MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2015 Edition *Updated 12/23/15

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In December, 2015
*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

CHARACTERS
    icon_hulkcho.png The first character release for this month is the brand new Totally Awesome Hulk, Amadeus Cho! Check out his abilities here.

Next up is Miles Morales (Spider-Man)! We're happy to bring the newest generation of Spider-Man wall-crawlers to MPQ! Character thread is here.

Rounding out the year we've got another 4* - Venom (Eddie Brock)

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Vision - Made Man Holiday PvP - ??? Miles Morales - ??? Psylocke - Fresh Cut Venom (Eddie Brock) - ??? Daken - Fatal Attraction Doctor Doom - Doctor's Orders

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
      Venom (Eddie Brock) - Venom Bomb Simulator Challenge Dark Avengers: Heroic Enemy of the State

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
      Storm - Black Luke Cage - Black Rocket & Groot - Blue Spider-Man - Purple Daredevil - Red Required - Ghost Rider

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      12/24/15-12/30/15 4* - Venom (Eddie Brock), Kingpin, Thor 3* - Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Gamora, Iron Fist, Black Widow 2* - Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Magneto 1* - Iron Man, Yelena Belova
      12/31/15-01/06/16 4* - Jean Grey, Wolverine 3* - Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Colossus 2* - Black Widow, Human Torch 1* - Hawkeye, Venom

*Hi-Fi (12/23/15) Updated Versus Tournaments, PVE Events, Deadpool's Dailies & Weekly Buffs
    *Hi-Fi (12/11/15) Updated Versus Tournaments, PVE Events, Deadpool's Dailies & Weekly Buffs
    IceIX 12/16/15 - Minor update to flip Miles from precis to full stat link

Comments

• Malcrof
      Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor

AoE Week begins!
    • Bulls
      Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
      Options
      X-23 is boosted 2 weeks in a row or is that mistake?
      Also is there any info about how long are you gonna keep placing newer and newer 4* in ddq before reset of that cycle?
    • IceIX
      Options
      Bulls wrote:
      Also is there any info about how long are you gonna keep placing newer and newer 4* in ddq before reset of that cycle?
      Whoops, typo! Thanks for the catch. Should be Ant-Man starting tomorrow.

No real news on 4* cycling other than we'll reset it when it's through a cycle, very similar to how 3*s were woven in when that was still an ongoing thing.
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Why so many Heroics all of a sudden?
    • IceIX
      Options
      fmftint wrote:
      Why so many Heroics all of a sudden?
      We've been running them at about a 2:1 ratio lately, which probably feels like more since we haven't run any 7 days for the past while since Prodigal Sun which breaks up the flow a bit.
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Ghost Rider - Vicious Cycle

Made me chuckle. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    • jffdougan
      jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
      Options
      IceIX wrote:
      Bulls wrote:
      Whoops, typo! Thanks for the catch. Should be Ant-Man starting tomorrow.

No real news on 4* cycling other than we'll reset it when it's through a cycle, very similar to how 3*s were woven in when that was still an ongoing thing.

I think the point might have been that it feels like we're adding them faster than we're catching up? The current Gamependium projection doesn't have the cycle resetting until after New Year's. We've got at least one more 4* being released before then, which would make mid-January... which lets somebody else get released, which pushes the cycle back more....

I haven't checked the old DDQ calendars, but (except for Bullseye) I think that new characters weren't slotted in until we'd hit the end of the cycle.

On the topic of the new 4* - my best guess is Emma Frost, although I know they've said they're taking a break from mutants. OTOH, I can't think of anybody else not already in the game for whom invisibility stands out as a power.
    • spectator
      spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Miles Morales?
    • spectator
      spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Invisibility and web tiles
    • Starsaber
      Options
      spectator wrote:
      Miles Morales?

Probably. Another long-shot option would be Spiderman 2099.
    • Dragon_Nexus
      Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      IceIX wrote:
      Ghost Rider - Vicious Cycle

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.
      It needs to be Scraping at the Door. It...NEEDS to be.

Don't do this to me, guys! I was looking forward to seeing that!

There's still time, you can still change it!
    • jffdougan
      jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
      Options
      spectator wrote:
      Miles Morales?

I have to admit I don't know Miles well, but I don't see how the invisibility tiles fit.
    • Stony
      Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
      Options
      jffdougan wrote:
      spectator wrote:
      Miles Morales?

I have to admit I don't know Miles well, but I don't see how the invisibility tiles fit.
      Miles can go invisible. He can also stun.
    • TLCstormz
      TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
      Options
      Miles Morales is the better bet, but at first I thought of Katherine Pryde

Also, Stephen Strange.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Stony wrote:
      jffdougan wrote:
      spectator wrote:
      Miles Morales?

Miles can go invisible. He can also stun.

I'm fairly certain the preview for 1* Spider-Man also referred to Web Tiles as [Charspecific] as well.
    • mindsuckr
      Options
      spectator wrote:
      Miles Morales?

I know Miles makes the most sense since he is current, but give me a 4* Eddie Brock Venom and 90s-angst me will die happy. The skills would fit his powers as well.
    • Sykosonik
      Sykosonik Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
      Options
      Miles Morales could be cool, but wouldn't Spider-Gwen be more likely, given her popularity?

Invisibility does seem more like it's Miles, though.
    • The Viceroy Returns
      The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      Another guess could be Nightcrawler.
      Invisibility could simulate his teleporting around, especially with the "appear and deal damage" part.
    • The Bob The
      The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
      Options
      IceIX wrote:

Next up is as of yet unannounced, but here's a quick spoiler-free synopsis of their abilities. Conversation and supposition should go here.
        Invisibility/Damage - 8 AP - Creates an Invisibility tile and X [Charspecific] tiles. While Invisibility tile is on the board, this ability becomes: Remove Invisibility tile, deal damage + bonus for each [Charspecific] tile.
        Tile gen/AP Gain - 7 AP - Creates X [Charspecific] tiles. PASSIVE Gain Red/Purple AP when matching a [Charspecific] tile
        Damage/Stun - 6 AP - Damage and Stun target opponent

This is either Miles Morales Spidey or Nightcrawler (invis/revis sounds like a teleport), but the stun and lack of blue has me leaning toward Miles.
      • Peej13
        Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
        Options
        I think the colors are right.
        11189473_ori.jpg