I wonder if THAT is why IceX really left?

Options
TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've known and heard of people quitting their jobs or stepping down from positions, simply because they felt that their morals had been / would soon be compromised.

Do y'all think that maybe he jumped ship, because of how despicable this short notice on HP was going to be?

Comments

• Gordzilla
    Options
    Lol I was thinking the same thing
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I've known and heard of people quitting their jobs or stepping down from positions, simply because they felt that their morals had been / would soon be compromised.

Do y'all think that maybe he jumped ship, because of how despicable this short notice on HP was going to be?

That's likely the tiniest reason ever. So no.

The notice timing is an oversight. You have to be the biggest conspiracy theorist in the world to think they purposefully tried to sneak in a change that screws everyone over. If they wanted to do that, they just wouldn't give notice and would make the chance instantly. But I guess someone has to keep the tin foil companies in business.
  • cactusrob
    cactusrob Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    But I guess someone has to keep the tin foil companies in business.

Until tomorrow, when suddenly with no notice tin foil hats will no longer function.

Lead hats are all the rage now.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dont think anybody would leave a job in this economy over those type of circumstances. Its not as if d3 was hiding the fact that the game is giving people cancer or something. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People have bills to pay and yes while it is fine having morals they ain't gonna keep a roof over your head.

Pure coincidence is all.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To the OP, I doubt it, but I can see him being relieved that he doesn't have to be around for another cluster.

Here's another conspiracy theory for you. They always planned to have the "covers bought by CP purchase only" happen on the 13th, but announced that it was rolling out with the update, so they could generate outrage and people buying covers with HP and buying more HP to buy covers with HP. Then, they announced that they were pushing it back a week to gather the goodwill of listening to their userbase while counting the money that came in.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is silly. If we were to imagine that he jumped ship for any reason any than the ones he stated, I'd rank having to deal with people on the forums than this.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locking this thread. IceIX has stated his reasons for leaving here. Anything else is baseless speculation. I understand the frustration with the lack of communication in regards to the new champion system but please try to focus your criticism on the actual issues. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.