Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom: FIGH---oh, he died.

Options

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    you-guys-are-so-bad-im-not-even-gonna-kill-ya.jpg

This totally feels like what the devs are saying to the players, especially for the Galactus event

With luck, this'll be Doom's reaction and you'll win the LT by forfeit.

There's countdown tile that starts and if you can't do more than 3000 damage by the time it goes off, DOOM LEAVES IN DISGUST.

Then, instead of winning a legendary token, you get an Invisible Woman yellow cover. Doom comes back, smiles, then leaves again.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

Then, instead of winning a legendary token, you get an Invisible Woman yellow cover. Doom comes back, smiles, then leaves again.

Doom would NEVER give up Sue Storm.

It would be Star Lord.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprise! It's DOOM!

My 2/1/1 MR. F has no chance.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2/1/1 stood no chance. I would rank this as the 2nd hardest. Falcon was worse due to Marvel's cheap powers and chasing 2 of the 3 colors you needed. At least doom's powers are a little more expensive. But here is how it will play out

Unless you have enough health to absorb a purple, don't bother. Yes blue is solid, but it just delays. You cannot keep Imaginaut tile out long enough due to him matching black and blue also matching. But even if you get your health back, he will get a board full of attack tiles and eventually he will get enough purple and unless you can absorb 1660 X trap tiles + 1660. You are dead

For my 5300 health, doom just needs 2 trap tiles to 1 shot me, and once again due to this being a match dmg battle you won't win without pouring in major resources to get a random 4*
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    My Mr Fantastic is at 434 and level 167...seems unbeatable with that even when i boost some damage etc.

You can't possibly do 15k damage just via match damage unless you get incredibly lucky. You are forced to snake every purple match because that's a 1 shot in such a drawn out game, which means you slowly lose the match damage war of attrition.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    "Mr. Fantastic is one of the worst characters we have ever designed. I know!!! Let's match him up with the beast that is Dr. Doom."

If nothing else, this should serve as a nice reminder of what a well designed character looks like. Doom may be a little slow in firing powers, but man, once he does he is a damage machine.

On the flip side, Reed is just painful. He is legitimately more useless than his wife. At least she has some PVE value. Not much, mind you, but it exists.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So you have a character with no offensive skills except one that requires you to match colors that aren't yours, and you match him against an over-leveled powerhouse with great 1v1 skills?

Is this going to be the lowest % completion yet? At least a fully leveled FailCap had a chance against Capt. Marvel. Mr. "Fantastic" could be fully leveled AND boosted and still lose to Doom.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    doomreed_zps9989aa8c.jpg
  • leeleeshine
    leeleeshine Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Abandon all hope ye who enter here, this is one of those "You're not supposed to win" matchups.
  • Lboogie
    Options
    Yup ive been slowly leveling my 3/4/4 mr f to 210....even at 210 i cant come close. I havent beat a DDQ 4* in a long time...im getting discouraged. The opponents are too difficult and even at max some 4*s are not meant to stand alone. Cant wait for the 4* rotation to start again. I won't try any more til then. So bummed
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lol Doom....I'm not even going to try this one
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Had to level up my 5-3-5 mr faptastic to the 18x before being able to take down Doom... with a lot of luck (had a few blue 5-matches that saved me from an impending purple, giving me enough ap to stun the good doctor multiple times) and after many attempts.

In my opinion this grudge match was even harder than Falcon vs Cap Marvel... by a long shot.

You definitely need a high level Mr. F to stand a chance... because you need the health to take the punishment (keeping in mind that doom's black will be painful as well if fired; purple will usually one-shot regardless of level).
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    My 2/1/1 stood no chance. I would rank this as the 2nd hardest. Falcon was worse due to Marvel's cheap powers and chasing 2 of the 3 colors you needed. At least doom's powers are a little more expensive. But here is how it will play out

I'd say this matchup is far worse than Falcap's. A fully covered SamCap has a reasonably good chance of flattening Carol. A fully covered Reed is still going to be crossing his stretchy fingers and hoping to match damage Doom out before he gets any of his 3 powers off - blue leads into black which will bleed Reed faster than he can heal, purple is likely as not to one-shot him or come close to it.

Got a 4/2/3 Reed and 0 desire to bang my head against this wall. If I wanted to play something purely luck based, I'd flip coins and save myself the frustration.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Options
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    On the flip side, Reed is just painful. He is legitimately more useless than his wife. At least she has some PVE value. Not much, mind you, but it exists.

With the right partners he can be a fun character to play and he has some "trolling" value (for example, carnage+mrf; edit: and as suggested, Prof.X, why not!).
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tried with my 2/1/2 Mr Fantastic but no luck, had him down to around 3k health on the 1st (I still had over 4k) but he got his pink off, next couple of tries I did not even last more than 2 mins...oh well
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried once. No thanks. I can't see this being fun even with a maxed reed.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I'd say this matchup is far worse than Falcap's. A fully covered SamCap has a reasonably good chance of flattening Carol. A fully covered Reed is still going to be crossing his stretchy fingers and hoping to match damage Doom out before he gets any of his 3 powers off - blue leads into black which will bleed Reed faster than he can heal, purple is likely as not to one-shot him or come close to it.

Got a 4/2/3 Reed and 0 desire to bang my head against this wall. If I wanted to play something purely luck based, I'd flip coins and save myself the frustration.

First try with my 4/2/4 152 lvl Reed (I should win, I have 10 covers!). Everything was going very well, I managed to stun him twice. I had my black device in the board, slowly chopping 400 every turn, I was trying to deny him everything I could, but then a match-4 for purple, with another purple in the same row (5 in total), and he can fire purple and kill me with just one attack! And I think just 3 purple tiles with traps, I had at the time 6500 hitpoints... icon_e_sad.gif

I think that if Doom fires purple or black even ONCE you are dead. No second tries.

I don't know which one is worse, but definetely this two are the worst. Devs NEED to start realizing that if the 4 is a very bad char, he needs to fight a 200 level enemy, not a 270 against a very good 3.

Sometimes I don't understand why they make these mistakes...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actually rather relieved I don't have to play this one. My phone is on service, so I am locked out of the game until it's fixed. I don't mind that right now...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To whomever on the dev team thought that this matchup was a good idea: get a **** clue. Seriously. Or at least try playing your own **** game once in a while.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I basically just got match damaged to death on a telepathic strike cascade. Happy days.