Champion Levels Going Live Jan. 07, 2016

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Here's word from Demiurge on the release of the new Champion Levels feature:

"Starting tomorrow, you can promote your max level Heroes into Champions. There are a few other things we would like to bring to your attention as well.

Champions and Champion Levels
    You can level your Max Level Heroes past their max level. Each Champion Level gives you a Reward. Champions allow you to reallocate ability levels as many times as you want.

Ability Upgrade Purchases
    You are no longer able to purchase Ability Level Upgrades with Hero Points. Command Points can be used to purchase Ability Level Upgrades for 3 and 4-Stars (20 and 120 respectively).

Character Attribute Updates
    Sam Wilson (Captain America) has seen an update to his ability values. For example, Sam Wilson’s powers have gotten 40% better at base level. 3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level. 2-Star Characters have had their health adjusted above level 94 to better balance them against each other. As part of the championing balance changes 2, 3 and 4-star characters will see a slight difference in match damage and health."

We'll have additional info on many of these topics available soon. We hope you enjoy your new Champions!

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for giving us a date to work with!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for this. Can you clarify a few things?

You are no longer able to purchase Ability Level Upgrades with Hero Points

Is this across the board or only Championed heroes?

2, 3 and 4-Star Characters have had their ability values slightly updated."

Updated = upgraded? Can you give an example?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Championed heroes will already have max covers, so won't affect them.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Switching from Hero Points to Command Points to upgrade 4*s is such bull ****. It already cost $100 to whale a 4* (which itself is already ridiculous), but moving to CP increases that a ton
  • DrStrange-616
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Championed heroes will already have max covers, so won't affect them.

That's what I thought, but this is a big change if you can't use HP to buy covers anymore.
  • DrStrange-616
    Options
    So, HP will be good for buying roster spots and that's it?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you still need a cover to begin with to upgrade with cp or not?
  • woopie
    Options

Shields too. Buyer's clubs are about to get a lot more popular
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'll be nice to see what the FalCap buff looks like. I'd still rather see his blue revamped into an active that combines some of its current effects with a more Cap-like stun.

The 2, 3, and 4* changes just don't have enough info to comment on yet.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shields, packs.
  • DrStrange-616
    Options
    woopie wrote:

Shields too. Buyer's clubs are about to get a lot more popular

True and truer.

All those peeps who bought HP during the sale for covers better spend it today.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tl;dr: FTP game removes main pay-to-win feature; everyone complains.
  • woopie
    Options
    So should we be expecting a game wide rebalance? Because that's what it sounds like.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shields, packs.

^ this.. Token packs are going to be HUGE with championing.. i see myself snagging a 40 pack occasionally.. just to add levels to champions, even 2*s, plus the guarentee'd LT, yes pls. All the CP from championing will go towards covers.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Also tokens (still a big money maker, particularly from newer players and gamblers), strong buffs, and shields.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So...buying covers. Used to be 1250 hp for a 3* or about $10 in hp. Now 20 cp or about $300 worth of cp. Used to be 2500 hp or $20 for a 4* cover. Now 120 cp or about $1700. Mark up of 3000% for a 3* and 8500% for a 4*. Awesome upgrade! I hope I can go pay $300 for a gallon of gas tomorrow or $1000 for milk, too! Thanks guys!
  • LegendReborn
    LegendReborn Posts: 301
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So HP will only be used for roster slots, shields, cover packs, and the odd boost or health pack?

That seems really counter intuitive for the whales who like to buy covers after a new release. Does that mean they have to resort to buyer's clubs at much higher cost to get covers?

The only covers I've ever bought were two Iron Fist Purples about half a year ago or so but I feel like that really messes with anyone who liked buying the new characters who aren't the few exclusive mega whales sitting on multiple copies of 5*s who have stockpiles of CP and don't know what to do with it.
  • Dayv
    Options
    woopie wrote:
    Switching from Hero Points to Command Points to upgrade 4*s is such bull ****. It already cost $100 to whale a 4* (which itself is already ridiculous), but moving to CP increases that a ton
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • DrStrange-616
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    tl;dr: FTP game removes main pay-to-win feature; everyone complains.

They did remove one or at least made it more expensive and even more reliant on luck. With one day's notice - after a sale. I know a lot of people who bought HP during the sale to buy covers who are going to be surprised tomorrow.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure how to feel about the HP change. If we take in more than we spend on roster spots, now the only use for them will be tokens, I guess.

In the meantime, I'm sitting on over 10K HP and have 10 covers for Jean Grey, so I think it's about time to make that an even 13.