Updates Arriving With Champion Levels *Updated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi folks,

Here's some additional information from the developers for updates planned to arrive in MPQ tomorrow with the launch of Champion Levels:

"Power Upgrades

Beginning January 13th, you can use Command Points to purchase Power Upgrades for your 3-Star or better heroes. This replaces Hero Points. 1-Star and 2-Star Power Upgrades can no longer be purchased with Hero Points.

Power Upgrades will now cost:
    3-Star: 20 Command Points 4-Star: 120 Command Points 5-Star: 720 Command Points

Game Balance Changes

Related to Champions, we’ve updated power, health and match damage for all of our characters:
    3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level. 2-Star Characters have had their health adjusted above level 94 to better balance them against each other. As part of the Championing balance changes 2, 3 and 4-Star characters will see a slight difference in match damage and health. Ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star characters have been re-tuned when above their Max Level."

*Updated (01/08/2016) with the new Power Upgrade implementation date of Jan. 13 and added the last line seen above.

Comments

• Tomorrow! Weeho, thank you for giving us a release date!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I cannot believe you guys are only giving us one day's notice of this huge change. Not to mention, non-forumites will have no idea at all the HP they just bought won't buy them what they thought it would.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hero abilities have been adjusted. Abilities are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.

If this means I can actually start using Heroes before they hit 13 covers and have them not be terrible, then that's an awesome change.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So, wait, you can still buy 3s and 4s with HP? That's what I'm getting from this.

Edit: missed "This replaces Hero Points", so it sounds like it's still going away.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tdglory49 wrote:
    So, wait, you can still buy 3s and 4s with HP? That's what I'm getting from this.

Yeah there's some confusion on this point. The other reveal thread from a few minutes ago makes it sound like HP won't buy covers at all anymore and this one makes it sound like it's only 1/2 who have had that turned off.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was planned, 5* cover upgrade with CP will cost lower than 720CP.

Is this going to happen?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tdglory49 wrote:
    Nope. Now you can purchase abilities only by CPs. 1s and 2s don't have such option at all.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    tdglory49 wrote:

Yeah there's some confusion on this point. The other reveal thread from a few minutes ago makes it sound like HP won't buy covers at all anymore and this one makes it sound like it's only 1/2 who have had that turned off.

I'm taking this to mean, you can't buy 1s or 2s at all. The only way to buy 3/4/5s is via CP.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    tdglory49 wrote:

I read it as no more covers can be purchased with HP for 3* & higher.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I cannot believe you guys are only giving us one day's notice of this huge change. Not to mention, non-forumites will have no idea at all the HP they just bought won't buy them what they thought it would.

This. A million percent this. Push the change off by at least a week and have an in-game warning about it. This is a HUGE kitty of a deal, especially so soon after a sale.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hero abilities have been adjusted. Abilities are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.

If this means I can actually start using Heroes before they hit 13 covers and have them not be terrible, then that's an awesome change.
    As I unbderstand that if for example luke cages 5 yellow on level 40 tommorow will be like luke cages yellow level 80 today. So they just change progression with level to be less incremental.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    David: suggest you reword your post slightly, to something like "1-Star and 2-Star Power Upgrades can no longer be purchased with any currency", to avoid confusion.

Everyone else: boo hoo, now you can't buy covers with HP at ridiculous prices. Don't worry, there's still plenty of roster slots and shields to buy...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This. A million percent this. Push the change off by at least a week and have an in-game warning about it. This is a HUGE kitty of a deal, especially so soon after a sale.

To clarify - push the HP change back. Don't push the Champion change back.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ...sigh...
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Um, guys. We need more information on this now.

If the value of our HP stashes is about to change DRASTICALLY at some undetermined time tomorrow, developers need to explain exactly what's going to happen, and they need to explain it yesterday.

You're on the clock.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:

Everyone else: boo hoo, now you can't buy covers with HP at ridiculous prices.

Yes, now they can only buy them at ludicrous prices. Cost of whaling a character at release was just increased by 13700%
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To clarify - push the HP change back. Don't push the Champion change back.

Yes. Champions going live is good, Capt. Falcon's buff is good, ability changes per level is whatever, cover-buying changes is **** SLOW YOUR ROLL.
  • Geez - you guys make an announcement that impact players who've spent our hard earned, absolutely real money on this game and (i) it's unclear whether you can use HP to buy upto 13 covers, but CP thereafter, and (ii) give just a single days notice for us to make a decision on what to do with our stockpiled HP.

Unless I had checked the forum, I'd have never known about this change as even your recent patch notes made no mention of this.

C'mon D3, think a bit more on the impacts of your changes and be a little more professional in your approach or give me my money back!
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a change not just to gameplay, but to the in-game economy. It significantly changes the value of what I, and many of my alliance, just dropped a lot of money on in the most recent sale.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hero abilities have been adjusted. Abilities are stronger at lower levels
    I thought you guys were working on a way to discourage people from soft-capping their rosters. All this does is give soft-cappers a bigger advantage than they already had to begin with. I swear to god, you people completely mystify me sometimes.