Crash: Ghost Rider vs Galactus

Options
fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Cast your lots, who'll Ghost Rider face off against tomorrow?

I don't think it will be a villain, because Demiurge won't give us the bonus damage
My first thought is Punisher, shares all colors greenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png and has very similar abilities

By request:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think it will matter as 85% of the players won't have much of a chance.
    I can actually see 3* bullseye as an opponent to punish the players for placing out attack tiles for bullseye to destroy. The good news you don't have to worry about contract killer firing off.

2nd choice would be Venom to buff GR attack tiles and then do massive damage against level 100 GR.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Galactus. Good luck, lol. icon_twisted.gif
  • If we're only talking about who would make sense to be his enemy (not colour-wise but storywise), Hood would be the closest thing he's got. Especially due to the whole possessed-by-a-demon schtick he's got going, which is kinda sorta maybe in line with Ghost Rider.

It's a long shot, but i certainly hope his opponent is not Pun Pun... who would probably end you quickly (with his red move) if your GR isn't well covered and levelled.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is GR confirmed? Seems like he was released too recently for many to have a shot.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is GR confirmed? Seems like he was released too recently for many to have a shot.

Oh, you poor sweet summer child.
  • fmftint
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In December, 2015

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
      Storm - Black Luke Cage - Black Rocket & Groot - Blue Spider-Man - Purple Daredevil - Red Required - Ghost Rider
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The trend has classically been someone who shares 2 colors, and I suspect it would be a villian to make GR more useful... how about Gorgon? Gorgon is R/P/B, which matches 2 with GR.

Regardless of who it is and how well covered they are, my 0/2/1 GR isn't going to win squat though.

(alternates are 3* Bullseye and Ultron, but I'm going with Gorgon)
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    To be honest, my Ghost Rider has too few covers for me to bother hitting crash node. I'm more concerned about the weekly after---rotating back to xf!!! (this is according to the ddq vault.) icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    Wow. It really is Galactus. And I know I would have been able to do this if he was decently covered. I only have a level 86 GR with 3 reds and no other covers. Only way I could do this is with a good red based board, allowing me to place reds multiple times.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's some full-on, weapons grade trolling right there.
    healthpack.pnghealthpack.pnghealthpack.pnghealthpack.png ...
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hah! I've got no chance with my one red GR, but that is perfect trolling right there, I have appreciate it.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i did this with a 1/3/2 131 GR, so it's pretty doable, focus on getting those CD's out at first while gathering black. Once you get enough black to fire it 2 or 3 times let him hit you a couple times, i used +1 greenflag.png / blackflag.png and a Boost to green/black, and a critical boost. saw someone in my bracket with a 1/4/1 135 that did it so it's definitely doable with 1 black.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    saw someone in my bracket with a 1/4/1 135 that did it so it's definitely doable with 1 black.

That was me. First go I didn't boost anything and got him down to 7k by casting black twice before I died. Second go I boosted +2 all aps, +100% match damage, +2 green/black aps. Just concentrate on the countdowns and match whatever else you need when you can. Both go I got red out early, eventually dealing 500/turn. Second go I only go enough ap to cast black once when my health was 500. Only dealt 4K and galactic had 1k health left. It was a matter of matching those countdowns to prevent myself from dying and waiting for the strike tiles to finish him off. Took 4 turns and I was down to 125 health. Would have been dead the next turn. My reward was a 5th wxf black.
  • fmftint
    Options
    1/3/2, 131, took 4 attempts. Bootsed red/yellow ap, black/green ap, rainbow ap. Had a good opening board with several match 4s and was able to keep Galactus CDs of the board. Was able to lay green 2x, red 2x by my 4th turn. This is really about CD management till you get Galactus low enough to finish with black

token_legendary.png a needed icon_antman.pngblueflag.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume this was inspired by the old Fantastic Four cartoon...
    My Ghost Rider is only 1/1/1, but I feel I have a decent chance here if I can play smart. More covers wouldn't hurt though...
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Managed this on the second try, but not through any particular skill.

Boosted red and green/black +2 along with a full 5 color damage boost. Fired red and green soon as I could and matched cd's when they were convenient.

My GR is 157 2/4/2. It took a Penance Stare at the end for just enough damage to pull it off.

Got a yellow KP I didn't need for my troubles. C'est la vie.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Is no one gonna chime in that it is kind of silly that a 4* character that has been out a month is the featured in the 4* DDQ?

Guess what 5 days from now is gonna be Miles, followed immediately by Venom.

I don't even know whether that is true, it doesn't even matter. Why in the world are these characters getting featured in a game mode that requires a healthy amount of covers and levels to succeed in?

It's cool, 4* DDQ is a well defined entity at this point, but still, give the fringe element at least a fighting chance please.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha, HA HA HA HA! Hilarious D3, great April Fools!

Have all the recent very few covered 4*'s losing again and again not shown low player engagement?

I encourage everyone simply -do not play-. Apparently D3 doesn't care if you win or lose, you are still engaged. I'm not even trying today.
  • life_in_death
    life_in_death Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did it with 1/2/2 GR and some AP boost, and a good starting board with two match-5 already there... but I think that this was extremely more doable than other times with a low covered character.
    I grinded hard GR event to get all the covers and that's it!
    Next one is TAHulk, I was tired after GR and didn't even finished top100, got only the alliance cover, so I'll probably skip that one...
    This is the way it is, sometimes 4*DDQ is playable, some other times is not... it is just a legendary token after all, better luck next time!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got him to 50% with 1 red level 70, doesn't sound like its possible without black...quitting...