Hacked Roster?

Options
Dauthi
Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Does D3 still sandbox accounts? An alliance member of mine showed me this players roster, and I confirmed there is now way it was possible. He reported it to D3 over a month ago, who said they would investigate, and still nothing has happened. He is still sitting in his alliance unfairly contributing.

This is just one example, but we have seen quite a few accounts with mulitple 5*s finished. What will be the repercussions to rampant hacking?

scarpooch.jpg

Comments

• I don't know about "multiple accounts", but this particular one has been verified as legit by the powers that be.

The superest of the superwhales.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here we go again...
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone done the math on how much this would cost, even with "good luck" ? The costs should be unreal. If not I will take a crack at it later and see if it is even a believable number.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    Has anyone done the math on how much this would cost, even with "good luck" ? The costs should be unreal. If not I will take a crack at it later and see if it is even a believable number.

The last I had heard, it was in the neighborhood of $20K spent, but that was before Phoenix was released.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eh, chump change for a Saudi prince.
  • MyNameIsRed
    Options
    He's been busy, I took a screenshot of his roster Nov 3. Just for interest, I showed a mate who also plays.

His roster has grown another OML and maxed his second SS.

Good for him
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    An alliance member of mine showed me this players roster, and I confirmed there is now way it was possible.

Guess your powers of confirmation aren't as strong as you thought they were. At least you've dropped the crusade to bring down LINE and coordinated shield hopping.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's been busy, I took a screenshot of his roster Nov 3. Just for interest, I showed a mate who also plays.

His roster has grown another OML and maxed his second SS.

Good for him

I think none of us ever need to buy anything ever again. This dude is propping up D3 single handedly.
    Hell, it's surprising he hasn't just bought the company by now if this game means so much to him.

Anyway, who needs more than one of any 5* character? It's not like a maxed Silver Surfer is going to get killed off. Dude tanks everything and 12 blue would heal a huge chunk of HP.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He's been busy, I took a screenshot of his roster Nov 3. Just for interest, I showed a mate who also plays. <br abp="750"><br abp="751">His roster has grown another OML and maxed his second SS.<br abp="752"><br abp="753">Good for him
    <br abp="754"><br abp="755">I think none of us ever need to buy anything ever again. This dude is propping up D3 single handedly.<br abp="756">Hell, it's surprising he hasn't just bought the company by now if this game means so much to him.<br abp="757"><br abp="758">Anyway, who needs more than one of any 5* character? It's not like a maxed Silver Surfer is going to get killed off. Dude tanks everything and 12 blue would heal a huge chunk of HP.

If he paid even $30K or $40K for his 5*s, you might support 1 developer for 1 year depending on where he or she lives. It would most definitely not support the entire company for an indefinite period of time.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Anyway, who needs more than one of any 5* character? It's not like a maxed Silver Surfer is going to get killed off. Dude tanks everything and 12 blue would heal a huge chunk of HP.
    Yeah. I mean, if you were going to spend the money to get the covers, once you started getting duplicates you wouldn't throw the old ones away. When you are spending that kind of dough, you would just roster the extras. But I can't for the life of me figure out why you would spend the money on the ISO to level them so high. The utility of a 2nd 5* just doesn't make much sense - I mean, how often are they really going to die off???
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locking this thread. If you suspect someone is cheating, posting a thread here does nothing to solve that issue. Please contact support here: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support. If you haven't received a response from CS, you can also PM Hi-Fi or IceIX and ask them to look into the issue.

Dauthi, you have been on the boards long enough that you should know better. I am going to give you a warning. Please keep in mind that any future transgressions of this sort will result in a ban. And although you did block out the player in question's name, you left just enough of the alliance name intact that it would not be difficult to identify said player. For future reference, if you are going to post shots of anyone's roster besides your own please remove both the player name and alliance name in full. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.