that could be really productive, as Jean Grey, Professor X, Kingpin, among several others.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know why 'deny purple' is a strategy here.

Boost green and all. Then get your missing 8 green before she gets her 8 purple. Once you have some special tiles on the board Moonstone's purple becomes irrelevant.

Deny black because having her steal your specials is painful. Conserve your purple in case that happens. And really really really deny red.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinicius18 wrote:
    The more repeated Legendary Token comes, less willing to put money in the game I have. I will remain a free user.

Wow that's a massive threat. You've been unwilling to put up anything so far, but the developers should be scared that you become less willing than completely unwilling.

I am sure they are quaking at the potential loss of revenue from someone who never put anything in over the hundreds of days you have probably paid so far. If you couldn't throw them a bone for the hundreds of hours of gameplay you have gotten so far, I doubt better legendary odds will in any way affect your behaviour.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This just happened...

Screenshot_2015-11-29-08-35-401.png
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Eventually beaten Moonstone after 5 attempts so far with my 166 3/3/5 Jean. Jean's powers are so slow
    Deny red and purple, match green when it's safe to leave her other colours. Cast greenflag.png then purpleflag.png , preferably waiting for Control Shift. Moonstone's high health is the biggest problem here

Interestingly, only 2 players in my top 10 have an under covered Jean.. she's 5/2/5 in both rosters icon_lol.gif
    I came 26th in the bracket.

This is another case of luck playing a huge factor for me, which is the main thing that i don't enjoy when playing this game. After failing miserably in the previous attempts, a good board with plenty of cascades ended the match quickly for me, Jean only took 1200 damage and Moonstone didn't even use any of her powers..

My 181 Jean is less covered than yours, and I beat moonie on my first attempt. Must be a lucky board for me. icon_mrgreen.gif Managed to fire green 2x, pink 1x.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I don't know why 'deny purple' is a strategy here.

Boost green and all. Then get your missing 8 green before she gets her 8 purple. Once you have some special tiles on the board Moonstone's purple becomes irrelevant.

Deny black because having her steal your specials is painful. Conserve your purple in case that happens. And really really really deny red.

Red denial is priority one. Everything else is peanuts. icon_lol.gif Once you fire off green, pink is no longer an issue.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took two times for my max JG. I have no idea why Moonstone was matching green constantly (had eighteen by end!) the first time.
  • [short story] lv 150 jeannie(petite phoenix) beat her for good on second attempt, got purple elektra/first cover for the trouble.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Done. 5 tries with a 5/0/5 build. Won black xforce.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1st try, 5/2/5 L250 Jean. Got an appropriate reward for so little effort in the form of a useless XFDP red. Good thing my PvE token got me a useful XFDP black, though, although after all this time I'm slowly starting to forget what the 5* cover animation looks like.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just another in a long line of "Why bother?" nodes.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just beat it on my 4th try with my 168 2/3/3. Boosted 100% match damage and then red and green for the other two for 50%.

And pulled my second 5 star.pngicon_jeangrey.png cover to put her at 1/1/0.

Takes a little of the sting out of that stupid last progression node in HoD.