4* DDQ: Bobby bought some Jeans

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've only got 6 covers, but they are at 4/1/1 (at lvl 135 ) so I'm hopeful. I've got at least 1 level of stun and tile generation, with the most covers on his damaging green. Instead of setting up the "punch" part of his blue, I'll just let it expire and stun again.

As for foes, SW sounds like a likely 3* option. Nick Fury could be the 4* option tho, and that would be a headache. You'll be denying yellow at no gain to you and when you generate blue tiles, it might match one of his traps.

One thing that might come into factor is the way Iceman's purple both drains and changes Red. Maybe someone with a strong red power that the key to success is denial? That's if they do a "puzzle" aspect like they have for some of these battles, and not just a straight up beating type like others.
    UPDATE: thinking over this last part, I think it really could be Daredevil. Two color match, the red denial theory, plenty of traps to walk into with Ice's blue tile generation - he could be a beast at lvl270 (even without using Radar Sense). It would be a race to who stun locks who 1st.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He's 3/1/2... worth the ISO to sink in or another waste of time.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Jean again? Have they run out of potential challengers already?...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman is arguably the best 4* right now, so I wouldn't consider leveling him a waste.

My L200 4/3/3 Bobby wiped the first time due to an early green cascade for Jean, but the second time was like playing with Spider-Man in the old days: stunlocked her into oblivion, after turn 4 or so she never got another turn.

Match-up seems pretty fair overall, although it'll be a long slog for low-level Bobby's, and I think that you'll probably need at leadt 1 blue to have a shot.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Surprised to see Jean again, but she did "out" Iceman, so maybe there's lingering resentment.

Beat her on 2nd try with my level 135, 4/1/1 iceman, using rainbow boosts. She even got off one match 5 blast on me when I created too many blue tiles near each other, but not enough to down me.

Gotta purple JG from the LT, very happy with that, bringing me to 3/2/3 for her.

Oddly, she kept matching red tiles, which doesn't benefit either of us. Maybe she was keeping iceman from converting them to blue?
  • Monged4life
    Options
    That is odd, unless she had no other options? I didn't think the AI was capable of choosing to match a worthless colour if one of their character's colours is available...
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This made up for the last 4* DDQ for me - beat JG in the first try with my level 111 1/2/2 Iceman.....

Very strong blue board - kept her frozen nearly the whole match.....
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stun lock for days. Easy win. Too bad my reward was 1k ISO in the form of yet another IW..
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Options
    2/3/3 Iceman, boosted +2 P/B, +2 all, matched blue once and she never got another turn. Easiest fight in the history of this event. Sadly I got my sixth icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png, but hey, moral victory, right?
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat her on first try with level 127 (covered 2/3/2). Having Blue and stun looking will be the deciding factor. Punch a snowman was going to be useless at my level, so I just kept stunning after I got knocked down to 49 hp (should've done it sooner)

soOS8bE.jpg
  • 2nd attempt 2/2/1 Iceman level 111.
    Duel of the X-men 3 * children.

Reward:
    icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.pngicon_e_sad.gif
    Obs.:For the tenth time I pick up this cover and I only have one blue and two black. In addition to being a character that will be one of the last for me to put Iso, if I put, still only get the only cover that it is complete. Are you sure that the distribution is random? Nobody invests in something that has no return.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finished with 1/2/1 @ Level 94, lowest level win to date.

Proof how good Iceman is. Took a pretty decent blue board, stun chained (no punching) and match damage. JG never fired a power (obviously, it would have been insta-kill)

Red Star Lord LT... I use the term "usable" cover loosely.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/3/4 icon_iceman.png, I leveled him to 120, boosted purpleflag.pngblueflag.png , greenflag.pngblackflag.png , all damage. Once I got 12 blue she was locked down the rest of the match.

Pulled my 3rd SL yellow this season, resulting in a 20% draw rate
  • First try with my 200 5/5/3 Iceman. Was interesting to see her denying my blue rather than build her own powers.

And for my efforts another 4 Star I didn't need. icon_cry.gif
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lol my iceman has 1 purple cover. Doesn't look like this is happening. icon_lol.gif
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They followed one of the hardest fights yet with one of the easiest. Did they make a change at the last minute, based on the reaction from five days ago, or are they really this inconsistent?
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat her on the 2nd try with my level 110 1-2-2 ice creeper. Boosted all rainbow, and +2 purple/blue. I was shocked. People have been talking about amazing cascades lately, and the board was in my favor to keep cascading blue. Kept her stunned while slowly matching her to death. One cascade ended up giving me two criticals into a match 10 which damaged her for 3700 pts! Got a black kingpin which I can use. Haven't one a match up in weeks, so very happy!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I beat jeanne on my first try. 4 snowmen will take your unleveled 173 Bobby quite far. icon_lol.gif

re: cascade wave. . . I actually lost 2nd place in sub 5 because of it. In multiple matches, AI managed to get cascades for dozens of aps. so I was sitting on my hands while the AI makes 6-8 moves and time ticked away. In one match there was even a back-to-back 5 match! icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

Too bad the stores were closed, or else I would have bought a lottery ticket or two. icon_lol.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/1/4 here. I might give it a try but...not going to waste too many health packs on it.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like to thank Vinicious for his help.

My Bobby was 1/1/1 and i decided to open my 9 LT, hoping a blue cover.
    It was a purple. I bought a blue one and level up.

After 3 tries and boost, a win and a Phoenix Purple for this Crash !

Very happy, but my HP melted like a snowman icon_e_biggrin.gif !